Molded trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Molded trailer

Today I saw a molded fiberglass trailer, no question about that but it had an Airstream identifying plate on it that was about a foot long. Is there any chance that it could have been an Airstream? I was in no position to get a picture nor to talk to the owners. It was painted a battleship gray. At first glance I thought it was an Escape but........
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
This?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=argos...pTqOgwNwZyE%3D
Old 01-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Today I saw a molded fiberglass trailer, no question about that but it had an Airstream identifying plate on it that was about a foot long. Is there any chance that it could have been an Airstream? I was in no position to get a picture nor to talk to the owners. It was painted a battleship gray. At first glance I thought it was an Escape but........
No chance at all it was an Airstream, although Airstream did make a fiberglass trailer as an experiment in the '50s... It was likely a Scamp or Casita painted gray with "Airstream" painted on it, or they got the name plates off a junked trailer.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/a...tegory&catid=4

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/a...tegory&catid=4

There were rumored to be two or three fiberglass prototypes built, and at least one survived. It was rescued out of a yard in Mission Texas about ten years ago with the intent to restore it. I found it to buy it as well, but someone beat me to it by a couple of months. I haven't heard any more about it since then.

Apparently Forest River made an Airstream knockoff called the Aviator in 2013. Might this have been what you saw?

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Whatever was not an Argosy. I knew about those but forgot about them. The one I saw did not have all those windows on the front and it definitely was not that Forest River thing. I guess best bet would have the Scamp or Casita. It appeared to be either 16 oor 17 feet long.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote