Need help with finding lights for remodel of Das Cave - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #21

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Alex, YES, of course, you're right. We bought a couple of them (needed 10)--it's just that so far they are still quite expensive; I'm waiting for mass production to bring that cost down some--or for the local power company to let us have another home visit with some free one.

How could I have forgotten? Sometimes I'm still shopping for something that I bought two months ago!

Thanks.

BEST
Kai
Quite a few of the Seattle area stores are participating in the Seattle City Light Instant Rebate plan for the immediate instore discount when you buy LED bulbs. I know Home Depot does, Bartell Drugs does, Stoneway Hardware too.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Yup. And when do you need light? In the winter. And when do you need heat? In the winter.
How much heat to LED lights emit? Very little, so you have to turn up your electric baseboard heaters to compensate for the missing tungsten bulbs.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:53 AM   #23

Oregon
Why not make a Velcro in place, removable cover section of Rat Fur for tail light access? That is how I would handle the situation of needing a way to get to the tail lights but still keep things looking nice. It can be done very neatly with fabric glue or iron on Velcro, no sewing is required.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:57 AM   #24

Oregon
Using tungsten tail lights to keep yourself warm in the winter instead of using a baseboard heater? Must not be very cold where you are

Of course I have a cat who insist on sunning himself under my daylight, 5,000k LED bulb that is my reading lamp because he thinks it is going to be as warm as sitting in the bright sun that comes in through the skylight. He still has not figured that one out yet.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Aren't all the exterior lights surface mount? They are on my Scamp. Nothing to access from inside the trailer, except wiring that goes through the body. And even with those the holes aren't very large and caulked to prevent leaks. So, I can't figure out the info given about covering up the inside with Rat Fur, etc. Who's confused? Is it me?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Quite a few of the Seattle area stores are participating in the Seattle City Light Instant Rebate plan for the immediate instore discount when you buy LED bulbs. I know Home Depot does, Bartell Drugs does, Stoneway Hardware too.
This is the post I was referencing when discussing LED bulbs. I expect the rebate applies to household bulbs, not taillight bulbs.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:46 AM   #27

Name: Monte
Trailer: Boler and Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
Smile need help with finding lights for remodel of Das Cave

Hi Guys thanks for all your input! ( Das Cave ) is going to be painted and then I'll be adding the lights. Now the fun stuff begins!
All the best, Monte
Monte W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #28

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hey, Monte, we love pictures. Do you have any of the interior or your progress?

Kai
Old 11-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #29

Name: Monte
Trailer: Boler and Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
Need help with finding lights for remodel of Das Cave

Hi Kai, The only thing I've done is cut the floor boards and put them in to take a picture of it and then put back away! After I paint the outside, I'll post pictures as I go! Thanks for asking.

All the best, Monte
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0312.jpg   IMG_0279.jpg  

Monte W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #30

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Aren't all the exterior lights surface mount? They are on my Scamp. Nothing to access from inside the trailer, except wiring that goes through the body. And even with those the holes aren't very large and caulked to prevent leaks. So, I can't figure out the info given about covering up the inside with Rat Fur, etc. Who's confused? Is it me?
Also the nuts or screws that hold the light on would have to be accessed if the whole unit needed to be replaced. That's how I interpreted the OP's concern.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, light