NEW: CA Water Check for RV'er's - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
NEW: CA Water Check for RV'er's

In line with other water conservation efforts the California State Water Conservation Board has released the following rule concerning RV's entering and leaving the state:

1. Declaration of Inbound Water Supply.

All RV's with onboard fresh water storage must declare the current amount onboard when entering the state. This will be done at the existing Agricultural Inspection Stations. A receipt will be given for the declared amount, spot checks of actual amounts will be made. Those over-declaring water on board will be directed to return to the state from which they entered for sufficient water to make up for any shortage.

2. Declaration of Outbound Water Supply

All RV's leaving the state will be limited to carrying no more fresh water out of the state than declared at entry per item #1 above. Those with excess water onboard will be required to download said excess into the local water system for further use by citizens of the state.
=======================================
The California Republic Department of State reserves the right to deny future entry to those attempting to illegally remove California water from the Golden State.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Bob,

Pretty funny. Perhaps we can all fill up in North Texas and dump in California.

And thanks for pointing out the sub-forum. I didn't know it existed. We need more folks posting on it.

John
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #3

You heard it here first.
It's a product of my somewhat biased Republic of California mind, and is hereby copyright.... LOL

Old 06-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
You heard it here first.
It's a product of my somewhat biased Republic of California mind, and is hereby copyright.... LOL
Bob,

You had me going until the part about downloading excess water back to municipal water systems. Even I seldom drink the stuff in my freshwater tank. I doubt Californians are that desperate yet. ;-)

John
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Just another way to increase government with no positive outcome.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Caulifornee needs all their water for their seement ponds!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #7

Name: Rob
Trailer: New 1973 Compact II
California
On the news in California today is a program that converts waste water to drinking water, like on the ISS; its called Toilet to Tap.
Rob V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Leaving tomorrow morning for LA just filled the tank with Canadian grade A water and will leave it behind for all the good people in LA to enjoy
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Actually bob if you come by the happier camper lot I'll give you first dibs on it
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #10

Bob's about 150' from the shore of Lake Chelan, a 60 mile long lake in north central WA, very near Canada and full of cold AAA grade Washington water. When I get home in about a month I'll try to bring some water home myself. Unfortunately, my last 10 days will be in NV & AZ so I will probably have to use it before I get home.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #11

Name: gailanneM
Trailer: Bigfoot 25' and previously, 17' Burro
Washington
Fellow Chelan-er?

Hey Bob,
I'm currently in the process of moving up to Chelan (& ESTATIC to be getting out of CA!!) -- I'll be living in my 25' Bigfoot while building a garage and then small retirement home on 21 acres....
Can't wait to get up to that "cool, clear, waaater...."!!!!
😎
gailanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #12

When will you be landing in Chelan and where is your property?
We are currently about 300' from the Lady of the Lake landing

And what are you doing with the 17'er, we are looking for one.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #13

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
It is fiction, but give it a couple more months and it may happen. Things are getting desperate here.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
It is fiction, but give it a couple more months and it may happen. Things are getting desperate here.
LOL by a couple of comments it looks like he got a few on it though....

Given the state of the water situation all the way up the coast - even here in traditionally wet BC it would not surprise me if they put something unheard of into place. But how they would go about checking how much water people have in their RV's tanks and knowing there is no way the folks at the agricultural check points are going to have the resources to do it - I burst out laughing at the suggestion & can't see any government actually spending the money due to the small volumes we are talking even trying to do it, no matter how much I hated or liked them.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:47 AM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We were checking out California SP's. yesterday for our up coming trip . Several of the State Park
websites said no flush toilets ,no showers ,no dump station ,and no drinking water (bring your own drinking water) . There was another website saying that you can import water into California for your personal use but that you can not export water from California without paying a fee.
I may just stay in Oregon where it is less restrictive
and costly .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #16

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We were checking out California SP's. yesterday for our up coming trip . Several of the State Park
websites said no flush toilets ,no showers ,no dump station ,and no drinking water (bring your own drinking water) . There was another website saying that you can import water into California for your personal use but that you can not export water from California without paying a fee.
I may just stay in Oregon where it is less restrictive
and costly .
But you did get the no water discount right?
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If I am not mistaken last spring several of the California SP's closed the flush bathrooms and shower facilities, as well as dump stations due to lack of water. So its not entirely new to this year.

Steve you should not be to surprised if you don't run into some water restrictions while in Oregon this summer as well. Will they be as extreme as California's - hard to say - but its possible they may be in some areas. I know we in BC are preparing for the water restrictions already in place to be taken to the next level pretty quickly. Snow pack on the mountains is at the same level we normally see of at the end of a very dry summer, river levels are about the same. Yesterday while walking the dog I was trying to recall if I had ever seen one of our local rivers as low as it currently is - possible - but it was probable at the end of a long very hot summer - not in the spring time. In BC we have exceeded the 10 year average in regards to how many hectors of forest have been lost to wild fires so far and its only going to get worse as the forecasters are predicting a contiuned dry hot summer. A good portion of the Province is rated at High for Fire Hazard and some of it at Extreme which again is not normal for the beginning of June - more common to see in the later part of August. Oregon has also already had more than double their 10 year average for wildfires YTD and has lost almost double the hectors as well.... one of those fires is out towards the wet coast in Tillamook State forest.

From California to BC no one got anywhere near normal rain fall or snow pack in the mountains this past winter so the shortage of water is one the whole west coast is going to be facing the reality of this summer, not just California.

Lets just say I am not expecting to be able to keep my tug or trailer as clean and shine as they are today, in a month from now. :-(
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #18

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We got almost 2 1/2 times our normal rainfall in.
May (3 1/2" = May average rainfall - this May was a little over 8") Our lake is about a foot above normal water level. Seems like the West coast is being hit the hardest by drought . I called the California State Park system and they are not discounting camping fees even though they are not providing the advertised services. The rain here has helped the farmer and the crop of insects.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:12 AM   #19

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy Washington is dry, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailanneM View Post
Hey Bob,
I'm currently in the process of moving up to Chelan (& ESTATIC to be getting out of CA!!) -- I'll be living in my 25' Bigfoot while building a garage and then small retirement home on 21 acres....
Can't wait to get up to that "cool, clear, waaater...."!!!!
��
Don't be too ecstatic:

Wildfires engulf swaths of Washington state - CNN.com

Plus the record high is 106°F and the record low is -14°F

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelan,_Washington

OTOH, marijuana is legal here.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:33 AM   #20

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... No showers in Caulifornia? Do they use Eau de Toilet?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote