New FG Manufacturer? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #81

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Many european trailers use Cassette Toilets, which are sort of a cross between a potty and a built in unit.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #82

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Others may feel differently but having a room with a shower and drain and a slide out of the way porta potti would be no problem for me..... my 9 gal right now i have makes me hook up to dump. 5 gal porta potti is just a walk to the dumpstation or the nearest toilet. Now boondocking is a whole nother story if no dump station is handy.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #83

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Liquid is 8.3# per gallon. I don't know what toilet paper and other things add to the weight of the 5 gallon porta potty.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #84

Trailer: Aliner
Joe, you just defined the difference in why a cassette is fine with some people, and why other people need a larger tank.

DH & I are retired. It's very important to us to get a unit that we could camp off-grid for at least a week at a time in. DH and I must dump the cassette in our Aliner every 3 days. So there's no way we can do the serious boondocking that we long to be able to do.

I have about decided that if we don't end up with a Casita, we will have to have someone custom fabricate a black tank to fit which ever unit we end up with.

I think most of the small units are engineered strictly for campground camping or short off-grid weekends.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #85

Trailer: Teardrop
Nice looking trailer, Chandler. How customizable are they? If someone didn't want the shower, would that be possible?
jon mck. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #86

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
sooooo true!

I am 6' 5" and weigh 225-230 and I can tell you this.......there is no way in the world I would want to sleep in some of these campers with such small beds. The ones out there with the queen set up is really the only way to go. Can you imagine trying to sleep in a bed that is 4' or less in width and so short you have to sleep in the fetal position all night..........that's not going to happen.

BTW.....has anyone visited this company yet?....or is this all hearsay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Another Queen bed too! Manufacturers are finally listening about bed size.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #87

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
You will find a lot of larger TTs with beds no bigger than some small ones. You really have to do your homework.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #88

Name: Aimee
Trailer: currently shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Nicely built "Egg" if i lived near Gibsonville, NC I would have to check them out..... I couldn't spot any rivets on the outside either.
It has a nice 3500lb axle but the 13" tires should be upgraded to at least 14"
Joe Z

I checked it out just now and he only has 14 inch tires now. He says he could use 13 or 14 but most people wanted 14".
aimeelightsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #89

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
14" would be okay with a 3500lb axle...... can't see a 13" tire on that weight trailer. If I get down in that area I will be sure to stop in and look too.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #90

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
I'm impressed enough with what I've seen to add it to the list of units I'm checking out before my purchase. My only real hesitation is the porta-pot or is it a cassette. I like the amount of storage and the bed size. Since I'll be full-timing I like that it has a side dinette. The rear bed would be made up all the time unless by a strange chance I have a visitor and need the extra room.

Good work Chandler and hope to hear from you soon regarding my request.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #91

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
The rear bed would be made up all the time unless by a strange chance I have a visitor and need the extra room.
Being single does have some advantages. One person can be happy in places that might crowd a couple. My thought is to keep the bed area as a bed and use the dinette for computer and other stuff. Of course, I usually sit in my recliner with my legs up and the laptop propped up on my lap. The only time I work on the computer sitting at a table is when I am actually working on a project that requires lots of "mouse action." The Lil Snoozy looks interesting. And if I remember correctly Chandler said you could leave out the sofa and put an RV recliner in its place.

For some reason, I still like the idea of having a black tank for more capacity.

Other than the Casita the L Snoozy is a good second choice.

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #92

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
Being single does have some advantages. One person can be happy in places that might crowd a couple. My thought is to keep the bed area as a bed and use the dinette for computer and other stuff. Of course, I usually sit in my recliner with my legs up and the laptop propped up on my lap. The only time I work on the computer sitting at a table is when I am actually working on a project that requires lots of "mouse action." The Lil Snoozy looks interesting. And if I remember correctly Chandler said you could leave out the sofa and put an RV recliner in its place.

For some reason, I still like the idea of having a black tank for more capacity.

D*

Chandler is the owner of the Parkliner, not the L Snoozy...
Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #93

California
Does anyone know if the tongue/hitch weight of 340 lbs would be ok for a Toyota Tacoma v6? This is the Parkliner's spec for that weight.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #94

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Lil Snoozy has a tongue weight of 260 with a steel tank and will be lighter yet when Nicholas puts on the Fiberglass propane tank so keep that in mind if you need a lighter tongue.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #95

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post

D*
I guess I need to talk to Chandler. Maybe I'll give him a call later this week on my day off (soon every day I'll be off, can't wait). Now if I could get a recliner in there that would be wonderful. I can sleep in a smaller size space. On the Lil Snoozy website I don't see much in the way of information. Is it a phantom trailer?
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #96

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Go here to check out the Lil Snoozy----it's a real camper, and melissa has one ordered! Now you'll really have a hard decision!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ndy-45611.html
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #97

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelightsey View Post
Does anyone know if the tongue/hitch weight of 340 lbs would be ok for a Toyota Tacoma v6? This is the Parkliner's spec for that weight.
I'm pretty sure your Taco is 350 tongue, 3500 tow.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #98

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelightsey View Post
Chandler is the owner of the Parkliner, not the L Snoozy...
Ooops...I got my trailers wrong!! The lil Soozy guys have been posting on here also.

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #99

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
I'm pretty sure your Taco is 350 tongue, 3500 tow.

Yes, you are right about the rating. I guess I meant to ask about people's experience towing -- is it bad to have it so close to the max? I have never towed anything....
Old 05-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #100

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
If 340 on the tongue is the light weight then that's going to go over 350 when loaded up, that seems awful high for a small trailer.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote