Naming your eggs? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Naming your eggs?

I noticed many members are fans of naming their eggs or adding a theme. I was considering this and thought a good fit for mine would be something like....

Space Shuttle Egglantis

They do have a look that lends them to looking a little shuttle like with the white rounded exterior. I'm looking for a custom vinyl decal making company, I found a guy on ebay and contacted him but haven't received a response back yet. The funny part too is my license plate number is SRS 1XXX which is very similar to how they refer to shuttle missions (i.e. Space Transportation System (STS)).
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There was a thread going someplace about names of trailers. Maybe someone will find it and post. I know there's this one on CasitaForum: http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/...showtopic=7196

I named mine Double Yolk since it's a 16 footer. Figuring "yolk" should be reserved for a 13 footer. I've already picked out a name for my "some day" Escape 5th wheel. Since I'm partial to SciFi... I like what you've picked out!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
If you are around bigger boats there should be a sign making place that makes vinyl boat names.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
I noticed many members are fans of naming their eggs or adding a theme. I was considering this and thought a good fit for mine would be something like....

Space Shuttle Egglantis

They do have a look that lends them to looking a little shuttle like with the white rounded exterior. I'm looking for a custom vinyl decal making company, I found a guy on ebay and contacted him but haven't received a response back yet. The funny part too is my license plate number is SRS 1XXX which is very similar to how they refer to shuttle missions (i.e. Space Transportation System (STS)).
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #4

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
We have yet to name our 5th Wheel which I can't understand because everything we own has had or has a nickname. Perhaps this is because it has not earned one yet. Sometimes a name gets stuck to a person or thing out of chance then sticks forever.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #5

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
We have yet to name our 5th Wheel which I can't understand because everything we own has had or has a nickname. Perhaps this is because it has not earned one yet. Sometimes a name gets stuck to a person or thing out of chance then sticks forever.
I think Humperdink would be a cool name for a Scamp 5th wheel.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #6

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Sharon:

Yes, yes! Pulled by Tundra with Replaced Front End You Will Have Me Pulling You the Rest of Your Life. We will be spending the winter north and slightlty west of Green Bay, Wisconsin where we have rented a cottage for the winter but will still have a house in Decorah, Iowa.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #7

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
I was thinking -- EGGscape POD
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
"The Scamp"
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 19 ft
Here's what I posted on the Escape Forum in '09, while waiting for our trailer to be built:

Ever since I saw the photos of one of the first Escape 19s emblazoned fore and aft with the custom name "Hokie Escape", I've been playing around with a possible name for our upcoming 19, due in a couple of months. After some deep rumination, I started riffing on the whole "egg" moniker. My first flash of inspiration was greeted by a perplexed "Huh?" when I said, "Honey, let's name the trailer 'Grade A Extra Large'"! After a bit of explanation, all I got was a flat "No" and a shake of the head.

Undaunted, I retreated for a while. Then came the next flash. "Hey! How about 'Sunny Side Up'?" No answer. Not a good sign. I decided to get off the 'egg' approach for a bit. When I hit her up with 'Haulin' Glass', all I got was a disgusted look and a shake of the head. My suggestion of 'Escapist' got about the same.

OK, I thought, back to the 'egg' theme. "So, what do you think of 'Before the Chicken'?" I queried. The result was one of those deadly, unwavering stares that would wilt a lesser punster. I took one last shot and tossed out "'Bad Yolks'?" Same result.

Down to my last bit of inspiration, I went to my best approach: a choice. "So which do you think is better -- 'Nest Egg' or 'Egg Nest'?" It stopped her cold, but for only a second. I think she figured that if she didn't relent, things would only get worse.

The Trailer's name is now 'Egg Nest'. The rest are available, if anyone out there wants them.

The rest of the naming discussion that followed can be found at: The Saga of naming the trailer

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Poll: Has your egg a name, and if yes, what?

This is another thread I started a while ago, when I was waiting for my Escape 17'B to hatch. Her name is Cafe Egg.... Under "General Chat".
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hubby just came up with a great one but it might be cause for a lawsuit for copyright infringement: :"Leggo my Eggo"
Old 09-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #12

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
A good friend keeps asking me to name my Bigfoot.

I've been resistant because I don't have a lot of time to think about names. And, well, I managed to go through life not naming my car or house. But I did have a sailboat. ...

Plus Bigfoots really don't look like an EGG - well maybe it's color.

Moving on ...

I spend a lot of time in the Pacific NW and the northern rocky's - Lewis and Clark country. And I've always been fascinated by the Lewis & Clark expedition.

Lewis & Clark named their little group, Corps of Discovery. And that made me think about the term: Esprit de corps

Since we bought the TT to embark on journeys with our dogs (who are very enthusiastic about retrieving), I was considering a play on the word "esprit": EGGsprit Discovery.

I'd add the name and maybe our kennel logo to the Rear Tire Cover.

What say you?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Here is the old post from before the hack and loss of who posted what.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...mes-22311.html

Maybe we need to redo it in another post.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #14

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
We named our mini "The Snail" because the roof has the raised middle and because a snail is so snug and comfortable in its shell he never wants to leave.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #15

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Shrimp Scampi. (13')
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Question

I have settled on a name for my 13 foot Scamp, but may have a modification:SKIPPYIMMIE'NME Skippy, for my traveling partner, immie for the imron paint job and of course me. Still thinking about it. Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #17

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Hubby just came up with a great one but it might be cause for a lawsuit for copyright infringement: :"Leggo my Eggo"

For years now we have called our boler "L'EGGO" = the egg in which we go, and play, (and eat). No lawsuits yet!
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #18

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
On our spare tire cover:

Just
Un Oeuf
for two!

For non-francophones, 'un oeuf' in French means 'an egg,' and is pronounced like 'enough.'
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #19

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Love it!
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #20

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I'm adding to this long-ago thread on naming our beloved trailers. Have you seen this page? RV Name Generator: How to Name an RV | Fun Motors Scroll down to the bottom and you have an "RV name generator". They suggest that you take one name from the first column which corresponds with the first letter of your first name and one from the second column which corresponds to your last name and voila you have a name for your trailer. I found it fun to do a little alliteration such as: Comfort Cruiser, Desert Drifter, or Trail Trekker. Try it, it's a lot of fun!

While you're at it look at the statistics and general RV information that is posted on this site. Pretty interesting!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote