New fiberglass player.....Airstream! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2016, 10:27 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
The original plan was to offer a select few gel coat color options, as well as tow vehicle color matching with paint.

"Dove" is a very light, warm gray color.

Airstream will likely be bringing the interior styling more in line with their other offerings. However, Nest featured painted furniture-grade plywood cabinetry, not fiberglass.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #22

Name: Warren
Trailer: Oliver
New Hampshire
FYI

Airstream to build fiberglass Nest Caravan - Outside Interests

Buzzy
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #23

New Hampshire
I do hope our Fiberglass RV gentle readers will have an opportunity to read the article in the "Outside Interests" publication listed above. Clearly both Robert and Airstream have high expectations for Nest.

I am curious as to the typical buyer. Will he/she be first time RV buyers, or an Airstream wannabe who see this as their entry level purchase or perhaps an existing fiberglass RV owner who wants something different? I suspect Airstream will need to sort that out in an effort to focus their marketing.

Thoughts?

Buzzy
Old 04-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My thoughts are, everytime I've tried to click on it, my Barracuda filter is BLOCKING the site! Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
I do hope our Fiberglass RV gentle readers will have an opportunity to read the article in the "Outside Interests" publication listed above. Clearly both Robert and Airstream have high expectations for Nest.

I am curious as to the typical buyer. Will he/she be first time RV buyers, or an Airstream wannabe who see this as their entry level purchase or perhaps an existing fiberglass RV owner who wants something different? I suspect Airstream will need to sort that out in an effort to focus their marketing.

Thoughts?

Buzzy
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #25

New Hampshire
Darral,

You might try the link below which takes you over to the Airforum. (Seek the bottom of the thread for the link to the article.) As you would expect their conversations have begun. Beware, they can have strong opinions! Oh my!

New less expensive Airstream - Page 53 - Airstream Forums

Hope this helps.
Buzzy
Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #26

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
“I’ve read many times on the fiberglass RV forum online, ‘Nest is the Airstream of fiberglass trailers’,” laughed Johans. “So Nest may already be the perfect fit for them.”

His thread was a long one and I bet he got some other good ideas from this forum. This bunch of people is nice and honest with their advice and opinions.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:30 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I still don't understand how you keep the other guy from seeing your cards when you are sitting side by side.
And, where do you put the clean dishes to dry after you wash them? On the bed?
Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #28

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
You might try the link below which takes you over to the Airforum. (Seek the bottom of the thread for the link to the article.) As you would expect their conversations have begun. Beware, they can have strong opinions! Oh my!
Just read most of the 53 pages on this topic at Airforums. What a hoot! They're as opinionated as we are . I found a couple of sentences I though you folks might like to read.

Fiberglass trailers: Little plastic trailers and looking like a Clorox bottle.

Cynicism aside, it will also allow Airstream to connect in an exciting way with a second unique and interesting group of rabid fans: Fiberglass RV-ers.

Saying that Airstream is the best of the lot sets the quality hurdle pretty darn low....

If Airstream thinks they know it all and put this chap in a closet, we will see the same poor results that we see every day with the 80 year old design that should be idiot proof...

the "fiberglass tubs" that you are belittling have been the force of innovation in an industry plagued by QC issues, which also seems to be frozen in time. Airstream’s design has not changed since 1970s...

Go Nest GO!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:48 AM   #29

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
cautiously optimistic

Laura and I have been talking about this for a little while now and are watching with great interest. I love the clean lines of the exterior and am hoping for more head room inside like the Egg Camper and others. Laura is skeptical so we balance this off each other very well.