Murder in a Fiberglass Trailer! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
My loving wife told me about a fantasy she had when we were spending to much time together in close quarters. I was sleeping peacefully next to her(maybe a slight snore) and she picks up a pillow. She gently eases the pillow over my face and presses down. I may jerk and twitch a bit, but nothing really upsetting for her. Afterwards, she puts the pillow back under her head and then drifts back to sleep.
I ask my wife if she regetted killing me. She expessed remorse that she had to make the coffee in the mourning.
We've only been on long weekend trips so far. The Trill is our first trailer and Bonnie is concerned that her dream will come back if we take to long of a trip. What are the limits other people have for traveling in our pettite trailers? I don't want to wake up dead again.
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
make the coffee in the mourning.
Worry not! That's a profound typo.. she REALLY doesn't want to do it!

I am a solo traveler, and can offer no practical help in living with humans in such closed space for long periods of time. The most company I have had to deal with is the occasional overnite of a friend.

I would imagine an awning or screen room, to expand the living space and increase the escape potential would be helpful.

But don't listen to me, My dogs own the trailer, I do what they allow.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
If you see her eying the coffee makers with the built in timers...
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Maybe you should get two trailers so you have separate bedrooms.

Or you can drop your wife off at a nice spa for a night if she gets that fantasy again.
Sue S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #5

Registry
Quote:
...Or you can drop your wife off at a nice spa for a night if she gets that fantasy again.
Wait a minute! She fantasizes murder and gets a day at the spa? I'm not sure it's wise to reinforce this sort of behavior

Perhaps he should tatoo open eyes on his eyelids and take to practicing his snoring while awake to make it harder to tell if he's sleeping.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #6

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
Wait a minute! She fantasizes murder and gets a day at the spa? I'm not sure it's wise to reinforce this sort of behavior

Perhaps he should tatoo open eyes on his eyelids and take to practicing his snoring while awake to make it harder to tell if he's sleeping.
(Laughing at Steve's coffee-maker comment)

I've been camping for 8 days with my 6'3 husband and two toddlers in the trailer, and we didn't drive each other crazy at all (well- our kids drove us crazy, but that's nothing new). I could camp for an entire summer-straight in our trailer and plan to do a LOT of camping this summer. My husband- he does not share that enthusiasm, however. He probably could manage two weeks, and then he'd start to go nuts. But he feels that way about camping in general...I guess his days in the army were enough "rugged" for him.

We're all pretty used to tight quarters, though; our house is only 1200 sq feet- three bedrooms and one bath.
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think it depends upon what kind of camper's you are. My trailer is used for sleeping, changing my clothes, bathroom breaks and SOMETIMES fixing food and eating inside. All the rest of the time, I'm OUTSIDE...how much bigger of an area does one need than the great outdoors. I bought the most comfortable lawn chair in the world (Lafuma), good enough for loooong naps outside, reading, etc. I'm very sorry to see the sun go down, because that means I have to leave nature at the door.

I'm not sure the problem is the size of the trailer, it may be that all the tools, etc. for puttering around the house are there. For some people it's hard to entertain themselves and when they're bored the "walls" close in.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
Oh no .... another crime drama in the making!

"CSI: Special EGG Unit"

"Crime and Camping"

"Murder on the Fiberglass Eggpress"

Okay, I'll go to my room now in this freezing, frosted state of Texas! Just think I complained that it was a tad too warm when it reached 108 this past summer! Wish I had it back now!

Patty
Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wellllll, during our first "snowbird" adventure last winter, we spent 7 months on the road in our Scamp 13 and had a ball. As Donna D stated, most of our time is spent outside, walking, exploring, reading or napping in the sun. It IS a given that you need to be 'pretty good friends' for this to work harmoniously. In fact, we enjoyed that time together so much, we've sold our 'stick house' and are on the road in the aforementioned Scamp - WUNNERFUL!

Patty - we are currently sitting out the icy TX roads at Goliad State Park. It is a great area and we are comfie in the Egg, thanx to a good little heater, WiFi on the laptop and several good books.

Stay warm & safe, everyone. Hope our camping paths cross in the future.
Regards, L 'n D
Old 01-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We are heading out for seven weeks on the road. We will stop by our house for four days to change inventory and wash clothes after 4 weeks before heading north. It helps to be good friends and plan outside activities on long trips.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #11

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Not sure if this really counts..., but we've spent the past 10 months using "Nuestra Casita" as our bedroom (major remodel of house) or camping on a 4500 mile trip. I'm now getting itchy feet to do some travelling again. We are still best friends and still love one another, probably because we have the relief of the trailer.
Contractors who don't communicate or peform according to schedule have become quite a pain in the posterior, to say nothing of delaying camping.
Learning patience is just not a pleasant experience
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 PM   #12

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
[b]What are the limits other people have for traveling in our pettite trailers? I don't want to wake up dead again.

Quote:
A coward dies a thousand times, a brave man dies but once.

I "die" at least once on each cross country trip. I tend to drag Robert on "adventures" to the other coast. His tolerance for my stupidity is about 48 hours...
When starting from San Diego, that usually makes Tucumcari my Waterloo... Sometimes the magestic desert thunderstorms of New Mexico are no match for what's brewing inside the car!

Actually, It's not the confines of the Trailer that does it... Twelve hours per day behind the wheel take a toll. It's a minimum of 6 days from San Diego to Syracuse.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #13

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
It was a dark and stormy night in the Burro. She slowly sharpened her favorite steak knife, eyes narrowed, knuckles turning white. Two people boondocking up in Maine, away from the rocky coast, inland where only the locals mainly camped, away from that “city” crowd, about to enter the twilight zone. Whitecaps topped the bleak gray waters of the lake beyond the trees.

Yes, she thought, the grounds were deserted now. Winters cruel winds swirled in between the pines. Maine was bracing for the dark months when your skin shrivels, tightens and dries and cracks, and your nose hairs snap off. Meanwhile, M. cooked the puny steaks and sensed a tension. Was it the converter? Why he remained blissfully unaware of N.’s hatred of camping that fateful weekend in October, in that cramped little plastic cup of a trailer with no head room, and no leg room, no closet space and that dumb plastic potty thing that leaked, is hard to imagine. He knew of her temper. He should have known trouble was brewing when he failed to pull in, as asked, to the rest stop on the interstate earlier that day. Big mistake.

Now it was time. How could he know her diabolical plan? Then, a big flash of lightning was followed by a loud ca-rackk and Ka-Krooommb!

The last supper was served.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #14

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Are you going to leave us hanging like a wet windsock at a rural airstrip? Not fair, Myron.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe 1995

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1827__Medium_.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	6065
We took a 22 day trip to a warmer place, it was great until the cold front moved in. When you can't be outside for several days in a row, it gets hard. We stayed in rv parks when it was cold so we could have wifi, laundry,cable tv and a nice shower. Cold, windy days were good to take nice long sight seeing drives. On warmer days we parked on the beach and boondocked. MUCH BETTER
Marla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #16

Thankyou all for your great replies. Bonnie and I enjoyed them very much. Hearing how others are traveling makes the prospect seem less daunting. She may chime in soon.
Dave
Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #17

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Quote:
Thankyou all for your great replies. Bonnie and I enjoyed them very much. Hearing how others are traveling makes the prospect seem less daunting. She may chime in soon.
Dave
Maybe it's that Larry and I have never lived in anything with more than 750 sq ft. but we seem to get along very well in our 13 ft scamp.... Just wish we had more free time to spend with it
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #18

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
“I asked you to stop at that rest stop!”

He had been in a trance the last 50 miles or so, listening to “Asleep at the Wheel” on the CD player in the Ford. Deep into “Take me back to Tulsa,” M. missed the turnoff to the Big Boy. “Oh,” he said, snapping out of it, but that wouldn’t be an answer good enough for her on this particular trip. Enough was enough, she thought.

“M,” she said, tersely pausing at each syllable of his name between clenched teeth, “I really needed that stop. What’s the matter with you?”

“Ok, ok, next one.” And he turned the volume back up. Very big mistake.

Onions were ready, fry pan sizzling, Merlot (Sutter Home) at the ready, his back was turned to her as he bent over the stove in the Burro preparing his specialty, steak el Diablo de crucifixion. How appropriate. They had been on the road in Maine for only three days but it had not been a perfect trip. The Burro was pulling well and though at 16 mpg the ’92 Explorer’s mileage sucked he found it fun to drive, roomy, comfy, paid for. That’s all he cared about. Well, M. was happy enough, for he enjoyed any outing, proud of his trailer restoration, but she had reached her limits, a tipping point, the edge, Def-con 6, code Red. He didn’t know it but she was in pain. She wanted out.

But he had driven past that last rest stop without stopping. In hindsight, woe be to them who ignore the signs.

Now was her time for revenge. We know of the three dimensions of wedded space; length (how long can you stand to sacrifice your personal space), width (how much of the big picture can you see), and height (how do you avoid shrinkage), but what took place here that night entered a fourth dimension, maybe even a fifth. A trip into surreality, where time melts and bends and your brain feels like exploding, then re-assembles, and explodes again. Yes it hurts. As mentioned earlier, it was a dark and stormy night. It all happened so quickly piecing together the events will be difficult, nee impossible, but we can speculate. Clearly, marital wrath is inscrutable, if not nuclear. Has not every man felt this? A lucky few may avoid it. But just you wait.

First, there were the black, elongated scorch marks where the Burro had been, and the broken tree branches above, all strangely turned upward to the sky. Lightning could have struck, but would that explain the branches? Then there was the residue of sulfur and saltpeter, and an odd yellow-green slime. Bark on nearby maple trees seemed flattened, withered by sound. Whatever explosion had taken place there was clearly feminine, curdled, but bloodless, no doubt far too loud to record, impossible to explain, and besides, where was the Burro? They never found it. Everything gone? Everything.

Later a local reported hearing a big splash in the lake, about 8 or 9 Pm on the last day anyone had seen Burro or its owner. They began the dredging, but so far, nothing.

More Merlot?
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #19

Registry
Following Horace Rumpole's lead, I soon discovered that my significant other had a secret name: She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I also quickly discovered that she had a last name: Cheerfully.

SWMBO Cheerfully.

Curiously, as I decided to move on, it was in fact, cheerfully.

Chateau Thames Embankment anyone?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #20

Myron,
You are the father of a new genre.... Fiber Noir