My knee is fixed, and we can camp again soon. - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-16-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
My knee is fixed, and we can camp again soon.

Some of you know that we had to leave Roy's Fish Fry early and canceled on the 4B's and Eggs a la Bourbon due to a torn meniscus. Good thing we did. My knee threw a fit a couple of days ago, and I could not stand. I would have had to drink all the bourbon if we had been at Eggs a la Bourbon to cover the pain.

It took the doctor only half an hour this morning to tuck the folded meniscus back where it belonged and trim off the loose tissue. I don't even have to use crutches. I felt better walking out of the surgery center than walking in.

We were not sure I would be ready but we went ahead and scheduled a campsite for July 4 at Mississippi River Palisades State Park, so we can attend a family reunion back home. Now, since I should be fine, we can see some of those aunts and uncles and Mom who are getting up there. Kevin will have to take off the cover that he put on the Silver Cloud. So depressing! Soon, we should be back riding bikes, canoeing, and hopping in the hot tub. I told the doc that he gave me back my summer.

Hope to see you at rallies yet this year and then not have to cancel next year.

CindyL

PS: If you use plastic yoga steps as steps for exiting your camper, use a rubber rug under it. Ours slid out from under me on the asphalt when I was exiting the Silver Cloud, and I hooked my foot on the door frame as I fell. I broke 2 bones in my foot, broke my leg, tore this meniscus, and broke 2 teeth.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #2

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
I have had this surgey 3 times now. All I can say is dont push your recovery too fast. I was surprised with the last 2 how long it took. Glad you are feeling better.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Great news.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #4

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery. Maybe next time we see you we can run a foot race? =)
Old 06-17-2021, 04:23 AM   #5

Illinois
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery. Maybe next time we see you we can run a foot race? =)
Probably not, but maybe bike together.

Cindy
Old 06-19-2021, 09:48 AM   #6

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Thumbs up Get Well QUICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Cindy,

GREAT NEWS!!! Glad to hear that everything went well.

Yes, we missed you & Kevin at 4B’s and Eggs a la Bourbon. Also missed you at Pink Elephant and Roy’s Fish Fry since you were (more or less) in “hermit mode”.

Any plans for Algonac, Ohio Fall Gathering, Thomson, Cumberland River, Brown County, Davy Crockett or Hungry Mother?

I’m not sure about Bryan’s footrace challenge. Or is he thinking about just cheering Beth on?
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #7

Illinois
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
Cindy,

GREAT NEWS!!! Glad to hear that everything went well.

Yes, we missed you & Kevin at 4B’s and Eggs a la Bourbon. Also missed you at Pink Elephant and Roy’s Fish Fry since you were (more or less) in “hermit mode”.

Any plans for Algonac, Ohio Fall Gathering, Thomson, Cumberland River, Brown County, Davy Crockett or Hungry Mother?

I’m not sure about Bryan’s footrace challenge. Or is he thinking about just cheering Beth on?
Yes, we plan to be at Algonac and Niagra, if the border opens. We will also be at Thomson and Brown County. I don't even recognize the rest other than Hungry Mother.
Since our August trip to Nova Scotia is likely to be postponed until next year, we booked a July trip to Door County too. It will be refreshing to see our Silver Cloud uncovered. Since we had to cancel those other rallies, Kevin polished it and then covered it, so the sun did not beat on it.

I am walking a bit now. We just came back from the Farmer's Market, because I am getting bored from short walks up the block. No bike yet - I tried the exercise bike last night, and I am not ready. I also can't go in the hot tub until the dr. gives me the go-ahead on July 1. And no canoeing or kayaking either.

CindyL
Old 06-24-2021, 12:56 AM   #8

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp 16ft
Alabama
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:34 AM   #9

Illinois
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell in Al View Post
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thank you. It is healing fast. We booked a few days in a state park, so we could attend a family reunion on July 4 and another week in Door County in July. I expected to be on crutches for 8 weeks and then months of physical therapy, but no crutches needed, and I am going to try my ebike tomorrow. I have been using the exercise bike fine. We are both amazed.

CindyL