Molded Fiberglass Toy Campers! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
Hello people,
I'm going to make a mold for a fiberglass Uhaul camper and afterwards Boler,Burro and trillium, toy.
1/18th scale molded out of epoxyglass with chassis. windows and doors opened(cut out)...decals available.
I need to know who wants what before I makae the first batch.....lemme know Bruce


Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Weinel, Alan's Avatar
 
Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Posts: 329
i/18th scale... so they will be in the 1/2 foot or so long range? (A 16'er would be just shy of a foot?)

Quote:
Hello people,
I'm going to make a mold for a fiberglass Uhaul camper and afterwards Boler,Burro and trillium, toy.
1/18th scale molded out of epoxyglass with chassis. windows and doors opened(cut out)...decals available.
I need to know who wants what before I makae the first batch.....lemme know Bruce


Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Gerda, H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Posts: 191
Registry
Wow, an Escape 17'B as model sounds great. What a nice idea!!
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
MikeCM's Avatar
 
Trailer: Tent
Posts: 192
Quote:
Hello people,
I'm going to make a mold for a fiberglass Uhaul camper and afterwards Boler,Burro and trillium, toy.
1/18th scale molded out of epoxyglass with chassis. windows and doors opened(cut out)...decals available.
I need to know who wants what before I makae the first batch.....lemme know Bruce


Bruce, I assume you are looking to sell these, any ball park pricing? I would love a burro for my office and one for home.

This sound like a great creative outlet, and would let those of us up north to dream of camping season.

Mike
__________________
Former 83 Burro Owner (destroyed in fire)
Looking for a new Fiberglass Project Trailer in New England.
MikeCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
I'll sit down this week and figure the right lengths and widths for each..and start making a plug for the uhaul 13 mold....It's harder to do than the scamp or burro because of the projected windows front and rear and the side depressions ...but certainly doable.
Scamps, burros, bolers and trills should all be a bit easier to do ....maybe.
I'll only be asking what it costs to make one and not looking to make extra off them. There are some things that can be done with them though if you have one...like...go after doll house or toy furniture and fixtures to do the inside...light them.......paint a scheme to stare at then change ..drag em around behind a rc car or truck..LOL....there are many 18th scale cars and trucks diecast ive looked at and I think thats the scale most doable actually..search diecast cars and trucks and see if they have yours or something close(they dont have my Ranchero but they have the car like it I could hack up)..theres alot of diorama accy's for them also..people garages tools etc........or you could just............look at it
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
I'll sit down this week and figure the right lengths and widths for each..and start making a plug for the uhaul 13 mold....It's harder to do than the scamp or burro because of the projected windows front and rear and the side depressions ...but certainly doable.
Scamps, burros, bolers and trills should all be a bit easier to do ....maybe.
I'll only be asking what it costs to make one and not looking to make extra off them. There are some things that can be done with them though if you have one...like...go after doll house or toy furniture and fixtures to do the inside...light them.......paint a scheme to stare at then change ..drag em around behind a rc car or truck..LOL....there are many 18th scale cars and trucks diecast ive looked at and I think thats the scale most doable actually..search diecast cars and trucks and see if they have yours or something close(they dont have my Ranchero but they have the car like it I could hack up)..theres alot of diorama accy's for them also..people garages tools etc........or you could just............look at it

We would be interested in a UHaul model. We have the 16' VT but a 13' toy model would be fine, too. There are too few 16' VTs around to make it worth your while to do that one.

Kevin and Cindy
Oak Park, IL
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
JenPB's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Posts: 338
Registry
This sounds like a fun idea! Sounds like Bolers and Uhauls are most popular. But I have a 72 Compact Jr. Maybe someday you'll get involved with a 1/18 version of those. Meanwhile, HAVE FUN! This sounds like a blast!
__________________
Jen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
compact jr's would be easier.....we'll see
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
Quote:
We would be interested in a UHaul model. We have the 16' VT but a 13' toy model would be fine, too. There are too few 16' VTs around to make it worth your while to do that one.

Kevin and Cindy
Oak Park, IL
I think the easiest way to do the 16vt would be take two 13's and cut leaving enough on either half to make a 16vt...otherwise I'd be making a mold for something that only a half dozen people own and all wouldnt want anyhow....so maybe 3 would get sold..true?
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
When I get smart enough to figure out how to post pics on here I'll show you all the progress with the molds etc . This site struggles me with pics always and I've had no success........Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Doug Mager's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Posts: 2,535
Registry
Hi(?) Bruce!!
....any chance of a pair of 13ft Trilliums? Similar to Bolars except the roof line is slightly different being squarer, not as rounded at the corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Copy_of_plymouth_n_trailer1.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Weinel, Alan's Avatar
 
Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Posts: 329
Hi Bruce - are you planning to do a Scamp 5er too???



Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Posts: 3,082
Registry
How much?
Scamp 13' Body 6.6" Overall 8.6" ?
Scamp 16' Body 8.6" Overall 10.6" ?
Would this be the size?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
Quote:
How much?
Scamp 13' Body 6.6" Overall 8.6" ?
Scamp 16' Body 8.6" Overall 10.6" ?
Would this be the size?
yes those are the approximate measurments for them......13ft..6.6 body......16ft...8.6 body.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Bruce Thomas's Avatar
 
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Posts: 778
Registry
Quote:
Hi Bruce - are you planning to do a Scamp 5er too???
yes....and trillium,casita too.because so many people have them
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Gerda, H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Posts: 191
Registry
Hmmm, Escape... Similar shape to the Trillium, 17' long. That would really be a nice addition. Scroll to the bottom of the following page for some pics:

http://escapetrailer.com/Products/17FootEscape.aspx

Boy Bruce, you started something here... I really appreciate this idea!! Alone in this forum you will be able to sell quite some models! Are you sure it is not going to be too much work..??
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Posts: 2,836
Registry
Bruce:

Kevin did not mention that we have more than 1 of the Uhaul molded toys that were made for advertising the trailers. They are some kind of molded material like plastic and appear to be the 16' VT.

CindyL
__________________
1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Bryan L.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Posts: 379
Will one be able to gain access to the inside easily? I'd buy a 16' Scamp one if I could pop it open and make it exactly like mine inside. The interior stuff I could do and would love doing it - the making of the exterior, not so much! I've been contemplating carving one out of wood just for kicks but I'd really like to do the inside up. This sounds great.
__________________
"The babbling that I brook." - Pink Floyd

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Posts: 219
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
A 13' Scamp would be great. depending on price, I'd be very interested. Ron
__________________
2007 Scamp 13' deluxe
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
DonDeutsch's Avatar
 
Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Posts: 328
Bruce<

I am deffinately interested in the U-Haul model. I have a Cloud and they are almost identical. Please keep me posted.

thanks
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Molded Fiberglass Andrew Gibbens General Chat 4 03-15-2010 04:52 AM
Molded fiberglass in politics Lex M General Chat 8 11-15-2006 11:03 PM
Molded fiberglass, no kidding! Per Walthinsen General Chat 7 07-02-2006 01:41 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.