Me - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Me

As many of you know, I've lost my wife of nearly 50 years. She made marriage and my life so good that I want something similar again. I believe I've worked through the five stages of grief and am ready to get on with my life. I am hoping to meet a young lady between the ages of 60 and 72 who shares my desire for molded fiberglass travel/camping. Looking for someone of good character who is a good conversationalist, has a sense of humor, slender with weight in proportion to height. Some college experience would be nice but not required. I'd hope for someone who can cook since I'm hopeless. Because of several circumstances in my life I would not relocate. I'd like to winter in Arizona again but not alone. I like photography, reading crime fiction, researching family history among other things. I'm a long way from being rich but I'm ok. Thank you all for your support now and in the past. If any of you know of such a person, I'd appreciate an introduction.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Bob, it won't be me... I don't cook either. In fact, I have a pillow that was given to me as a Christmas present that says "I have a kitchen because it came with the house."

I wish you the very best, truly. I have found there is a whole lot of difference between being alone and being lonely. Have you checked out some of the web groups for single travelers? Some are looking for mates and others are looking to share the road (going the same direction). As long as you stay here on FiberglassRV, you are never alone....

I wish you peace.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Good luck Bob! You may wanna check out Solo Campers - Online Community for Solo Camping There are a few ladies that I would say are looking for mates.... Some are obvious as a thunder storm, others are a little more sly... How cute if you find another glass owner to hook up with! Been a long time since I was there, but I would assume that they are all still around. Good Luck!

Donna, you seriously crack me up!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Yup, and if you get real lucky one of you will have an Egg and the other a 5er and they can get "Hooked Up" as well. (LOL)

BTW: Have you been following "Last Tango in Halifax" on PBS? If not, you need to.....

Good Luck

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #5

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Better to eat out EVERY day of your life than have a bad marriage!

Why is it that men who CAN cook are never looking for wives?

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Why is it that men who CAN cook are never looking for wives?

Could be that they are snapped up by all the gals who can't cook! lol (DW comes to mind here...)
I love to cook, and have always enjoyed cooking. After I retired, I put myself through our local community college Culinary Arts program to expand my talents, so I guess I am now "classically trained" as a chef. As to my DW, she is, self-admittedly, inept in the kitchen and so I do all the cooking. I also volunteer my culinary talents as Lead Chef at our local Elk's Lodge when they host catered events, etc. (since we no longer have a staff chef anymore due to budget constraints.) Just recently I cooked up a wedding brunch buffet for 70 people, followed a few days later by a prime rib banquet dinner for 160 people (Federal Managers Assn., with the shipyard commander as key note speaker.) It is challenging at times, but I enjoy doing it. There are times though that you feel like you're on one of those timed cooking challenge competitive elimination shows, especially when some of the volunteers are no shows and they leave you hanging...Cooking at home? It's nothing compared to cooking commercially.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Congratulations Greg. I can cook as well and so can Ginny. Once retired I jumped into the kitchen and love to cook. At our Escapee park I will frequently cook for 100+. The best part is they have a professional kitchen and a willing supportive cast. The biggest cooking skills are paying attention and reading well.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: scamp
Michigan
Bob, best of luck. After I lost my wife in '99, I never really thought I'd get ,married again, but then I met and married the best wife of all. (3rd)
You just never know. She may come into your life tomorrow, in some totally unexpected way.
Again, best of luck.
ThomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #9

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Ferget my advice in post #4 about "Last Tango". In fact, try to not watch it... LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #10

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Robert,
I have a couple of ex-wives in the closet, both can cook. You could save me some alimony!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #11

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Bob, I admire your guts. Life is short especially in age group some of us are in.
I was long term friends with a campground host couple, The wife passed away, they were married 50 years. After about six months later the husband was courting me.
I really liked him but felt it was too soon. He did not wait around and married someone he had met a year later. I asked him why so soon? He said, "I'm 72 years old, life is short, I need to be married" They are a great couple, love each other, and I am happy for them. HA! Watch "Last Tango in Halifax" I love this PBS Series.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Best of luck to you, Bob. I'm sure that Grace is looking out for you as well (and with great love) as you move forward.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote