My Only Gripe with the Oliver LEII - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
For me it’s the little things . Oliver uses marine grade hinges & fasteners , others use hardware store Chinese junk so hinges and fasteners rust or break in a short period of time . I’ve had to dig out screws because the heads rusted off

Oliver uses an Aluminum frame while other use a lightweight steel frame coated with a coat of spray paint . I’ve spent days sanding , scraping , priming and painting my trailer frame because of rust

Oliver’s cabinet hinges / cabinet latches are a quality product , others again use cheap hardware store grade . We’ve found cabinet door lying on the floor because the hinges broke .

ETC ETC ETC

I realize that 5 cents here and 5 cents there adds up but for me if there going to cut corners there has to be better places to cut
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #42

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
i too nice

steve I too notice all the rust I am going to have to do sanding and repainting this year I hate the thought of it.

to me the stark white of the Oliver can be overcome with a little decorating but some may like it just the way it is. probably me.

carry on

bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
For me it’s the little things . Oliver uses marine grade hinges & fasteners , others use hardware store Chinese junk so hinges and fasteners rust or break in a short period of time . I’ve had to dig out screws because the heads rusted off

Oliver uses an Aluminum frame while other use a lightweight steel frame coated with a coat of spray paint . I’ve spent days sanding , scraping , priming and painting my trailer frame because of rust

Oliver’s cabinet hinges / cabinet latches are a quality product , others again use cheap hardware store grade . We’ve found cabinet door lying on the floor because the hinges broke .

ETC ETC ETC

I realize that 5 cents here and 5 cents there adds up but for me if there going to cut corners there has to be better places to cut
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver