New BigFoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
New BigFoot

I picked up my 25RT BigFoot about a year ago from trailer world. I feel they gave me a good deal. Well I looked at the market the other day and they seemed to be $20,000 more.

Scrutiny!
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:35 PM   #2

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I picked up my 25RT BigFoot about a year ago from trailer world. I feel they gave me a good deal. Well I looked at the market the other day and they seemed to be $20,000 more.

Scrutiny!
Don’t understand what you mean.
Are you saying you paid $20k too much or that prices of new units have gone up by $20k since you bought?

What does a new one with a nice selection of options go for today?
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
The price has gone up. I saw one advertised for $70k.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:02 AM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEd View Post
Don’t understand what you mean.
Are you saying you paid $20k too much or that prices of new units have gone up by $20k since you bought?

What does a new one with a nice selection of options go for today?
I got close to $50,000 but without AC and no TV antenna but if I had to do it over I would also lose the skylight. I could have put one more solar panel there.

So they seem to be going for $70,000 now, however Trailer world in Denver was $10,000 cheaper than anyone else last year so maybe they are this year too.

Regardless they have gone way up and the wait is longer.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #5

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
I got close to $50,000 but without AC and no TV antenna but if I had to do it over I would also lose the skylight. I could have put one more solar panel there.

So they seem to be going for $70,000 now, however Trailer world in Denver was $10,000 cheaper than anyone else last year so maybe they are this year too.

Thank you.
Understand.
We have a 25RT on order from Trailer World. A good company to do business with.
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:57 AM   #6

Name: George
Trailer: Bigfoot
Virginia
Quote:

I ordered my 25B25RT in Aug 2020, this was a unit TW in Denver had on order and was to be delivered in December. It finally arrived Friday, and I am picking it up on the 19th. I paid about $56K loaded.
The dealer in Atlanta is one of the few that advertises prices and they were considerably higher when I purchased mine. Now they are at $73,995 for a 25B25RQ. That's why I am driving 1800 miles farther to do business with TW Denver.
GeoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:36 AM   #7

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
I bought my 25RQ at the Atlanta dealership, off the lot. Salesman did a good job. The finance man gave us such a problem we came a hairs breath away from walking out. He wanted us to finance instead we paid cash. I would not buy there again. We have not been back for warranty work or anything else. They were higher than the Colorado dealership but we did not want to go to Colorado in February when we bought in 2019.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:32 AM   #8

Name: AARON
Trailer: Currently Shopping, past FG trailers: 2003 17' Casita SD; 2014 17' Casita SD
Texas
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I bought my 25RQ at the Atlanta dealership, off the lot. Salesman did a good job. The finance man gave us such a problem we came a hairs breath away from walking out. He wanted us to finance instead we paid cash. I would not buy there again. We have not been back for warranty work or anything else. They were higher than the Colorado dealership but we did not want to go to Colorado in February when we bought in 2019.
We have ours ordered through the Atlanta dealership, not looking forward to the experience based on other reviews. We would have gone with Denver but they couldn't get us the trailer till September 2021 at the time we ordered, and Atlanta delivery is expected May 2021. Our trailer is part of our hurricane evacuation plan, so we really wanted to have a trailer before hurricane season. We did get a better price in Atlanta than the dealership in Marble Falls, TX, they were wanting north of 60K for a 25B21RB and a deliver of September 2022!
Thundercleese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #9

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
I had quotes from three dealers Atlanta, Portland and Denver
Portland and Denver were the same price
Alrana quoted 7000 more and was pushing finance
We will pay cash
Portland also had a spot in June
Denver was a year out
The June date I expect will be more like August
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:55 AM   #10

Ohio
Quote:

More like 60 if you shop
Old 03-30-2022, 06:04 AM   #11

Name: Ted
Trailer: 2023 Bigfoot 25B25RQ Twin Bed
Ontario
How are you all liking your new Bigfoots? Any issues we should be aware of if we're considering spending this much money on a 2022 25' RBT?
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:24 AM   #12

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedfred View Post
How are you all liking your new Bigfoots? Any issues we should be aware of if we're considering spending this much money on a 2022 25' RBT?
We ordered ours in October and likely won’t get it until this October. However we did get to talk to an owner who bought and identical unit last fall and tour the trailer. It was exactly as we had ordered minus the solar package and with faux leather we didn’t order. He had no issues in a year except an antenna on top that Bigfoot replaced under warranty. Since this was the first one we got to see in person we looked inside pretty closely. My impression was a high quality build . Unlike Escape there are fewer options to choose as far as interior decor etc. if that’s important and you don’t care for the two schemes move on. They will work with you on Lithium ready, solar package, and the location of the batteries. Many people do the solar package after the fact. We decided to simplify. I have heard nothing but good reports of the overall quality. I suspect any issues would be confined to rv components that seem to plague the industry post Covid. We wanted a compressor fridge but it was a long wait to get one, more money, and I didn’t want to delay the order any more than we already have experienced. Initial estimate was June, now September? It’s a fairly heavy trailer as you have seen you’ll want a tow vehicle with close to 2000 lbs payload. We had a 21 foot Escape for 4 years and had very few issues with it and at the time it was an extremely good price. The difference between the two trailers have significantly narrowed. Still it’s a pricy beast until you price Oliver’s and Airstream. Escape is still cheaper but a longer wait now 2 years not 4 seasons and no trailer in the 25 foot ranger. The mythical 23 has still not got to prototype after a 2 year delay. I suspect it will be every bit as expensive as the Bigfoot or more and difficult to order. When we get ours I’m sure to post the impressions
Old 03-30-2022, 07:42 AM   #13

Name: Ted
Trailer: 2023 Bigfoot 25B25RQ Twin Bed
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
We ordered ours in October and likely won’t get it until this October. However we did get to talk to an owner who bought and identical unit last fall and tour the trailer. It was exactly as we had ordered minus the solar package and with faux leather we didn’t order. He had no issues in a year except an antenna on top that Bigfoot replaced under warranty. Since this was the first one we got to see in person we looked inside pretty closely. My impression was a high quality build . Unlike Escape there are fewer options to choose as far as interior decor etc. if that’s important and you don’t care for the two schemes move on. They will work with you on Lithium ready, solar package, and the location of the batteries. Many people do the solar package after the fact. We decided to simplify. I have heard nothing but good reports of the overall quality. I suspect any issues would be confined to rv components that seem to plague the industry post Covid. We wanted a compressor fridge but it was a long wait to get one, more money, and I didn’t want to delay the order any more than we already have experienced. Initial estimate was June, now September? It’s a fairly heavy trailer as you have seen you’ll want a tow vehicle with close to 2000 lbs payload. We had a 21 foot Escape for 4 years and had very few issues with it and at the time it was an extremely good price. The difference between the two trailers have significantly narrowed. Still it’s a pricy beast until you price Oliver’s and Airstream. Escape is still cheaper but a longer wait now 2 years not 4 seasons and no trailer in the 25 foot ranger. The mythical 23 has still not got to prototype after a 2 year delay. I suspect it will be every bit as expensive as the Bigfoot or more and difficult to order. When we get ours I’m sure to post the impressions
Thanks very much for the prompt reply and helpful feedback! Hope your new Bigfoot arrives sooner than they predict.

Which dealership did you order through? Was it them that you worked with regarding the lithium, solar and battery options?
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #14

Ohio
I order mine through Chuck at Apache in Portland
Lots of people like Denver dealer also
The requests go to the dealer are are forwarded to the factory. Bigfoot does not install batteries they are done at the dealer. I’ll supply my battery to the dealer for the lithium install. The factory will install a lithium converter and a lithium compatible solar charger . I liked the deposit required better at Apache and my daughter lives in Portland so a pickup will combine with a visit
Old 06-07-2022, 08:01 PM   #15

Name: Evans
Trailer: Currently awaiting Bigfoot 25B25RT
Texas
We ordered our 25RT with many options in June of 2021 from Trailer World Of Denver, whom by the way are a fantastic dealer from what I can tell so far. The news started going south in April when Bigfoot released a statement to dealers that they will no longer honor a price lock with all orders that are not currently in production, and since I'm not in production I,ve been leveled with an additional 6K plus increase to the price I ordered at last June, and Grant in his letter has left the impression that the increases are not finished yet. My order will probably not show up at the dealer until October/November, which puts me at 16-18 months since original order and will probably be affected by another price increase. I don't get to go back in time, so Im stuck with either get a refund and move onto an overpriced Globetrotter, or wait and pay up. Im 66, I want to get started on my retirement journey, and I still want to do this in my own Bigfoot 25RT. So I'm sticking with my order, life is short and I'm already 12 months into this..... But Its becoming a beating.
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot