Most used features - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #21

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Thanks Rob. Looks very nice. I sent them a question about the bed setup.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I'd never want to do without a bathroom, but I'd like to get a look at that 17B,
Thanks,

Walt
You should ask members here if someone close to you will show you there Escape 17B - there are lots of them around or I should say there was, have noted while attending fiberglass meets that many owners here have upgraded to the 19' or 21'. Or call Escape and they will set you up with someone close to you.

There are photos of the standard 17B set up with the 2 seater at the front on Escapes website. Most folks I know who have them leave the back bed down.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Off hand I can't think of a fiberglass trailer 17' or less with a 4 seat dining table separate from the main bed. 2 seat yes, but not 4.

Walt
If you go one foot more, the Trillium 5500 has a bathroom, and a HUGE bed in the back, and a four seat dinette in the front. They both can be either a bed or a dinette.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 PM   #24

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
AWNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyW View Post
M Scott, I'm interested in what you found difficult about your awning. I have a Casita 17SD on order along with an awning option that it's not too late to cancel, so could you explain (1) the difference between self-wind and hand-wind, and (2) what's difficult about it? I plan to solo full-time, and I'm not all that strong anymore. Thanks!

If others wish to chime in on anything else you don't or can't use due to physical limitations, please do! You would be helping save me money or trouble.
We have a 2013-17 ft. Casita Spirit Deluxe with the Fiamma awning. We use the awning often .Works well and is easy to set up and take down (one person operation). It is far better than the Dometic awning we had on our previous Scamp. You do need to be conscious of the wind but that is true of all awnings. Being able to sit outside in the shade on a hot sunny day or when it is raining is an asset in our book. IMHO.

Z
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #25

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
If you go one foot more, the Trillium 5500 has a bathroom, and a HUGE bed in the back, and a four seat dinette in the front. They both can be either a bed or a dinette.
Or, one more foot - my Escape 19. Queen sized bed, 4 person dinette, bathroom, 6.7CF two door fridge, tandem axles, etc -- about the same weight as the Trillium 5500.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #26

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Or, one more foot - my Escape 19. Queen sized bed, 4 person dinette, bathroom, 6.7CF two door fridge, tandem axles, etc -- about the same weight as the Trillium 5500.
What is your average towing fuel consumption? I'm getting 16-17 MPG towing Scamp 16. I prefer to travel and see the world around but not "camp" with BBQ like 30'+ monsters.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #27

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
What is your average towing fuel consumption? I'm getting 16-17 MPG towing Scamp 16. I prefer to travel and see the world around but not "camp" with BBQ like 30'+ monsters.
I tow with an F150, 2.7L Ecoboost V6 4X2 Super Crew. My towing average mpg is about 16, and not towing it jumps to 26. Generally I keep it at 60 mph on smaller highways, and 65-68 on Interstates. I haven't really noticed an appreciable difference in mpg between the two.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #28

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Franswa, about the bigger bed. Thanks for those pictures. I saw that post and have bookmarked it. We actually thought about doing something like that and perhaps we still will. The downsides I see are: 1) it makes it a little difficult to get out the door in case of an emergency. Not impossible, but kinda awkward and 2) you have to convert the bed back to a table before you can open the fridge or at least remove and store the extension. I thought it was a very clever mod though.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:16 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
We are so pleased with our queen bed in our Trillium. Without it we just wouldn't use the Trill very much. We had a VW Vanagon Westfalia and the bed was narrow and each night seemed like a week. (The dogs and cats didn't help.). I have bought a couple of very comfy leather chairs and my next project is to remove (with care and attention to structural integrity) the front Groucho and install these chairs. There was a day when Connie and I would take off for many months with a backpack and 1/2" bedroll, but that was then and this is now. The queen bed ate about 16" of our closet, kitchen and floor space, but we have just as much storage, the kitchen utility has not changed and if dancing is the order of the day it now moves outside. We don't feel we have given up anything and the bed is wonderful. The other things that are working are that we cut down our battery current consumption to a very low level so can get a week out of a fully charged battery. We have portable solar but have been leaving it at home.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Doug L
Old 05-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #30

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Groucho?
Wait... Did someone say the magic word?
Did the Duck appear?
Marx my word?
LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #31

Name: Mark
Trailer: EggCamper 2012 #109, by 2006 Tundra or 2014 Outback
Western Massachusetts
Bed Size was, by far, our #1 consideration, when we were shopping for a FGRV. We would have been fine with a couple inches off the width of a Queen (60" wide), but a full size (54" wide) was just a bit too narrow. A fairly easy mod enables a Queen width in the Eggcamper, and, if I remember correctly, a couple of other FGRV's can be modified to put the width into or almost into the Queen Size range also.
coastsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #32

Registry
Now how did my spellcheck come up with Groucho???
That's the most ridiculous thing I ever hoid.

Marx my words, I have slept on it and woke up a Groucho.

Doug L
Old 05-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #33

Registry
I suspect all the younger folk are scratching their heads and wondering what Bob and Doug are going on about. Speaking about Bob and Doug....that is another comedy act...Eh Bob?

Doug L
Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #34

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Groucho?
Wait... Did someone say the magic word?
Did the Duck appear?
Marx my word?
LOL
Yeah, I caught that too, but restrained myself.....with difficulty. LOL

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #35

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
I use everything. That's part of the beauty of a custom build. You only get what you think you'll want or need.

Favorite features? I'd be hard pressed to name just one. I like that it's built like a tank and I don't really worry about anything breaking. If I had to pick one thing, right now I'd probably pick the solar and battery setup. Over the holiday weekend, I had to move my trailer to the storage yard and leave it unattended for 4 days. Upon return, everything was still humming along and the battery gauge was reading 100%.

My second favorite is the hull design and the heavy thermopane windows. For the first time in about 15 years of using RV's as my worksite lodgings, I can sleep thru the night without being disturbed by noises. It's like sleeping in a vault.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #36

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I'll be OK as long as I don't have to join some organization that would have me as a member.....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote