More Parkliner Photos - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Aliner
More Parkliner Photos

I found some nice, large photos of the interior of the Parkliner here.

It looks so open and airy, and it looks like the quality is superb. I can see where you could configure the interior a lot of ways.

My major problems with it are the icebox or TINY refrigerator (no refrigerator/freezer apparently), and no roof air conditioner. I like roof A/C's, even though the new manufacturers don't!

And the porta-potty. Sigh.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Bench-Table-Up.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	37178

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Cooking.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	37179

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Queen-Bed.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	37180

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Queen-Bed2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	37181

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Rear-Seating-Full.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	37182

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Rear-Table.JPG
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	37183

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Rear-Table-Up.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	37184

Name:	2011-04-Interior-Rear-View.JPG
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	37185
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I like everything I see, but these photos are old ones. I have asked repeatedly on Facebook for some new ones to no avail. Several members tried to contact them, again without success. I'm not sure what is going on with them. Lil Snoozy, on the other hand is up and operating and they will be attending a rally next month with a demo.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #4

I didn't know they were old. I had tried to email him for more photos, but couldn't get an email to work from the site. (The problem is my computer, not his site. I also get that on Blogger.)

I'd like to see a photo of how he is protecting the indention over the door exterior. And I'd like some assurance that rain and snow wouldn't collect in that central roof depression. I also would like to know if it could be wired for roof air.

I'm sure he's very busy. But it's really not smart to ignore potential customers who are clamoring for info about your new product.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm not sure what is going on, there is someone on myspace that acts as the owner but always refers to "Chandler" and I have asked several times for updated photo's of the door and other side. The roof air is not an option as the a/c is located under dinette. There is a refer option. Other than that, that is all I know. It has great potential, but the marketing leaves much desired.
Have you looked at Lil Snoozy- they are in southern NC somewhere. Have you tried calling Parkliner?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #6

The website speaks of Chandler in the third person, too. I find it a little odd.

I am not in serious buying mode right now. Getting some unexpected financial hits that may mean I have to keep the Aliner for longer than I'd planned. But I'm very interested in following the progress of new fiberglass manufacturers.

Yes, we are close to Lil Snoozy. They're in SC, probably a 6 hour drive from here. I find it interesting that both of the new manufacturers are not using roof air conditioners and are using porta potties.

From reading the page about Chandler on the website and looking at the options he offers, it is clear that he is a campground camper too, so his trailers are not designed for long-distance traveling.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
I believe that you may get a cassette toilet option in Lil Snoozy. I had a cassette in my T@da and loved it. They can very easily be used in the winter because they have their own water supply.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you are referring to mike, I don't see how he is acting like the company owner. His post appears very clear to me "I will introduce myself again - I'm Mike Landis and I'm the web guy here "

I thought chandler said here in this form, his website was written up with humor intended.

I also emailed for info but got no reply when the site was new. I haven't tried recently. Someone said they called the number and talked to a person there. Maybe that's the best way.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #9

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
If you are referring to mike, I don't see how he is acting like the company owner. His post appears very clear to me "I will introduce myself again - I'm Mike Landis and I'm the web guy here "

I thought chandler said here in this form, his website was written up with humor intended.

I also emailed for info but got no reply when the site was new. I haven't tried recently. Someone said they called the number and talked to a person there. Maybe that's the best way.
My wife and I tried BOTH ways to contact Chandler. We could neither get a call back or email. Sad part about it.......we were leaving PA and within a stone throw from Park Liner on our way to see the Lil Snoozy. It sure would have been nice to see this camper along with the Snoozy.
I have to agree.....it's a sad way to market their camper (Park Liner). On the other hand......Nick from Lil Snoozy had no problems whatsoever in emailing us or talking on the phone. They opened up their whole shop to us and took the time to explain everything they were doing and everything they planned to do in the future. IT was nice to have someone listen to suggestions. I hope things work out for Chandler.......but he's going to have to change the way he does business, to get business.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #10

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
I also tried to call this place a couple of weeks ago, no answer. It doesn't bother me that there is no ac on the roof, and I would much prefer a cassette toilet. I had a cassette toilet in my TC and love it. I will have to check out this little snoozy trailer. Is there anyone here on the forum that has one of these Parkliner Trailers ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #11

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I'm sure if someone had one of these we'd all know by now. Not sure what their delivery dates may be etc but i'm sure they're very busy either way trying to launch a new product and such. Little things can lead to big setbacks. I dont envy them,it's gotta be rough.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #12

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
I'm sure if someone had one of these we'd all know by now. Not sure what their delivery dates may be etc but i'm sure they're very busy either way trying to launch a new product and such. Little things can lead to big setbacks. I dont envy them,it's gotta be rough.
Its got to be very hard lunching a new camping trailer these days for sure, but if nobody answer's the phone for questions its only going to be harder to sell one. I have tried calling twice and I have emailed them today, we'll see if they get back to me.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #13

Name: Andy
Trailer: 1979 Ventura 13'
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood

Its got to be very hard lunching a new camping trailer these days for sure, but if nobody answer's the phone for questions its only going to be harder to sell one. I have tried calling twice and I have emailed them today, we'll see if they get back to me.
That's where it pays to hire an answering service with some scripted info
AndyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #14

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
Arizona
I just got an email yesterday from Mr. Chandler. His survey of the economic situation is that he is booked up with orders until after April 2013. He is very busy and I get the impression if he hires more people he will have to up the price and he don't want to do that. He answered my questions and was very personable but he was a little vague on some issues. I asked him if there was any way to get more ground clearance for off road travel and he said there wasn't much demand for that option and just left it at that??? The trailer has elevan inches from ground to axle. There is a Marine toilet option that works very good as an option and is ceramic. Bigger refridgerator is an option but the capacity is still too small, it was 2.4 cu ft. I asked if it was a four season trailer and he answered in a round about way of saying it is only good for dry camping in the winter as the sewer pump and sewer hose conection was outside of the trailer underneith? and therefore I assumed he meant would freeze up. But the pipes are inside. I asked him about living full time in it and I got the impression it was no, because the insulation is not good enough for snow or cold weather use. The insulation is something I never heard of and he wrote it is used in airplanes? He didn't give me an R rating. If I want to see one I have to go to the factory for a look see. I'll go back in my email for more details and get back to everyone with in the hour. I'm back now. The tongue weight is 220lbs. It has better axle bearings than the Casita. The AC is a window type AC and is 5,000 BTU. The insulation is mylar with bubble warp or somethng like that. He says the manufacturer claims 98% heat reflextion but he don't buy it. But he does say it works good. Would I now sell my Casita 17 footer for a Parkliner...no I don't think so, not at this stage of the Parkliners development. I wish we had more 4 season trailers to choose from.
Rattlesnake Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #15

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Joe, neither the casita or the scamp is setup for true 4 season camping either. The insulation is reflectix with a ratfur'ish over it, and he isn't the only manuf useing it. I used it to insulate my sailboats hull when I lived on it...its not bad for how thin it is. I have stayed out in my ParkLiner on nights that dropped down into the teens and I was comfortable, but lets be realistic... the heater kicks in a decent amount because to make it really winter campable means useing much thicker foam insulation and the trailer will lose interior space.

I totally think you can live full time in a ParkLiner, no different then a scamp or casita... and alot of people live in theirs full time. Yeah I wish we had a few more inches to play with for larger tires for more clearance... but my last trailer had 12" rims and had alot less clearance. My ParkLiner will be goin offroad with me in a few months...slowly at first till I feel more comfortable with it... but she seems pretty solidly built so Im not too worried.

Im not as concerned about the smaller fridge size, I think its the same size that a scamp 13 or casita 13/16 have. I had bariatric surgery so my stomach is real small so I don't eat alot so it was a moot point...Im just happy to be able to put half in half for my coffee in a fridge, not an ice chest and worry about the cardboard leaking lol.

The company is small, they are growing... jeez got 2 people here ordering them just talking about mine lol. Im so excited to go camping...so far the first trip is a 3 day weekend the end of april!

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #16

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
deryk, you talked about reflectix and hull liner and cold weather...i posted elsewhere my wife's and my surprise waking up to ~3 inches of fresh snow on the roof of our van and the ground... we had no idea it had snowed overnight and there was no heater in use. I think that the combination of reflectix and hull liner is underrated. It is simple and it works great IMO.

If one wants to beef things up they could put multiple layers as we did in the van.

: ) Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #17

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
mmmmm Thom I would say to a point. Windows dont help... its way better then no insulation lol...my first boat I lived on and I was a bit green... had a propane fireplace heater from dickinson and it ran on high 24x7 to stay warm... added reflectix where I could, put a fan on the floor to blow up the chimney pipe and move the cold air up it got easier to heat... but add this Foamular F-250 1 in. x 24 in. x 96 in. Tongue and Groove Foam-86BG at The Home Depot And that would probably stay warm with your body heat and a candle lol

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #18

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Why not use the foamular and fabric to make custom covers for your windows. They could also work great as a light-blocker!
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #19

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
we actually have the 2" version of that solid pink sheet above the headlining. Our actual insulation sandwich on the walls goes close to this...as i remember, i have notes somewhere! :

Metal Van Wall
Reflectix
3/4" Bubble Wrap
Reflectix
Hull Liner Fabric

It is seriously insulated ! With only about 20lbs of materials + about 30lbs of Hull Liner carpet/fabric.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #20

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
Arizona
Thanks for the info Deryk, I have much to think on now.
Rattlesnake Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner