Murders in Orlando this morning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Murders in Orlando this morning

The NBC news tonight twice showed a manufacturing building with the name Fiamma on it, and said the the company where the murders took place made RV products. Could this be the same place Parkliner bought their awnings from? From what I remember, that was the company's name that made the awnings.

Much sympathy to those murdered and their families. What a horror story.

Frank

Edit. Sure enough, here's the CNN story: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/us/orl...ies/index.html
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Fiamma makes a lot of the awning products and other RV accessories as well including some really nice bike racks. They are a European based firm and do the bulk of their business in Europe but a while back they opened a USA base of operations in Florida. They do make great products that are well designed and crafted.

Carefree of Colorado has over the years has purchased (imported) a lot of the awnings they sell from Fiamma but then rebrands them with their own names. Their add-a-rooms are made by Fiamma.

I am sorry to see that they have this horrific incident. No one should have to suffer from that kind of violence especially when has lead to having children who have already lost their mother also lose their father.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #3

Name: Wendy
Trailer: ‘14 Casita 17 SD
Florida
I've Been There...

This is the first I've heard of the Fiamma deaths as I'm on the road with minimal internet service. I just wanted to add that I had wind damage to my Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe awning in 2016, so while in Florida last year, I ran by the Orlando Fiamma facility to pick up parts. The people there could not have been nicer or more helpful!

The kindness of the Fiamma workers to me on a moment's notice makes this tragedy all the more horrible. While Fiamma may serve many RV brands, I feel like this was a death in the Casita community.

May they rest in peace.
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote