Need someplace to park my 16' scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
Need someplace to park my 16' scamp

Hi everyone.

Wasn't sure where to post this thread. I live in South Florida in Coral Springs.
My Scamp (16' Scamp) is parked at my sister's home in Loxahatchee. The home has been sold and she will be relocating On October 13th. This means I have to move it. I am looking for someplace to park it in either Broward or Palm Beach county. My preference would be Palm Beach county.

There are a slew of storage facilities where I can store it. However, since I am restoring it, I would prefer to park it on someone's property instead of a storage facility. I am willing to pay a monthly fee for the privilege.

If anyone knows of a person who would be willing to offer this, I would greatly appreciate a referral.

I can be reached at
954-592-5039
sondecicada@gmail.com

Thank you

Sara
Old 09-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
In the mean time, watch out for Irma.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I have stored mine many times and for many months at a time at Lake Worth Storage on the corner of Military and Lake Worth Road,I think?

Lake Worth Storage - Home

I mention this as they were always OK with me working on it while there and I could even get power as needed from the building and at the time they tried to have someone there around the clock too just to keep watch.
They were the same basic price as the others but were a lot more accommodating for the money for me!

I don't live in that area and would be gone for months at a time but they always actually kept a lookout and called me of needed too,I prefer this personalized service to the bigger "Faceless" chains for storage for sure.

Just a suggestion based on my actual positive experience.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #4

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
You could try putting an ad in the local newspaper, flyer, or on craigslist. Perhaps someone in the area would offer you space for a few dollars each month. Get references though!
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
In the mean time, watch out for Irma.
Interestingly enough . . . the challenge is not actually Irma. The challenge is the mass hysteria within the population. Daily meditation keeps me calm.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #6

Florida
Talking The B E S T people are found here!

Thank you Ed! You're the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I have stored mine many times and for many months at a time at Lake Worth Storage on the corner of Military and Lake Worth Road,I think?

Lake Worth Storage - Home

I mention this as they were always OK with me working on it while there and I could even get power as needed from the building and at the time they tried to have someone there around the clock too just to keep watch.
They were the same basic price as the others but were a lot more accommodating for the money for me!

I don't live in that area and would be gone for months at a time but they always actually kept a lookout and called me of needed too,I prefer this personalized service to the bigger "Faceless" chains for storage for sure.

Just a suggestion based on my actual positive experience.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #7

Florida
Talking Excellent help as always . . .

Thank you Herons! I've tried these and thus far no results. Will keep trying and I am grateful that you took the time to post these suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herons View Post
You could try putting an ad in the local newspaper, flyer, or on craigslist. Perhaps someone in the area would offer you space for a few dollars each month. Get references though!

Tags
scamp