My Oliver is sold - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
My Oliver is sold

I sold my Oliver to another forum member shortly after I posted about "thinking about selling it". Hopefully he enjoys it as much as I did. I've also gotten several calls as the factory "heard" I was selling and had pointed folks in my direction. All were very nice, and really want an Oliver, as the price of a new one is a bitter pill to swallow for many.

So I guess that is it for me on the forum. Good luck to all and enjoy your travels.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #2

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
Congrats on the new Winnebago! That is NICE! Safe travels to you my friend.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Oliver
North Carolina
Sense of loss

Ron,

Somehow I have a profound sense of loss at this news. While you were not the only reason I bought an Ollie, you certainly helped me a great deal in coming to that decision. Your You-Tube video answered so many questions and I would be a bit embarrassed to tell you just how many times I have taken a look at it.

Once I pick "Twist" up in a couple of weeks I doubt that there will be many times that I don't think of you while enjoying camping and traveling this great country of ours.

Good luck to you and thanks for all your help!

Bill
topgun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Thanks for the kind words Bill. I'm still a big fan of the Oliver and will be leaving my video up for those interested. I just needed a bigger trailer for my work. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #5

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
nice
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #6

Name: Warren
Trailer: Oliver
New Hampshire
Hi Ron,

Like Bill, the YouTube video you prepared had a major influence over my desire to purchase an Elite II. Prior to viewing your video, I had become immersed in the Airstream approach to RVing. It was not a good fit for what I needed, however, I did not know Oliver existed at the time.

Your approach spoke to me as one owner speaking to a potential owner. It allowed me to clear my head of all the marketing approach used to sell vista view windows, ultra-leather and rivets. Your style of communication enabled me to focus on the how, where, when and why I camp. At that point, the answer was clear.

It is true Grayson and Ann in CT did a superb job permitting me to tour their Elite II, however in retrospect, I was 99% ready to buy an Ollie prior to the tour.

For the buyer like myself who lives in an area of the country where you just do not see any Oliver Travel Trailers, your video is invaluable.

"Big Thank You", Ron and I wish you the very best on your future journey.

Buzzy

P.S. Thank you for keeping the YouTube video active, I suspect I will view it another 20 times! LOL!
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver