Need input on pricing playpac please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

Name: Carol
Trailer: Multiple
New Jersey
Need input on pricing playpac please

Hi Folks,

I have a Playpac that I'd like to sell. I don't know anything about it as my husband acquired it and he passed away last year. So it's been sitting in my yard and time to move it out. (And a Trillium that will be posted shortly as well).

The playpac needs some TLC. It's been sitting for awhile, completely empty on the inside, door lock missing.

What do you think a fair price would be to ask for it. I don't see many posted so it's hard for me to tell.

I am going to empty the junk from the inside and wash it this spring. I'd like your thoughts on what a fair price would be. Thank you.

Thank you
Carol
Attached Thumbnails
20200229_153247.jpg   20200229_153359.jpg  

20190909_171506.jpg  
carjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #2

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
I'm not too familiar with Playpac specifically, but as a gutted shell with what looks like a rather rusty frame, I'd assume it's not worth much. It'd take at least hundreds and more likely thousands of dollars to get it into usable shape. My guess would be <$1000 even with how well fiberglass trailers hold their value, but it depends a bit on the condition of the frame, axle, and shell once it's cleaned up.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #3

New Jersey
Thank you!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #4

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Did some searching, and I might have been optimistic even.
This one looks like they dropped the price to $750 before it sold, and it looks like the frame was in good shape though it needed some fiberglass work: https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...ration-project

This one was $3500 (or presumably sold close to that), but was recently remodeled with the interior and running gear all in good shape.

No pictures left on this one, but had no interior. Unknown condition for frame etc. Seller had no takers at $1750 it seems: https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...-nh-42987.html

So... around $3000 fully remodeled, and probably $300-$750 gutted and rusty.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:43 PM   #5

New Jersey
You're a doll. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:44 PM   #6

New Jersey
someone offered me $500. I aguess I should take it.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Need input on pricing playpac please

$500 is on the low side for a towable intact shell with all windows. Play Pacs have a full fiberglass floor, which adds value. Still, it depends on your location and how anxious you are to sell.

Priced too low it may go to someone who doesn’t have a clue and will end up destroying a rather rare model. If you’re comfortable the $500 offer will go to a good home, then take it.

If you’re not in a hurry and do some clean-up to make it more presentable, an asking price of $800-1000 would not be out of line. You can always lower the price for the right buyer that will take care of it, but it’s good to keep the clueless and the greedy flippers out.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
looking at your rig

Well looking at it my opinion its going to take a really ambitious person to tackle your trailer.

I see a new paint job for starters I don't know what that would cost. Most take the cabin off the trailer to get to the frame. More work!

Nor-Cal Mike would be the best one to give you a price but he might be out working on yet another rebuild!

If someone offered me $500 I think I would strongly consider it! Next question is title?

good luck whatever you do...

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #9

New Jersey
Thank you Jon and Bob. No title. Although in NJ, trailers under a certain weight (and this would qualify), do not need to be titled.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #10

New Jersey
And BTW, all i was going to do was wash it. I'm not qualified to really do much more. This was my late husband's. I'm not in a rush to sell, but my goal is to sell it this year. But i agree, i could always ask more and then come down if i have to.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:10 AM   #11

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjul View Post
someone offered me $500. I aguess I should take it.

I'm in the camp that say's take it, is another hundred or two worth having it sit looking at it. Take it and go treat yourself to something good.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:17 AM   #12

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
hi Carol,
been ages since i posted here, but as this is a PlayPac related concern i might be able to help a little. i have owned two of these AWESOME little numbers and they are very rare. when i purchased mine, there were less than 20 known to exist and since then several more have popped up but the number is still under 30. the shell is sandwiched fiberglass inside and out. its super sturdy and yours just needs a good pressure wash to reveal a nice gelcoat. it looks like wiring and interior are the big jobs, but if the shell and frame are in good shape you should begin pricing at closer to $1000. i bought both of mine at around 3k in decent shape and put a bit of TLC in each and sold each at 5500 and 6500 respectively. savvy buyers will know these are very rare so if you are not in a major hurry, then don't feel bad about offering at 1k. if no action, then drop to 900, 800, etc. if it were an old scamp or boler in similar shape, i understand all of the above, but this is a PlayPac. as they are so unique (with the dome on the ceiling and the box-like design adding additional interior volume) i wouldn't want you to miss out on getting your money's worth. best of luck on your sale.
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote