Manual for Compact Jr? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #1

Name: Lolly
Trailer: Hunter
Arizona
Registry
Manual for Compact Jr?

I would like to know how to get a manual for a 1971 Hunter 10' compact Jr. I am trying to find the size of the wheel bearings. My trailer is in Mexico and I need to take down new bearings to replace the rusted ones at the beach so I can bring it back to the states. Thanks
Old 05-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmakt View Post
I would like to know how to get a manual for a 1971 Hunter 10' compact Jr. I am trying to find the size of the wheel bearings. My trailer is in Mexico and I need to take down new bearings to replace the rusted ones at the beach so I can bring it back to the states. Thanks
Lolly,

Welcome to the forum. A lot of the threads here concern people replacing the axle on the Compact Jr. You might be well-served to take a collection of bearings down that will fit the more common sizes.

Now that I said that, hopefully someone else will chime in and let you know what those sizes might be.

As you are looking at an old trailer and probably a long tow, having good tires will be important. Old tires "age out" and may be effectively rotten before the tread is worn out.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Oh, oops. I split this off the thread it started in, and now I see Lolly's asked the question in another forum... So, I'll close this one and add a link to the new improved version. Look for:

Wheel Bearings/Manual
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Closed Thread