My pick: Escape trailer - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #61

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
They do kinda both look like the Boler.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #62

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
It is my understanding that Escape, Outback/Trillium, and TrilliumRV all have their roots with the original Markham Ontario Trillium. As Francesca's picture shows, the similarity is obvious.
Also obvious is that some changes have occurred. Trillium never made a 19' trailer.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
From Tammy at Escape:

The 15 foot Escape mold was created from the 17 foot Escape. Measuring of a trailer is different in Canada than the US so our measurements do not include the hitch as someone mentioned. If you look closely at our shells you will note there are several difference between the Escape and Trillium. However, if you start comparing the Escape to the Triple E, and Surfside you will also see similarities. We researched several of the fibreglass trailer that had been manufactured over the years and incorporated their strengths into our 17' trailer when it was first introduced and designed.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #64
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhva View Post
As of today, Casita has 8 Spirit Deluxe's in stock. Not sure how many 16' vs 17's though.

For me, the Escape 17B has a leg up on layout. Having the sleeping arrangements separated is a stronger design for my needs. But it's also $5000 more. Tough call!
Some of that $5000 is Canadian manufacture and some is the Escape including as standard what Casita sells as option. Compare apples to apples. Also I would call the companies and arrange to visit with an owner. Look before you leap. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #65

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 19
California
I came very close to buying a used 17' Casita, only to have a faster buyer beat me to the seller, literally as I was driving to him! They sell very quickly in the second-hand market. I now consider it a blessing to have missed the opportunity, since I then discovered the Escape and started comparing what was important to me. I liked that the Escape has a window in the front, and that there is no carpet on the walls. And I liked what I heard about the customization available from the person who showed me his Escape 17. I considered one of the used Escapes that that the factory will show for people, but it wasn't quite what I wanted, either. Yes, I winced a little at the price compared to a new Casita, but considering how much input I was able to provide to "have it my way", it seemed the better way to go for me. To get this much personal attention from a company building you a major investment is a rarity anymore.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #66

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Even $80,000 Airstreams will not change anything for the customer, but Escape will and does make changes.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #67

Name: Theron
Trailer: Looking!
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
I came very close to buying a used 17' Casita, only to have a faster buyer beat me to the seller, literally as I was driving to him! They sell very quickly in the second-hand market. I now consider it a blessing to have missed the opportunity, since I then discovered the Escape and started comparing what was important to me. I liked that the Escape has a window in the front, and that there is no carpet on the walls. And I liked what I heard about the customization available from the person who showed me his Escape 17. I considered one of the used Escapes that that the factory will show for people, but it wasn't quite what I wanted, either. Yes, I winced a little at the price compared to a new Casita, but considering how much input I was able to provide to "have it my way", it seemed the better way to go for me. To get this much personal attention from a company building you a major investment is a rarity anymore.

The front window on the Escape is a great feature! And I agree over all that the Escape is a better trailer, from a web browsing perspective.

But at nearly 1/3 more in cost is something to still consider.
tjhva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #68
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Just to add to the chaos, have you looked at the Parkliner?

ParkLiner Fiberglass Ultralight Travel Trailers -
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #69

Name: Theron
Trailer: Looking!
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Just to add to the chaos, have you looked at the Parkliner?

ParkLiner Fiberglass Ultralight Travel Trailers -
Ha! I'm still standing by the Escape for the best sleeping situation for 2 friends. But you're right, those are worth looking at for folks too.

The amazing thing about researching this industry is it seems like no one invests in a killer website or photography.
tjhva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #70

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Last time I looked, the casita has a bathtubbed in wood floor. The escape wood floor sits up on pontoons. Any undetected Casita water leaks that move down the interior wall behind the insulation gets trapped with the wood at the bottom. Reace designed his floor for water to drain via weep holes. You can search "spongy" floor on casita forums to read more if that one design point is important to you.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #71

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I've had 6 new trailers in 3 years and found issues in everyone, when I ordered my Escape I addressed all these issues and they were resolved by Escape, it is by far the best and my last trailer. So get the best now, if not, you will always strive for it later!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #72

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
"check this out I think there is one near you . lighter weight and less expensive HOME and this Small Travel Trailer: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites two links home and small t.t."

seems unnecessarily restricted at the front. I think this is based on the idea that if you taper the front there will be less wind-resistance.
But look at any aircraft. They are fat at the front and taper to the rear to reduce drag.
This trailer will afford better mileage if you drive in reverse.
How fast do you drive when you drive in reverse?The head room far forard as you can walk is 6ft,3 in . I guess that is restricted lf you are 7 ft tall,
i see what you mean I guess I should have gotten a brick scense they have better wind-resistance. than any aircraft .
Attached Thumbnails
M50Bounder2.jpg   baron-2-E-55.jpg  

BelgianF16Landing.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #73

Snoozy is almost 8 feet wide. I think the reduced drag is a smart design since the trailer sides will grab some of that wind resistance behind a V6 size vehicles. I'm sure we all know how fun driving hours in a crosswind can be too. That would be another positive point to ponder depending on what part of the country you usually travel in.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #74

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post

Something tells me we're about to veer off course into a knockdown dragout over Snoozydynamics....

Francesca
No...really?

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #75

lol I remember that thread. I don't dare say the aero word
Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #76

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
From my own experience I can tell you that rounded definitely reduces drak. Here's the story. At one time we had a near 30 foot Holiday Rambler trailer. Extremely built & heavy. At the same time we had a 22 ft Summit that weighed about 2500# less than the H.R.The summit had a nearly upright front, the corners were sharp, and the propane bottles were on the tongue. By contrast, the Rambler had rounded corners, more of a slant to the front, propane bottles contained within the body of the trailer, and the Rambler had a fully enclosed underbody. Towing both with the same truck and at the same speeds, I got better mpg with the Rambler. Now have a Kodiak , 31 ft, with a upsloping rounded front and average 11mpg plus or minus with a Chevy 5.3 liter V8 which is only marginally lower than I got with the Rambler towed with a Dodge diesel. We also tow our Egg Camper with the same Chevy and regularly get 15 mpg with sometimes 17 mpg. Granted the Egg C. is much lighter but it is what it is.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #77

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
How fast do you drive when you drive in reverse?The head room far forard as you can walk is 6ft,3 in . I guess that is restricted lf you are 7 ft tall,
i see what you mean I guess I should have gotten a brick scense they have better wind-resistance. than any aircraft .
OK, clearly having an aerodynamic front is not with out merit, but it is my understanding, (not being an expert) that air will pile up in a fairly smooth pressure gradient on the front. Thus providing a similar benefit to a pointy front. The back of the trailer is a totally different story. The vacuum in the wake of the trailer is greatly affected by how smoothly the air travels over, and off, the back of the trailer. A tapering rear allows the air to slip off the back with out all the turbulence that a blunt back would cause. Thus the pressure difference between the front and the back of the trailer is not so large.
I have no dog in this fight, my Trilliums are all quite blunt on the back, and the front.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #78

Registry
It really does not matter to me what the gentleman thinks I get 16 to 17 mpg towing ,and I love my snooz . at 2100 lbs tows just like I like it to. I was just agreeing that all air planes have a round fat blunt nose ( see photos) of the fastest light bomber , and twin turbo prop ,and that I would get better mpg in reverse. and low headroom , just like the gentleman posted (The head room seems unnecessarily restricted at the front. I think this is based on the idea that if you taper the front there will be less wind-resistance.
But look at any aircraft. They are fat at the front and taper to the rear to reduce drag.
This trailer will afford better mileage if you drive in reverse. )
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #79

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
at 2100 lbs tows just like I like it to.
I'm interested in that weight number- did you finally get around to weighing the Snoozy?

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #80

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I'm interested in that weight number- did you finally get around to weighing the Snoozy?

Thanks!

Francesca
yes i did but i am not happy about it i don't think they did the wighting correct if they even did it . i am going to a truck stop to have it done ,the place that did it is a small shop and they weigh rocks

Tags
escape