Museums Stops - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #21

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
The Heritage Museums in the Canadian prairie Provinces are awesome. Each is made up of a collection of buildings filled with artifacts from the past. ..
Yes, the Western Development Museum. Western Development Museum - Home.

The one in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan is focused on "History of Transportation". It includes many inventor or pioneer vehicles like an Air-Snow sled. (think swamp boat but for snow.). As well as early electric cars, trollies, trains etc.

It also contains a custom built travel trailer made post WW2, circa 1946. Using aircraft aluminum for the exterior and skills developed during the war. The interior was salvaged from bombed houses in England combined with skills as a furniture maker. This trailer was built by my grandfather and I had the pleasure of camping in it as a child.

Sadly, I have no pictures but if anyone else does please post!
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #22

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Yes, the Western Development Museum. Western Development Museum - Home.
It also contains a custom built travel trailer made post WW2, circa 1946...
Sadly, I have no pictures but if anyone else does please post!
I tracked down the museum and they took some pics. New thread for those interested.http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...iew-55815.html
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #23

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
don't forget about the spam museum in minn. about an hour south of the twin cities
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #24

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Is that where all the spam emails go?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #25

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
You can spend a whole day at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI. And, next door is Greenfield Village, with Thomas Edison's Lab, the Wright Bros bicycle shop, Firestone's home, a steam powered train and Model T rides plus many other historical homes from that era.
And every couple of years they change the Henry Ford Museum, and Greenfield Village have renactments, Civil War and the like through out the year
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #26

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Is that where all the spam emails go?
I ate alot of Spam.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If you're a classic car lover and had once toured the Harrah Car Collection... I'm talking the old one... not the new one, you'll love the LeMay Museum located in Tacoma, Washington.

Sweeeet!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #28

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
If you are interested in race cars the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum in Indianapolis is a must see. While you're there, you can take a bus tour around the famed oval.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000982.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	53828

Hall of Fame Museum - Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Spanke
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #29

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
don't forget about the spam museum in minn. about an hour south of the twin cities
this is a really good tour, my wife and i both enjoyed it, don't miss the spam-o-rama diner across the street in Austin, MN
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #30

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
another tour I would recommend if anyone is near frankfut germany is http://speyer.technik-museum.de/en We really enjoyed it, unfortunately we were a month too early to catch the russian space shuttle Buran. (looks like Discovery)
Also Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Museum 347 Greenwich Street, Brantford Ontario

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #31

Name: Gail & Tom O
Trailer: Eggcamper 2010
Maryland
I would recommend the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art in Salisbury, MD. It is especially good if you are interested in wild birds and decoys and woodcarving.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #32

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I enjoyed the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn mentioned in prior post. And have heard good things about the submarine / coast guard museum in Muskegon Mi.

Tour the Silversides Submarine, Coast Guard Cutter Mclane, and the USS SILVERSIDES Submarine Museum - school and scout groups - muskegon museums
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #33

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Someone above mentioned the High Desert Museum outside Bend, Oregon and I'd second that one for sure. Also the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum outside of Tucson, which is fabulous. Plan on spending a whole day there. The Astoria Maritime Museum is Astoria, Oregon is very well done, as is the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center near Baker City, Oregon. And if you're in Seattle, don't miss Boeing's Museum of Flight!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #34

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Santa Fe, New Mexico has many Museums. All pretty neat, Museum of Indian Arts and Culture is one & the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum is another.

Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, a Unesco World Heritage Site located in Alberta, Canada near Fort Macleod has a neat museum plus the open air site.

The New Mexico Museum of Space History in Alamogordo was neat when visited some years ago.

In Las Cruces: NM Farm & Ranch Museum and on the NMSU campus, the Zuhl Museum is the home of the Zuhl Collection containing over 1,800 beautiful specimens of petrified wood, fossils and minerals.

The Getty Center in Los Angeles presents the Getty's collection of European and American art from the Middle Ages to the present against a backdrop of dramatic architecture, tranquil gardens, and breathtaking views.

The Getty Villa in Malibu is an educational center and museum dedicated to the study of the arts and cultures of ancient Greece, Rome, and Etruria.

The Norton Simon Museum is another really great museum to see in the Los Angles area in Pasadena. It's a great smaller art museum with the most significant collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art in Southern California. Reflections of modern life captured by Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir and Edgar Degas, who alone is represented by over one hundred works of art, are displayed alongside the vibrant palettes of Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne and Paul Gauguin. Complementing these works are Auguste Rodin’s monumental bronze sculptures, which are displayed in the Museum’s front garden. Paintings by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres and Francisco de Goya mark the beginning of the 19th century and lead to superb examples of mid-century Realism executed by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, Gustave Courbet and Édouard Manet. Outstanding paintings by Édouard Vuillard and Pierre Bonnard carry us right to the doorstep of 20th-century Modernism. A must see!

Also neat: Los Angeles County Art Museum and Page Museum - La Brea Tar Pits.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote