Lotsa little stuff; most nagging mistakes were hanging up (screwing on) the various tin decorative posters rather than, I don't know, taping them up for a while? Paul is in despair every time I say, "Gee, that tin thing looks a a little too far to the left..." as he contemplates having to fill more holes in his once pristine new paneling.
Putting the heavier of the two IKEA "as is" mattresses in the back, rather than in the front.
Making the cushion hold-backs for the permanent dining seats too high (Paul fixed that last week). Making a pull-on cover for the portra-potty, and a matching liner for the laundry bin that ended up so tight it is a literaly work-out to get it in and out again. Not using 3/4" ply, or better yet, some kind of permanent flooring product instead of the 5/8 plywood floor we did use, though we've had fun with the scraps and the marine ply in general, it's such a lovely plywood.
Not working harder to use the wine rack for the upright supports in the galley. It woulda been snazzy!
Ahh...not getting a 12V/110 cooler to begin with. SOOOOO much nicer than an ice chest! We travel with it in the car, plugged into 12V, and then Paul puts it under his bed when we park and plugs it into 110/120. SO nice!
Hurrying on renovations. Seemed important at the time, but we've gone back on a number of things and tweaked them better. Many of our most recent 58 to-do items were redos on little things.
Not being more meticulous putting the decals on the outside. I can see every place they're not totally straight. And I feel like everyone else is just being kind to the stupidone (me).
Not cleaning those windows
as well as we've just done--they're all done and working so much better now! Thanks those who helped us figure out why they were so darn sticky! PlastX on the inside plexiglass, rubbed well in and then well off has made them just super nice. As much as possible for windows
this age. And we believe now the front and front/side windows
have been replaced, as they seem a LOT newer, and have a different seal type. They also work better, smoother...
Changing the base of the galley to remove a 2" cable pass-through "thing"--we could've left that and worked around it better if we'd realized what it was for...not that we're using it for what it was for, anyway, though.
Not putting enough shelves in the closet area to start with...we've fixed that now, and Paul painted all the new bits white to match the rest. MUCH better use of space.
So lots of little things. Plenty of things we like about what we've done, though, too.