Murder in a Fiberglass Trailer! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #21

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
If I drive past a rest area and my significant other informs me that I should have stopped I quickly find a wide pull off and allow the services of the Casita to be used. It really helps keep peace and harmony.

And now I will have to tune in while on the road to see if CSI finds any clues or if a witness protection program was established. Waiting for "the rest of the story".
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #22

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Forgive me if I'm a little unclear on the concept here. I don't exactly understand what everyone is talking about... are other brands smaller inside than the Bigfoot? My wife and I frequently have difficulty locating one another in the trailer when we want to be together.

Here's three shots of our 17', the first is the exterior, and then two interior shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot_17.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	6087
[attachment=7615:attachm
ent]

It says the usual stuff on the outside, but there's a curious tag near the RV Mfg's Assn certification tag that says something about Tardis, Type 50... but I really don't know what that's all about.

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
grand_salon.jpg   elevators.jpg  

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to PAUL J
Roger:

I love it finally another DocKtor Who fan! We have the Casita model and I believe it is a 5th or sixth regeneration just like the good DocKtor. Oh how we miss K9 since the wife has installed the kat.

Loved your post
PAUL J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Trade the Trill in for a Bigfoot...
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #25

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
When we find our egg I think I will name it The Tardis...another devotee of The Doctor here. Don't think I will paint it blue, though.
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #26

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
....must......resist......introducing.....Electrol ux Death Ray..... into.....thread.....AAARGH!

Darn! Off topic! Gratuitous! I'm so weak!
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:43 AM   #27

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
....must......resist......introducing.....Electrol ux Death Ray..... into.....thread.....AAARGH!

Darn! Off topic! Gratuitous! I'm so weak!
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #28

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
We know of the three dimensions of wedded space;
[b]length (how long can you stand to sacrifice your personal space),
[b]width (how much of the big picture can you see),
and [b]height (how do you avoid shrinkage),

but what took place here that night entered a [b]fourth dimension, maybe even a fifth.
A trip into surreality...
...that has a vortex portal confined to the front passenger seat of our Honda. I have experienced it myself! It is truly a frightening place!

Is that why they named it: Od·ys·sey? [[b]od-uh-see]
2. (often lowercase) a long series of wanderings or adventures, esp. when filled with notable experiences, [b]hardships, etc.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #29

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Myron:
Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #30

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft ('Kermit' It's not easy being green!)
Myron, did you once write for "The Twilight Zone" series? Wow! (spooky music plays in the background....)
debbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #31

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Forgive me if I'm a little unclear on the concept here. shg.gif I don't exactly understand what everyone is talking about... are other brands smaller inside than the Bigfoot? My wife and I frequently have difficulty locating one another in the trailer when we want to be together.
"I love magic!"
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (the movie, not the book) as Harry he enters the Weasley family's rather nice camping tent at the World Quidditch Cup Championships.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #32

Trailer: Trillium 4500
SAD NEWS!
Dave will no longer be posting messages as he peacefully passed away in his sleep last night. Luckily he taught me how to run the backhoe. There was a brief service today after which I buried him in the Trillium. I need to know where I can post a new axle as he didn't get a chance to install it.
Dave's loving wife Bonnie.

PS. Any tips on how to make coffee?
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #33

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
SAD NEWS!
Dave will no longer be posting messages as he peacefully passed away in his sleep last night. Luckily he taught me how to run the backhoe. There was a brief service today after which I buried him in the Trillium. I need to know where I can post a new axle as he didn't get a chance to install it.
Dave's loving wife Bonnie.

PS. Any tips on how to make coffee?

Excuse me, is Brutus really your location, or is it your name?

Single Cory
(who is really interested in your ways to get a little separateness, as
when she travels with someone she needs ONE HOUR apart from him or her each day)
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #34

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I'm a single traveler, so I can only estimate how long I would be able to stand a "sharer" (other than my dogs who are, of course, perfect). I'm gonna guess on the high side and say about twenty minutes. If they were agreeable, that is. Somewhat less for grumps and scolds.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #35

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Serious Response:
The only time we found it problematic was the time we were trapped in the trailer due to rain. Why were we dim enough to just sit there instead of going out to see a movie or something? I DON'T KNOW!

Not so serious response:
That's one of the advantages of the older eggs with ensolite. It (along with the fiberglass) cleans up real nice. A little bleach or Tilex on the occasional blood spot (or puddle) and it's good as new!

Cabin fever has hit the group I think...

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #36

Trailer: Boler 1984
Don't know how I missed this thread before.
A few years ago we made a cross country trip driving a Honda Civic and carried a tent for shelter. Other than a week when we stayed in a cabin in the Gulf islands, we used that tent all but two nights out of eight weeks. Elbow to elbow in the car and hip to hip in a tent you learn real fast that you just have to keep quiet sometimes. After that trip we decided that we liked each others company well enough to make it for another 35 years.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #37

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I probably would be pulling out someones hair when they are in my space! LOL Even in the 5er it can get closerphobic with just me and the dogs... I usually read a book or take DVD's with me to watch if the weather isnt cooperating... I have pretty well hit the weather right when I have gone. so not to many 'wet' long times to be cooped up...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #38

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I think I'm a pretty lucky guy along these lines. Anne and myself have worked together, been together 24 hours a day for 10 years. (been together a lot longer than that). The most important thing to both of us is being together. A lot of that has to with trust.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #39

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I travel without hubby. He and I would kill each other in a matter of minutes if not sooner. Mr Grump and I just don't see eye to eye, and the urge to kill could really be manifested in that little camper. Now, the dogs and I could do it for a LONG time together.
I hate traveling alone. But would hate it worse if stuck in a camper in the rain with my Grump by my side.
You that have partners that actually have a smile on their face are soooooo lucky. Enjoy those treasured moments :-)

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #40

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I travel without hubby. He and I would kill each other in a matter of minutes if not sooner. Mr Grump and I just don't see eye to eye, and the urge to kill could really be manifested in that little camper. Now, the dogs and I could do it for a LONG time together.
I hate traveling alone. But would hate it worse if stuck in a camper in the rain with my Grump by my side.
You that have partners that actually have a smile on their face are soooooo lucky. Enjoy those treasured moments :-)
I had one of those "hard to live with" partners. I traded that one in for something much much better.