Mourning the Cute factor - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #21

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Gina-

You have brought up a point Berry & I have been debating for a while. We wondered if we ever moved up to a wide body if it will still spark that "cute charming look". Not that we are huge attention seekers either. In fact I usually try to pick the most private spot in the campground if I can. On the other hand we have met and gave tours to some really nice people in the past 5 years. Because of the unexpected tours I used to get up immediately, make the bed, sweep and give the trailer a good cleaning every morning while we were camping. (I'm kind of over that now).

You have given us something to ponder "space and bathroom vs charm and cuteness." Like someone said earlier in this post it should all boil down to if you like it or not. I don't see us moving up at a wide body any time soon unless we fall into a super good deal. If if we do get a 17ft I can't see us getting rid of the 13ft right away. We always figured we could keep the small one for short weekend trips and the 17ft for the 2 week vacations with the kids. After all the 13ft was a wedding present and means so much to us.

Gary also mentioned how big RVers kind of feel sorry for him because he can't afford a larger trailer. We get that attitue too but notice it most in those big RV type campgrounds. We have actually had RV parks turn us away because we were "too small." I always figure to each is their own and personally I think the joke is on them. I would much rather pay my monthly fuel bill rather than those big bus RV's fuel bill.

Thanks for bringing this subject up Gina.

Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cute is a relative term and strictly in the eye of the beholder. I suppose my 16' trailer would lose the cute factor if parked next to a 13 footer...but ask yourself...in the picture below...which one won the cute factor ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scamp1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7900

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #23

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
I dunno, Donna.......that IS a cute slideout.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Looks like a game of Peek-a-Boo to me.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #25

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Nice rear end, Donna.

Ellen, if you move up to a 17, I think you will find that taking it out is no more difficult, or time consuming, than the 13 is. Couple extra (And I mean a couple, really) hitch minutes for the wdh and there is no law that says you have to USE your holding tanks just because you have them.

As you may recall, I was all stressed over this when I moved up, and it really turned out to be a non issue.

I WAS the smallest trailer in the campground this weekend, and i DID get a couple "Cute" comments, so I feel better. There was a rally of Lazy Dayz motorhomes there.. they all came over for a look.

I actually had MORE room inside than them.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #26

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Quote:
Makes it look older than it really is, like a derrogotype photo...
Is derrogotype a derogatory stereotype?
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #27

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Donna,
Did you ever get any Sun in that canyon?
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #28

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
One question I have is why would you get turned away with your 13ft. if you are paying the same as everyone else to park ? We use far less electricity then those big rigs in the pics as well as not using the black water hookup. Sure beats me why you should get turned away. Donna loved the pic, those big rigs block out the sunlight too for us.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #29

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
One question I have is why would you get turned away with your 13ft. if you are paying the same as everyone else to park ?
IMHO the only reason is the snob factor! We once were turned away from a private park on the coast while driving a new 22' motorhome... had to be over 25' to get into that park... ended up heading down the road and found a great spot, so nice we stayed an extra day.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #30

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Nice rear end, Donna.
I agree, it is cute and and trim, like slim cool light beige summer slacks.

PS Can we please get a smiley face representing the SECOND warm day of earliest summer, the day after looking for those straight pressed comfy off-white pants of summer.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 AM   #31

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Cute is a relative term and strictly in the eye of the beholder. I suppose my 16' trailer would lose the cute factor if parked next to a 13 footer...but ask yourself...in the picture below...which one won the cute factor ?

Attachment 7900

Hi: "Cute is in the eye of the beer HOLDER"
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #32

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Aw shucks, Gina. The trailer is only half of the cuteness factor. (Know what I mean? Wink! Wink!, Nudge! Nudge!)
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #33

Trailer: 17 ft Burro (Dance Hall Edition ''The Casbah'')
Quote:
Aw shucks, Gina. The trailer is only half of the cuteness factor. (Know what I mean? Wink! Wink!, Nudge! Nudge!)
That's funny Steve...with the price of gas, I needed a laugh...so thanks!
Laurie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #34

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Kristen Beck Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen Beck
Quote:
My neighbore (e intended), when he saw my little rig: "Oh, well, we all have to start SOMEWHERE!"

Art

"we all have to start somewhere", what a fool!! I would love to see what he pulls and the gas bill that comes with it. Oh the arrogance of some people. With my 13 foot scamp in tow, I proudly drive with my head held high!

Kristen Beck
Medford Oregon
Kristen Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #35

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Our Burro might have been "cuter" than our 16' UHaul, but I just packed the UHaul for the Nauvoo trip. I do believe that there was more space to stow things in the Burro too. I miss the space under the sink. Or maybe it is just that we have a furnace below the closet and put the microwave inside the closet in the UHaul, unlike the Burro where we stuffed the closet full. In the Burro, I just used the space under the sink for the hand vacuum and cords. I just hope that there is still space under some seat. 'Course, some of that space under seats that we had in the Burro is taken by the hot water heater that I will enjoy for showers in the UHaul.

CindyL
Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #36

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Is derrogotype a derogatory stereotype?
So much for using Google to check word usage.
Should it be [b]Deguerotype?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #37

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
That is all we heard today "Thats so cute".
Another way to rekindle "Cute": [b]accessorize!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer_Trash.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	7945

These were a big hit during the Trailer Show.
Attached Thumbnails
Drink_Coffee.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #38

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Quote:
Should it be [b]Deguerotype?
Daguerreotype, or sometimes daguerrotype.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #39

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Cuteness is relative to the competition. If we are in a little state park with lots of tents and pop-ups around, we look pretty upscale. Last week, we spent a night just outside Memphis in an RV Park. About 90% of the rigs were gigantic, titanic, behemoth, diesel motor homes. The rest were fifth-wheels that must have had football fields inside them. Our ten-year old 21' Bigfoot looked like a little lost orphaned kitty. "Cute" (as in "We feel sorry for you in that pitiful little thing"). A couple with a pop-up cruised through, which raised our hopes of redemption. But they wisely got the hell out of there, leaving us to suffer alone. I am sure the wife of the guy with the pop-up refused to be at the bottom of the food chain. My wife Nancy used to comment on this when we had the 17' Casita parked with the Godzilla rigs. Getting a trailer four feet longer has not made a dent. Ten feet longer would still not compete. And if you don't have at least three slide-outs, you really should just not show yourself in daylight.

Gina, take your 17' and go to a high-end "RV Resort" sometime. You'll be cuter than the Gerber baby.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #40

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
Recently we went to a park with full of huge Rv's. They all sat on the hill over looking us. there were three of us too small to join them on the hill, a pop-up attached to a motorcycle, a Tab and us.... (we felt a little large beside our immediate neighbours, but they forgave us ;-)) So we stayed at the bottom of the hill.... on the LAKE....alas if we weren't careful we might have gotten our feet wet!

Jen

ps The couple in the Tab loved our Escape, they had never seen one before and just loved the size and sensible design. They had owned several trailers before - all bigger and kept moving down rather than up.

jen
Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote