New FG Manufacturer? - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #121

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Roger, that sounds great! To answer your question, I believe the Lil Snoozy can be purchased absolutely empty if you wish. So I'm sure if you want to have a few things in there (bed platform, cabinetry?) but not other things (like sofa, for instance), they can do it. The Snoozy is not supposed to need any bulkheads or anything inside to lend structural rigidity; therefore it's probably the most ideal choice for what you have in mind. By contrast, Scamps, Casitas and the like have benches and stuff molded in, and some of the inside stuff is actually needed to support the egg.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #122

Name: Roger
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Roger, that sounds great! To answer your question, I believe the Lil Snoozy can be purchased absolutely empty if you wish. So I'm sure if you want to have a few things in there (bed platform, cabinetry?) but not other things (like sofa, for instance), they can do it. The Snoozy is not supposed to need any bulkheads or anything inside to lend structural rigidity; therefore it's probably the most ideal choice for what you have in mind. By contrast, Scamps, Casitas and the like have benches and stuff molded in, and some of the inside stuff is actually needed to support the egg.
That's just what I wanted to find out. I'll be calling them tomorrow to discuss further. I'll let you all know what is going on. Thanks again!

Roger
Roger O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #123

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Sorry for my late reply, Roger. I've been out all day. Ditto to what Mike said.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #124

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Anyone get their facebook page to come up? Or maybe its just dead with my browser? thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #125

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Scamp Construction

At least in my Scamp, all interior fiberglass bulkheads are screwed in and can realtively easyily be removed.

It is also my experience that all the internal components greatly strengthen the structure. I suspect that any of the Fiberglass units can be towed without their internals but I'm certain that all of them are a lot stiffer with their internal components.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #126

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
At least in my Scamp, all interior fiberglass bulkheads are screwed in and can realtively easyily be removed.

It is also my experience that all the internal components greatly strengthen the structure. I suspect that any of the Fiberglass units can be towed without their internals but I'm certain that all of them are a lot stiffer with their internal components.
Scamp actually will sell a "Blank Slate." No windows, etc. But, it comes with an egress vent on the roof and a closet across from the door. Something has to hold the roof up and Scamp won't sell it without door framing or the closet because of that reason.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #127

Must have been down for Maintenance yesterday.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #128

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
+1 Pretty sure you can buy one empty as I talked with Nick about that.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #129

Just a FYI this conversation was 5 months ago.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #130

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
any updates on the parkliners lately?
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #131

A few new facebook photos posted. A bit larger porta potti and cubby for it, but does not look like the 5 gallon model. Hard to tell.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #132

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
i haven't been in on this thread yet, but just thought i'd add my 2 cents worth. i really like the look of this parkliner. it is clean, the storage is excellent and the queen sized bed makes me green with envy. i think i'll check out both parkliner and l'il snoozy if we decide to head south this winter.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #133

This might go well with the parkliner porta potti route
Thetford
Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #134

Hey NC folks, is it true Hunger Games fans are flocking to Henry River Mill Village, NC? I see it's about an hour and a half from Gibsonville/Parkliner. I wondered if it has been in your local news.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #135

Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
I dont know. been in Gulfport, ms. last 2 weeks, nearly impossible to use a computer from a parkliner, there....
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote