Need Table Recommendation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Need Table Recommendation

I want a folding table about 4" long where I can put my laptop to do some work. Adjustable legs for uneven ground would be nice, but not required. The main thing is it needs to be sturdy and stable.

I find one on Amazon that seems perfect, but then a small number of people say the table wobbles and is unstable and some even post videos showing how badly the table wobbles.

So I figured this was the best place to get an honest recommendation for a folding table that can be used as a desk, for cooking, for eating, that is very stable. I don't need a table that folds in half, just one where the legs fold up.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I want a folding table about 4" long [should that be 4' …feet, not inches?] where I can put my laptop to do some work. Adjustable legs for uneven ground would be nice, but not required. The main thing is it needs to be sturdy and stable.

I find one on Amazon that seems perfect, but then a small number of people say the table wobbles and is unstable and some even post videos showing how badly the table wobbles.

So I figured this was the best place to get an honest recommendation for a folding table that can be used as a desk, for cooking, for eating, that is very stable. I don't need a table that folds in half, just one where the legs fold up.
Sounds like you want to use it outside the trailer.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #3

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
Sounds like you want to use it outside the trailer.
Yes, in my Clam tent or outside.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #4

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
The lifetime tables would fit your requirements.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #5

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
The lifetime tables would fit your requirements.
Do you have one? If so, about how long have you had it? Does it wobble?

The reason I ask is that is one of the tables I was considering except several people said it wobbles and they returned it. I think that was also one where someone said he had one for years and it was great. Eventually he had to replace it and the new one wobbles.

Maybe there was a bad batch because most people rated it very high.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:56 PM   #6

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
Quote:
Do you have one? If so, about how long have you had it? Does it wobble?

The reason I ask is that is one of the tables I was considering except several people said it wobbles and they returned it. I think that was also one where someone said he had one for years and it was great. Eventually he had to replace it and the new one wobbles.

Maybe there was a bad batch because most people rated it very high.
I have 2, one that folds in half and one that does not fold. Both are rock solid but neither of them have adjustable legs. If something happened to one, I would go right out and get another.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:39 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Got mine at Costco. Legs not adjustable, but rock solid. I stick stuff under an unsteady leg and it works fine.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Check Home Depot or Lowe’s… we got ours at Home Depot
Folds in half adjustable legs
Pretty solid
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
We carried a 4' Lifetime table for some time. The steel legs arrangement is very sturdy and generally won't wobble at all.

It adjusts to three heights; 24, 29 and 36". The counter-height was nice for doing kitchen prep and cleanup as we find that low-height tables strain our backs.

We quit carrying it when we got the Escape with a larger counter space and I substituted a small 6" high table top that we place on top of picnic tables.

The high density polyethylene top is pretty heavy. I had considered making a lighter stress-skin wooden top.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:50 PM   #10

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
We carried a 4' Lifetime table for some time. The steel legs arrangement is very sturdy and generally won't wobble at all.

It adjusts to three heights; 24, 29 and 36". The counter-height was nice for doing kitchen prep and cleanup as we find that low-height tables strain our backs.

We quit carrying it when we got the Escape with a larger counter space and I substituted a small 6" high table top that we place on top of picnic tables.

The high density polyethylene top is pretty heavy. I had considered making a lighter stress-skin wooden top.
That's the one I ordered.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
That's the one I ordered.
The poly top makes it slick enough to play shuffleboard! You might want to get a table cloth with a non-skid bottom.

I think that you'll be favorably impressed overall; let us know.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:00 PM   #12

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I know you are not looking for something that folds up. However, I have used tables like the one below. They are stronger than they look, and as long as you don't get too rambunchous, adults can sit on the attached seats. It also can be set up at seat height, like a coffee table. As a bonus, an umbrella can be inserted in a hole in the center of the table.

However, as a result of the narrow, central support, it does wobble a bit.

We used them with our kids. The adults sat at the ends of the table, on adult sized seats.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353475302196
Attached Thumbnails
Fold Up Table.JPG   Fold Up Table 2.JPG  

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:16 PM   #13

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-80...personal-table
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #14

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
I used to have one of those, but it disappeared.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:42 PM   #15

Name: Teddy
Trailer: Jayco Designer
California
By now, you've received several less than perfect table solutions..
The elegant answer is a 3 legged free-standing table.
It can adjust to any uneven surface "wobble-free."
And that's the only useful clue you'll get from this answer.
How do you learn if we do everything for you?
Locating a "four inch table" for your laptop is more challenging.
I had a perfect one but a family of squirrels appropriated it
for remote learning and nut shelling.
Yes, like me, they did it just for the "hull" of it.
-Teddy
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:30 AM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
i have two tables like that. they work ok for a smaller laptop but not a great big one, they also make great drink tables between the lounge chairs. We'll also pull one out for a road side picnic lunch or whatever.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #17

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
I wanted a table without legs to kick so I opted for a cantilever style. It works great for our smaller dinette table but might a problem for something longer. Ours sides sideways to give easy access past the Kitchen counter and back for eating.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler - 25.jpg  
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #18

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I put our rear dinette table on a marine pedestal mount, so there's just a single central post, which telescopes, so the table can be lowered to convert the dinette into a rear bed. on top of the pedestal is a X/Y glider, so the tabletop can be moved side to side AND front to rear (each separately lockable)

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:56 AM   #19

Virginia
I ordered 3 weeks ago and just now get an email telling me they don't have it in stock, their system didn't update, and now it is on back-order with no projected delivery date, so they cancelled my order. One heck of a way to run a business.

Amazon deleted my order, so I can't even look at the original order. I thought I would see if any other provider offered the same table and it shows as sold and shipped by Amazon. I replaced the order and it says it will be here Friday. Amazon should have told me in the cancellation email that the product was available from other providers or better yet, offered me the option to place the order with another provider.

Tags
eco