My 2021 calendar pictures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2020, 10:35 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
My 2021 calendar pictures

It was a struggle to find 14 pictures for a 2021 calendar. After 3829 miles in early September 2020, there were lots of phone, drone, and camera pictures, along with dash cam video, but most were filled with smoke and visibility was limited. In addition, my lungs did not handle the heavy smoke well and I cut the trip short. I have now however been to all 48 of the continental US (CONUS) states.
I deleted the 2019 calendar pictures, the 2020 remain, and I added 2021 pictures, the modification pictures remain. If I did it correctly this time, they are at; https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...32-albums.html
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Pompeys Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
It was a struggle to find 14 pictures for a 2021 calendar. After 3829 miles in early September 2020, there were lots of phone, drone, and camera pictures, along with dash cam video, but most were filled with smoke and visibility was limited. In addition, my lungs did not handle the heavy smoke well and I cut the trip short. I have now however been to all 48 of the continental US (CONUS) states.
I deleted the 2019 calendar pictures, the 2020 remain, and I added 2021 pictures, the modification pictures remain. If I did it correctly this time, they are at; https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...32-albums.html
-------------------------------------------------------

Ken, I really like your photos and calendar, especially the Pompey's Pillar. Pompey was the baby born to Sacajewa on the Lewis and Clark expedition. Unbelievably, you weren't too far from his grave , since he traveled the world and lived with royalty in Europe. I sometimes stop at his grave on the Winnemucca-Idaho road where Nevada, Oregon and Idaho meet. Jean-Baptiste Carbonneau became a Student and traveler in Europe, a Mountain Man, and later an Alcalde in Mexican California. He died when traveling as an adult and was buried on a ranch in E Oregon. I'll try to find my photos of the grave, possibly with my Scamp next to it. David in Fresno and Sonora, CA .
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:34 AM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Looks like 2020 was an epic RV journey for you! I live in the West, specifically the San Francisco Bay Area, our son is in Seattle, Washington and his best friend lives in Boise, Idaho. We've all had more than our share of wild and urban fires!!! This is a prolonged drought that we hope will end soon. We've had a bit of rain so far, but not enough.

Between the weather, the pandemic and politics (AND the difficulty of getting camping reservations) we just decided to stay home this year. We certainly miss our RV outings. I enjoyed living vicariously through your 2021 calendar. I love the vantage point that your drone gives you in your photos. I like the way you include some historical background to the sites you visited. I also noted the Ham radio outings. How lucky are the people to whom you will send this calendar and what a great way for you to savor your trips throughout the year! Thanks for sharing.

You say you've visited 48 of our 50 states. Do I assume Alaska and Hawaii are missing? It may be out of your budget to ship your Scamp and TV to and from Hawaii but you can still camp there by renting an RV. Our RV trip to Alaska was via airplane and RV rental because we did not want to put too much wear and tear on the Scamp and TV. (During a "quick trip" between S.F. and Seattle, we had to replace 7 tires (the 2 trailer tires and spare as well as all four on the four-wheel drive, sigh). Who knows what we would face on a drive from SF to Anchorage and back! While we missed our sweet Scamp we had a great time RVing in Alaska.

May 2021 provide lots more, smokeless, camping experiences!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Wow, great photos!
Thanks for sharing. You certainly put up with a lot of smoke.
Interesting journey~

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #5

Name: Diane
Trailer: Scamp 13’
Wisconsin
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. I’m hoping to see many of these wonderful places myself in 2021.
sunnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 05:17 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Registry
Pompey's grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
-------------------------------------------------------

Ken, I really like your photos and calendar, especially the Pompey's Pillar. Pompey was the baby born to Sacajewa on the Lewis and Clark expedition. Unbelievably, you weren't too far from his grave . .
TNX I did not know about it. But now I do.
42.951971, -117.339236 (I think)
Old 09-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #7

Wisconsin
Registry
My Scamp calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
If I did it correctly this time, they are at; https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...32-albums.html
Each year of my Scamp ownership has been capped off by producing a calendar of my travels for friends and family. I have just started to THINK about my calendar for 2023, but I went back to look at the last five and decided for "posterity" to make slide show videos of them. The slide shows are at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvI...gTmUzTg/videos