Maiden Voyage! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2021, 09:37 AM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
Maiden Voyage!

Well we are about to head off on the first trip on Tuesday. Since the first day and half of the trip will be the hardest (through the mountains) taking her all the way to Ontario isn't a huge worry to me. If we get across to Calgary, then the rest is smooth sailing, Murphy notwithstanding, of course.

I had a long "To Do" list to update and set her up the way I wanted, that I wasn't really able to do much with (battery swap, solar controller, a bit of plumbing and wiring last fall and in the winter during the milder spells) until about a month ago, waiting for the rain and miserable weather to end. Then the heat started. So it has been a very full month. Thanks to all for the help with the ac unit BTW. Lots of assistance and suggestions on that one! Just finishing up wiring in a Garmin back-up camera, check the tire pressures & lug-nut torques today, and I can put all of my tools (except for the essentials that I carry for emergencies) back in the garage and there will be room to change my mind in there. Then I can do a proper clean-up, organisation and pack.

Tomorrow I will hook up and get her ready to go for Tuesday morning. Taking a short day the first day - Kamloops to Revelstoke, and trying to keep my driving time at about 5 hours per day max. There will be a couple that will be unavoidably long, but can't do much about that except take nice breaks during the day, so the dogs and I can stretch our legs.

I had to make a high-lighted To Do & Ta Done! list so I could show myself the progress I was making. A lot of those things took time & effort, but not a lot of visible evidence on the surface. The list was positive reinforcement!

Wish us luck. Looking forward to doing something with her besides The List!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4317.jpg  
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote