Mr. Heater Buddys on sale! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Lowes is having a national sale of Mr. Heater Buddys. The heaters are half price $37.50 and the extension pipe is around $12.50. I went to 3 Lowes here in N.C. and they still had several heaters for sale. They will likely be gone soon. (For those in the Raleigh area, the Garner Lowes had about 8-9 left.)
TonyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
that is a good price! Our ACE harware wants $89 for them!! I will check with our Lowes here and see .. I think the last time I called them they had the small ones...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
excellent information on using them...! Does it have the warning on the box at all?? I will pass on one .. the little ceramic heater works good and I dont plan on boondocking....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Robert is right, thanks for the warning to those that do not know about the need for ventalation. A good item for the shop with the windows open or doors open but not for a small Fiberglass trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0378.JPG  
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 87 Scamp 13 ft
[A little ventalation goes a long way. I have used my heater for hours at a time. I also have a combo smoke / co detector. I have not used it while sleeping.]
JOE DRISSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi,

Don't mean to start anything...but...wasn't there a recall on Mr. Buddie's???? Some problem with them??

R.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #7

Randy, I think the recall had to do with the larger heaters. I have been told that recent heaters, large and small, are okay.

On the heater box it says, "designed and approved for indoor use" and "indoor safe propane heater."

It has an automatic "low oxygen" shut off system and an accidential tip-over safety shut-off.

Instructions say, "This heater can only be used in a recreational or commercial enclosure with a window or roof vent open."

I had planned to use mine on a short-term basis in my Casita with a window open. From the above posts, however, this may not be safe.

Anyone with views to the contrary please post.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #8

For a discussion about Mr. Heaters, please visit the Trailer Life forum and do a search for Mr. Heater.

http://www.trailerlife.com/
Old 02-22-2006, 01:43 AM   #9

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
I just borrowed one from a friend and used it this past weekend. I heated up the trailer to about 72 degrees at 10:30 pm at night and turned it off. We stayed warm throughout the night with a 30 degree overnight temp until about 5:30am when I woke up and fired her up again. They heat the area up quickly on the low setting. I kept the window in the back open about 1 1/2" and the fantastic fan cover open about the same when running the heater, then closed everything up to sleep. I'm going to buy one.

Chris
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
I have a brand new but not in box Dyna-Glo Portable Gas Heater – Never used other than to test after purchase. Uses 16.4oz disposable propane bottles. $20.00

Same as Heater Buddy, I can ship or take to Oregon Gathering in July!

Other Items For Sale on For Sale Thread
Attached Thumbnails
Dyna_Glo_1.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Exclamation

We went into Home Depot Last weekend 2/18 and asked about space heaters, we were looking for a new Ceramic one for our 16'FD, and the guy pointed us to a flatbed of what they had left. I could see it from halfway down they isle, and said that's mine. It was a Mr. Buddy Heater, marked down to $39.99, it said regular price $79.99. I didn't even know HD sold them. I had just seen an intrenet only, Member Only sale on them at Camping World for $95.00, and right now on RVWholesalers.com they want over $100.00. We also found a Holmes Saftey Ceramic Heater for it, marked down to $6.99.

I played with the Mr Buddy indoors in the family room with just one of the 1lb containers. It puts out a lot of heat, but only gets hot in the front. It was completely cool to the touch on the sides, top, bottom, and back. I checked out the Tip over feature and it shuts off the gas and turns it off. I think you should definately use a vent if using it inside a Travel Trailer. I don't think a 1lb container of gas could last long enough to kill you unless it was comletely sealed up and the ODS sensor wasn't working, but I still think I'll use it to heat it up before bed and heat it up in the mornings, I'd rather not sleep with it running.

We're headed West towards Yellowstone at the end of June, and I didn't realize, but the elevation is pretty high. It says the ODS doesn't work at high altitudes, because there isn't enough oxygen in the air as it is, so it will definaltely need some air circulation just to be able to run. At least I think so anyway.

Tom

Tom & Keith is offline   Reply With Quote