naming trailers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2003, 07:34 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
naming trailers

Posted by Thomas and Janifer, Moderator, of NE Oklahoma:

Quote:
Julie M

Location: Florida, Space Coast (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/re...TID=556&page=7)

pets
I bought the Scamp for dog show camping as well as relaxation. I am now owned by six Boston Terriers, two of them are only 4 days old. My neighbors at the dog shows are in huge Blue Birds etc. and have started calling my "egg" my crate... I like the name!! I need to find a name using Crate to actually put on the Scamp. I will be taking some photos today...
I've copied this to here, because I love names for the darling trailers. and in the Pets thread, I thought this might get lost.

the obvious choice would be Dog crate, but maybe too obvious. :)
egg crate?? does any one have that yet. ?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:04 AM   #2

Posted by Charlie Crouchet, Member, of Austin & Marble Falls, Tx:

I'm in agreement, thinking "Dog Crate" is the way for you to go. But while letting this settle in my food oriented brain I realized Suz needs to be pulling "Crate Suzette".
My truck, as all my trucks since 1966, is" Too Loose La Truck", so when I get my egg I will need help with the naming ceremony myself.

Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 AM   #3

class a name vrs egg name

Posted by Jane Eno, Member, of Rochester, NY:

class a name vrs egg name

He he he, just made me laugh. I can just see if you act badly in the ring the judge could point to your egg and say, "Go get in your crate, NOW!"

Anyway, I've always called my Class A "The Beast" -- affectionately meant, of course. It just seems like a beast while flying down the road. Of course I know what you mean at the dog shows. My Beast at 27/25 Feet looks like a toy compared to the monster RVs people bring to the shows. My dad wants me to get a toy-hauler so I can build a grooming area in the back. I'm trying to gently distract him from the idea or he might just go out a buy one and send it my way. Eeek, last thing I want (unless he pays for it too, that would ok with me). Funny I like and own terriers since my dad is kinda like one and once he gets obsessed with something it's really hard to distract him.

You could call your egg the "Big Bad Boston Egg Crate" and get a picture of a Boston Terrier ripping up (or peeing on) a Blue Bird stensiled on the side. Those Boston Terriers are very cool dogs. Too bad they aren't in the terrier group -- they'd fit right in.

Best,

Jane

Old 04-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Charlie Crouchet

I'm in agreement, thinking "Dog Crate" is the way for you to go. But while letting this settle in my food oriented brain I realized Suz needs to be pulling "Crate Suzette".
My truck, as all my trucks since 1966, is" Too Loose La Truck", so when I get my egg I will need help with the naming ceremony myself.
Oh, Charlie, these are just to . .too. I don't know which is better - crate Suzette or too loose La truck. .

Old 04-21-2003, 04:25 PM   #5

dogloo

Posted by Kent Wood, Member, of Mancelona, Michigan:

dogloo
i'm thinking of naming my love bug "dogloo" after those igloo-shaped doghouses. my two canine companions will be travelling with me, so it would be appropriate.

Old 04-21-2003, 06:32 PM   #6

Charlie

Posted by Suz, Moderator, of North Texas:

Charlie
Drats. I really like that Crate Suzette. That's cute. Where were you when I was trying to name my trailer? Actually, I don't have a trailer, I have a rolling bungalow. Her current name is Prairie Rose because she is bedecked in 40s/50/s cowgirl fashion. Some day she may have a total different 'do,' and then she will be Gypsy Rose or something else. Regardless of her moniker, however, she will always be my rolling bunglow!

Too Loose La Truck is probably one of the neatest names I've ever heard. You're gonna have to work on a really good name to match that one!

Old 04-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #7

Charlie

Charlie
Although not nearly as creative as your Too Loose La Truck, I think one of the names you might put in the hat could be: Egg L'Antine

Why? Named after Lautrec's Troupe de Mlle Eglantine

Old 04-21-2003, 09:43 PM   #8

Posted by Nancy Wolf, Member, SW Oregon:

Okay some of you have heard (read) this story before. I want to call our Scamp 5th wheel trailer "Peco Cinco" (Little Five). My husband wants to call it "Humper" because he says it looks like an animal in heat. I have this sneaky feeling that "Peco Cinco" will be painted on the tire cover but the thing may be stuck with "Humper" for the rest of it's life with us!

Nancy

Old 04-22-2003, 08:12 AM   #9

I was talking food for the comming weekend (family get together) out at our "ranchette" in the boonies of Marble Falls, with my brother and now it looks like when I get my egg it's name will have to be , "Huevo Ranchero". It was either that or "Brisket" which does not follow the "egg"theme very well. This all from a man whose dogs are named "Huckleberry, Brady, and Grommet".

Old 04-22-2003, 08:34 AM   #10

Huevo Ranchero

Huevo Ranchero
Good choice, Charlie!

Old 04-22-2003, 09:31 PM   #11

Posted by Charlie Crouchet, Member, Austin & Marble Falls, Tx:

well Suz sometimes you jest goes over and sits a spell on the stump out in the back yard and suddenly an idear breaks open in yer head.
Or at least thats how I come up with stuff.

Old 04-22-2003, 10:07 PM   #12

Another dog show junky!

Posted by Blossom S., Member, of Jamestown CA:

Another dog show junky!
Hi to another dog show junky feeling dwarfed by the big rigs! How many more of us are out there? I will be taking my new trailer to it's first show in 2 weeks. Me and 11 Manchester terriers in a 13' trailer. My new little Compact Jr. is blue, and someone put "Blue Bonnet" on the back, but I have been thinking of new names too. It's amazing how much they look like a dog crate. Perhaps the Boston-mobile for you... or the Great-crate (like great-bait), or the Vari-egg (vari-kennel), they just get worse...
Blossom

Old 04-22-2003, 11:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Orginally posted by Blossom S.

Hi to another dog show junky feeling dwarfed by the big rigs! How many more of us are out there? I will be taking my new trailer to it's first show in 2 weeks. Me and 11 Manchester terriers in a 13' trailer. My new little Compact Jr. is blue, and someone put "Blue Bonnet" on the back, but I have been thinking of new names too. It's amazing how much they look like a dog crate. Perhaps the Boston-mobile for you... or the Great-crate (like great-bait), or the Vari-egg (vari-kennel), they just get worse...
Blossom
I'll help - the Terry Tote - Terrier Carrier - With the great name you have, Blossom maybe - the Flower child, Naa -Flower Power ?? I'm no good at this, Suz named mine.

Old 04-22-2003, 11:40 PM   #14

Blossom:
With 11 dogs plus you , how about " The Even Dozen" ?, or if you are an old movie fan "The Doggie Dozen"; or "With 12 you get eggroll" so it can be named "Eggroll"
Please excuse spelling I am old and tired. smiles.
Jannifer, what are you silly people doing up at this hour of the morning? It's time for all good folks to be in bed. I on the other hand have about another hour of data input for Freddie Mac forclosures in my area before I am allowed to crawl up to bed.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:07 AM   #15

Posted by Thomas and Janifer, Moderator, NE Oklahoma:

What do you mean,Charlie. I was in bed and remembered I needed to call someone in Oregan after 8:00pm their time. So I got up. they had e-d me so I didn't have to use the phone, but I was up. They said my puppy will be born in 3 weeks. yaaaaa :cblob

Old 04-23-2003, 08:32 AM   #16

Posted by Benita, Member, of Atlanta metro:

Quote:
Orginally posted by Blossom S.
Me and 11 Manchester terriers in a 13' trailer.
The Triple D - Digging Doggie Diggs. Bakers' Dozen. Smurfmobile. Blueberry. Pop Tart. Doggies Douce. TAM - Terriers a la mode. MB - Manchester Blues. Blueberry Tribbles. BLT - Blue box, Lady and Terriers. Tee Tee - Terrier Territory. Three T - Tiny/Terrible terrier terriotry.

Okay. I give up now.

Old 04-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #17

obvious moniker

Posted by phil moldovan, Member, of Johnson City, Tenn.:

Given the aesthetics of my Casita I chose the all-too-obvious "Igloo". Eggloo would be appropriate but that title was already in use by another CasitaClub member.

Old 04-23-2003, 11:45 AM   #18

Posted by Paul E Henning, Member, of Warsaw, Indiana:

My Scamp 13 is named Osmo. As in osmosis -- the passing of molecules from an area of higher density to one of lower density. Just like camping -- get away from the crowd!

-----------------------------
Osmo the Great (Osmo is great - Paul is just so-so)

Old 04-23-2003, 05:37 PM   #19

Monikers

[b]Monikers
Quote:
Orginally posted by phil moldovan

Given the aesthetics of my Casita I chose the all-too-obvious "Igloo". Eggloo would be appropriate but that title was already in use by another CasitaClub member.
Phil, lots of us have the same names. We even have a few Charleses (is that the plural for more than one Charles?) If you want your Casita to be named Eggloo, that's okay by me.

Shoot, you could even name it the same as mine. Truth be told, though, you look more like you'd be in an Eggloo than a Rolling Bungalow named Prairie Rose.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #20

Names

Posted by Eric C, Member, of Johnstown, NY:

Names
I don't have my Scamp yet... but I already have the name picked out... Meggabyte... Now I just have to get the trailer :)

-----------------------------
The Plastic Palace and The Pit Bull