Molded Fiberglass with no (0) holes in roof - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo12345 View Post
THIS IS EXACTLY WQHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

These guys have added split system and unplugged the roof top system

This makes a world of difference in holes.

Why wouldnt all the moulded fiberlass guys do this

Several other youtubers with same idea

I did a custom 9,000 BTU Fujitsu mini-split install on our Escape 19 (outdoor unit on tongue) and an install on an Escape 21 (outdoor unit on the rear). Both have the indoor units recessed in upper cabinets. They have both held up fine to thousands of miles of travel. The one on the 21 has done an 8,000 mile round trip from NJ to Alaska and another to Quartzite AZ and back. Whisper quiet and I mean ridiculously quiet heating and cooling! The list of other benefits are long. Another member near end of the same thread has a very efficient Pioneer mini-split that he just installed in an Escape 5.0TA and running it with solar and lithium batteries! This thread has over 106K views so people are definitely interested. Enjoy.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ofit-8249.html

You can see and hear them running on my YouTube page:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRqH4...4Exw_iw/videos
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #22

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp 16ft
Alabama
If "When" my Scamp's AC unit quits it's probably going to be removed and replaced with a Max-Air vent fan or something else low profile. Being the water heater tank started leaking.... Flooding my Deluxe Scamp now I have water damaged cabinets lower parts. Water damage isn't limited to holes cut in roof or walls. FYI anyone who's been using the water heater for almost 10 years you might want to check it out for corrosion on bottom of tank especially if your heating with electric.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I doubt trailer makers will offer mini-splits until the mini-split manufacturers will provide a warranty for a mobile application. One could just plan ahead and not order heat or A/C and have it installed on your own. 4-season campers won't be able to use it under 40F, though - so probably mostly just for A/C. Also need a certified HVAC tech to do the connection and gas charge/leak test - not knowledge trailer makers have in house.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote