New FG Manufacturer? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #41

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
He holds a patent on the magic table referenced in the website (applied for two years ago.)
Sherry
Could you let us know the patent number, so that we can see what the magic table is about? There were no pictures of it that I saw on the web site.

Thanks, Andy
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Just keep googling it will come up, 14 drawings to look at. The magic table is neat. Great job park liner
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #43

Trailer: Aliner
I do hope that people will be careful with any negative posts.

If you do a Yahoo search for Lil Snoozy, several negative comments that were made here about Nicholas show up there, even though later information showed us that those speculations were unfounded.

Those posts hang around and may unfairly influence people who are searching for information on these new trailers in the future.

/rant
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #44

great point sharon, any new members can read the Sticky: "Elegance of Behavior" post in this general chat forum here at the top to get you up to speed.

Ruth C.,
You have been a long time member of the forum here. How did you ever come across this new park liner link with your ipod?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #45

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale AZ View Post
Their Facebook page was started about a month ago.

If you have a FB account you can visit their page.

Dale
Facebook page for Parkliner ultralight travel trailers
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #46

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Im curious what the front half of this looks like......I agree the 13" tires seem small but if they work..oh well. I'd also like to see the frame and it's build......maybe the tail lights? there's no pics of the camper from the back right now on the pages.
all that said.....competition is good and I like seeing this ......Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #47

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
great point sharon, any new members can read the Sticky: "Elegance of Behavior" post in this general chat forum here at the top to get you up to speed.

Ruth C.,
You have been a long time member of the forum here. How did you ever come across this new park liner link with your ipod?
I'm ashamed to admit I clicked on a pop-up ad on one of the many sites I have bookmarked on here, like Site Mash, Craigslist, Molded FG 4 sale, etc.
My obsession knows no bounds.
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #48

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Sharon G... I think some negativity goes along with any sketchy answers to questions. It must be very hard to start up a trailer Mfg. business from scratch. Not having a prototype to show and then one that's not complete does look a bit dodgy. I must admit I felt the same about TrilliumRV but they seem to have come along in the process.
I know several people who've ordered Escapes sight unseen and plopped down heavy bucks too!!! Reminds me of reading a phrase " Happy are those who haven't seen yet believe"
There's to many scams in our world now to deal with and trustworthy people are few.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #49

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_leg5ljv6xj1qaefeto1_500.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	34985no matter what you make or say.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #50
Commercial Member

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Just thought I would come online to add a few comments, and to introduce myself:

ParkLiner is my company.

The pix you see on the web right now [4/14/11] are of an unfinished trailer; I took a bunch yesterday of and will have them up shortly.

The door normally has a hood over it to shed water, and yes, it seals without the cheap closed cell foam. It has a smooth gelcoat surface on the inside, not the headliner that gets wet in the rain.

The tires are going to change, and likely the weight; so watch as the weeks go by. Also, other manufacturers post the weight of a base model with a few hundred pounds fewer features. I am including many things I think are a must with the base model, so they do add into the weight. The dry tongue weight is deliberately heavy; if you add water, heavy stuff to the bench storage, and bikes to our handy receiver, you will find it just right. I did not like the handling of a few other small trailers when loaded, especially the dangerous sway.

No rivets! Riveting through insulation is inviting leaks and inhibiting structural integrity; I can stand on on a ParkLiner roof over the cabinets, and do pull ups on the cabinets —although not many as I am a tad fat! Insulation is astro-foil with headliner material over it; I thought my competitors made a good choice on that front so I kept with it.

Much more could be said if time allowed, but...

Although I have done extensive research, planning, and testing, there is no substitute for critique and ideas from others, so I invite any that will to speak up.

As for the "community forum": my web guy uses forums, facebook, etc. and thinks that is a good service to the rest of the world.

Let's make ParkLiner the best it can be!

Best Regards, Chandler
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #51

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Chandler---thanks so much for writing to us! I think it looks like a great product and hope it takes off like wildfire!!

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #52

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Best of luck! - it looks like a thoughtfully designed attractive product.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #53

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
There ya go, straight from the man.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #54

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Chandler, do I get a free 1950 lb. sample for starting this thread? Let me know where to send my address...
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #55

Ruth scooped us all on her ipod, good job!

Chandler, Thanks for taking the time to register here, and welcome. Do you have a general idea when production will start? The website, photos, and magic table look great.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #56
Commercial Member

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
We just opened for business a couple weeks ago, and have sold two already. The website is making progress; I know it is short on photos, but you will soon be able to pan the inside and there shall be a multitude of great shots. In the interim, I'll post some pix I took yesterday as soon as I can.

Sorry folks find the "About" story a little cheezy; I do too. I didn't write it, but plan a rewrite on it as soon as time allows. It's not all about me; I have a wife, 3 children and a bunch of friends egging [pardon the pun] me on; don't know about the dogs, cats and chinchilla.

Best Regards & Moocho Thanks, Chandler
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #57

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Naw, leave the About story - it's hilarious.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #58

Well done Chandler for coming on here and silencing the 'Doubting Thomas' types like myself. Sorry for the negativity in my post, but as I also said, your product would suit me fine if I ever went down the fibreglass route.
May I wish you and your company every success and hope the ParkLiner goes from strength to strength.
Andy
PS I'm off to bring the old humble pie out of the fridge.
Andy Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #59

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Chandler.... I like the fact of no rivets outside to hold up the cabinets and insulation too. Lots of good features.....I wish you the best as you have that trailer well thought out and if i get out your way we will be sure to stop in.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #60

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
We just opened for business a couple weeks ago, and have sold two already.
Chandler, welcome to the industry and to this forum. I am a newby who is considering the Casita 17' or Lil Snoozy. New companies often use consumers when they are testing new products. I will make you the same offer I made Lil Snoozy. I will offer my service and my 1990 vintage Lincoln Town Car or other vehicle for testing the ParkLiner trailer to see how it operates in the real world conditions. I can make my services available for one to ten years if needed. I can provide the testing and traveling and you can provide the test trailer. Sounds like a good deal to me!!

Just let me know when to pick up my test ParkLiner!

Thanks,

Don in Dallas

<Well, ya can't knock a guy for tryin'! >
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote