New Coleman grill - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Coleman just came out with the road trip portable tabletop grill to compete head to head with the ever popular Weber Q. It has a stainless burner and porcelain covered cast iron grill surface. It also sports a warmer rack and a built in thermostat in the lid. The advantage might be a smaller footprint to store as the Weber is a little bulky with it's roller duffle. Wont know the build quality until I can hold it in my hands but this is a new option for a good camp grill. Like all new Coleman products a custom fit storage tote wont be available for a few months but I think finding a Rubbermaid type of tote would be easier to find for it over the Weber Q.

Roadtrip table top grill

Roadtrip at REI
shane n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Interesting find will be curious in how it performs, but I love my WeberQ... and got if for $50 less then this one on an online promotion 2 years ago.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
any reports on the new grill?
Dan Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
On the Coleman, no, but 2 years on the Weber Q for both camping and home use and it's still solid =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita
Not impressed with quality on the Coleman road trip table top grill, poor enamel and a clip on regulator. All I saw had chipping and other flaws. I did find a grill with the quality of my Weber Q with the same cooking area but takes only a third of the storage under my bed in my Casita. Its relatively new to the market and made by Iroda who makes plumbing torches. They come in two sizes and run $95 for the small O-1000 and $149 for the larger O-3000. The build quality is on the level of my Weber and they come in six colors. My Coleman skillet fits very well like it did on my baby Q for breakfast meals. I got the O grill-1000. I added a thermometer to it and found a military surplus "flyers kit bag" that fits it like a glove for storage, they don't make a storage bag for the small grill yet.

O grill source ,home perfect
Attached Thumbnails
iroda_004__Small_.jpg   iroda_002__Small_.jpg  

iroda_005__Small_.jpg   weber_q__Small_.jpg  

shane n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
I still have to vote for my camp chef set up-I got the weekender, which comes complete with legs, and then bought the grill "add-on". Its high power makes perfect steaks and burgers, and feeds a large crowd 2-1 over other grills due to its 60k BTU's.

The steaks sear quickly, sealing in the juices...and it comes in parts, so there is no one piece that is too heavy.
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote