Nest Caravans — Building a new FG trailer, step by step - Page 29 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #561

Name: Paul
Trailer: Looking for the NEST
Ontario
Hey Robert, came in late to this party but love the unit and if I get my way I will get one from Airstream. The concept is spectacular, the Prototype was fantastic and I keep bugging Airstream for a release date. Oh ya I live in Canada and as far as I am concerned your process, your R&D, your methodology is BAR NONE! One of the FG trailer companies that I have looked at has a Mantra "Good Enough is NOT Good Enough!" and you have lived that and created it for us all to enjoy. I have read this complete thread and loved every bit of it (was choked by some of the Negative Stuff and some of the people who are a little too full of their opinions) but Opinions are like 'A-- H-les', everyone has got one as do I! Thanks for a Great Ride....and a Great Fiberglass Product, it is a work of Heart and Art! PAJ
ActionJ-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:14 AM   #562

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJ-2012 View Post
Hey Robert, came in late to this party but love the unit and if I get my way I will get one from Airstream. The concept is spectacular, the Prototype was fantastic and I keep bugging Airstream for a release date. Oh ya I live in Canada and as far as I am concerned your process, your R&D, your methodology is BAR NONE! One of the FG trailer companies that I have looked at has a Mantra "Good Enough is NOT Good Enough!" and you have lived that and created it for us all to enjoy. I have read this complete thread and loved every bit of it (was choked by some of the Negative Stuff and some of the people who are a little too full of their opinions) but Opinions are like 'A-- H-les', everyone has got one as do I! Thanks for a Great Ride....and a Great Fiberglass Product, it is a work of Heart and Art! PAJ
This will be an awesome trailer, no doubt. Are you subscribed to updates from Airstream regarding the Nest?
https://www.airstream.com/nest/
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:42 AM   #563

Name: Paul
Trailer: Looking for the NEST
Ontario
Hi Jim,

Oh Yes I Am! Have also been digging on the Web to find anything Leaked but it is very Quiet! Gotta be patient! Have a problem doing that :-)
ActionJ-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #564

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Maybe It will Be another camper like the Jay Smart by Jayco was.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #565

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
new guy here, only been a member for a couple of weeks and discovered this topic the other day. All I can say is WOW a lot of the features I wouldn't want or use but overall if it is in the cards some day I will will have 1 parked in my driveway
Jan
Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #566
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Hi everybody, been a long time... Thought I'd take a moment and say hello and provide an update. Many thanks to those that have expressed an appreciation for our intentions, and provided positive feedback.

Here's the latest:

We are just now finishing the first prototype of Nest by Airstream. This will be sent to the test track for some grueling real-world experiences in a couple weeks.

As you may or may not know, we have made the trailer wider, which required all new tooling and put us behind our original production schedule. We should begin building in earnest in late Autumn.

Though the original design intent remains intact, Nest will now feature three floor plan options, wet bath with flush toilet, an industry-standard shell chassis, and many Airstream nuances.

On a personal note, I'd like you all to know how impressed I am with the Airstream organization. The professionalism, engineering expertise, and attention to quality surpasses nearly everything I could have brought to this project on my own. Though the concept and vision is mine, Nest will in all other ways measure up to the Airstream name, reputation and integrity.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #567

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
When will we get to see some new pics?? Or is there a link? I'd like to see the wider version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post

On a personal note, I'd like you all to know how impressed I am with the Airstream organization. The professionalism, engineering expertise, and attention to quality surpasses nearly everything I could have brought to this project on my own. Though the concept and vision is mine, Nest will in all other ways measure up to the Airstream name, reputation and integrity.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #568

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Airstream has opened a page on their website to announce their new partnership with Nest Caravans. It doesn't have much in it yet, but you can sign up for updates. I'm looking forward to seeing the floor plans that will be offered. I don't know whether I'll be able to afford one when they "go live" but it's nice to dream!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #569
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Hi everybody, been a long time... Thought I'd take a moment and say hello and provide an update. Many thanks to those that have expressed an appreciation for our intentions, and provided positive feedback.

Here's the latest:

We are just now finishing the first prototype of Nest by Airstream. This will be sent to the test track for some grueling real-world experiences in a couple weeks.

As you may or may not know, we have made the trailer wider, which required all new tooling and put us behind our original production schedule. We should begin building in earnest in late Autumn.

Though the original design intent remains intact, Nest will now feature three floor plan options, wet bath with flush toilet, an industry-standard shell chassis, and many Airstream nuances.

Thanks for the update Robert! Can't wait to see one in person someday.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #570

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Quote:

Here's the latest:

Hey, Robert...we spoke a while back-before the Airstream buy. Others on a different forum are asking me which other TT have a cassette toilet. I thought you mentioned you would offer this as an option. Is that still the case? I don't want to pass on incorrect info. I'm still patiently awaiting the intro!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote