My Unplanned Adventure - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Well here I sit in the Scamp in a driveway on the Intercoastel Waterway in West Palm Beach,Fl. and I thought I would share a little of my improptu adventure.

I got a call from my favorite client and friend two weeks ago that he was buying a new house that we had looked at together the weekend before the inauguration.
He has small children and another on the way and needed something bigger and when he found this one he jumped on it.
It is one huge house and on the island of Palm Beach.
It is a new house and as such has never been fitted with the systems that I install so I was planning a trip to help get him moved in.
Then he dropped the real Bomb,he was moving within 10 days.

I looked at the calender and realized that the Scamp Camp was in that time frame too and I decided to Drag the Scamp with me to Florida and "Camp" the whole time!

I got the OK to park in the driveway of his old house on the intercoastel and I knew I would have Power,Cable TV and WiFi as well as a Pool and Bathroom in the house to use.

Well the short story is that I have been in the Scamp now for 14 nights and I am also saving him some considerable Hotel Expenses and I am having a BLAST!

I went to the Scamp Camp and am back and I will write more later but I just wanted to get this one posted before I returned.

It has been an adventure for sure and all while staying in my own room.

I hope I will be able to sleep in a normal bed after this?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
That seems to be working out quite nicely for you. I have noticed that I sleep better in our Scamp than I do in my own bed (so far anyway). Enjoy the rest of your driveway camp out!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Het Ed! Ain't it grand to be able to do that?

I have been in the Burro for almost 2 weeks myself.. many things happening, the least of hich is that we had a record snowfall and storm at my house just shortly after I left for Quartzite. I CAN'T get back home with my rig, so I am staying with it.

It's an adventure too, as I no longer have to be at work.. got laid off last week, so I am "traveling" so. cal in it and killing time, saving money and re-organizing on the road.

Currently, I am in Fred and Roberts back yard. I have been able to take care of business and eat without worry of mass monies going to dog sitters or hotels. I am "at home" in someone elses home. I have all the privacy I require and my animals are cramped, but happy to be with me.

The Burro is one of the best investments I have ever made.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Gina, Truly sorry to hear about the loss of your job. It's a scary economy out there right now. I am so glad you've got the Burro. Am I right in remembering that you have talked before about retiring and going full-time? Maybe it's time to start early.
Pamela S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
Oh Gina---too bad about your job. Happened to my girlfriend in Toronto after 30 years with a company.

But glad you have the Burro and a great place to stay....
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm so ready to "get out of Dodge" I can't stand it. Ed you are one lucky guy. I may have to go spend the night in my Scamp.. under the carport, just to get my "fiberglass fix" !!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Ed -

SEE, SEE ... how much fun full-timing can be? Keep having fun on the job, and we look forward to hearing about your ScampCamp experiences. Safe travels, L 'n D
Old 02-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #8

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Gina

Sorry to hear about your job.
I have to think better things are in store though.
In our business,thinking on your feet is Priceless.
I am sure you can use that experience to find anything you want.

Good Luck
Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Welcome to the "Laid off worker" club. I was laid off from my IT job of 9 years a year ago, and had a 6 month contract from June through December. I'm really glad my wife and I have an adequate emergency fund.

It has been a learning experience. Whatever you do, don't give up in your job search. You will find something sooner or later.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote