New here - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2003, 07:14 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New here

Hi all. I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot from me as I embark upon my first ever trailer reno! It sounds like there is a lot of knowledge around here!

I found myself a 1970 FG trailer yesterday, and I hope to take it on it's maiden voyabe this August. It's not a boler, but looks a lot like it. The roof has a raised area that is the major difference. It was manufactured in Alberta, Canada (I forget the exact details and I won't be picking my unit up until next weekend) Any ideas about what type of trailer this is? The body is in great shape, but the interior is rough! I will eventually gut the whole thing. I have a smaller vehicle so I am also interested in lightening the unit up as much as possible. I will be making the new cupboard doors using lightweight MDF moldings for the frames with corplast in the centers. Anyone have any great ideas for alternate dining table materials that would be easy to find?

Thnaks, and I look forward to talking with you all.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:31 PM   #2

Hi Lainey
Welcome to this form.You will find lots of ideas and help here.When you post photos someone may be able to help you with its name.Post lots and enjoy.:wave

Old 05-20-2003, 08:06 PM   #3

Alternate materials

Hi Lainey,

Welcome. I just refitted all the cabinet doors and replaced the table with Clear Alpine pine 3/4 inch shelving material. It comes in varying lengths and widths. Very lightwieght.
I gave it 4 coats of satin poly. I have an 81' Burro 13 ft. Burros have no carpeting on the walls, just gelcaot fiberglass, so with the white fiberglass and the clear alpine doors and table it looks like Ikea inside.
Not sure how well the pine will hold up, but it looks like it will be alright. I'll know better after our trip to Yellowstone in JUly.

Old 05-20-2003, 09:41 PM   #4

This one sounds just like that gray one, David posted a picture of. will be interesting to see if they are alike.

Old 05-20-2003, 10:59 PM   #5

Jana - I looked at that grey one - they do have a lot of similarities, but the windows are all different. I'm thinking the closest thing I've seen is the Acorn trailer. It might be that, but I will have a better look when I get it home.

Pete - good tip about the pine - I will look into that. It's a pretty soft wood, but with enough laquer it could make a nice looking table top.

Forgot to mention - I picked my unit up for $500 ! Can you believe that?!

Old 05-26-2003, 02:03 PM   #6

Hi Wendy. Glad you came over to help us out. why not start a new thread and tells all about your redo. :wub as I'm working at one myself and need all the help/advise I can get. :)

Old 05-26-2003, 08:17 PM   #7

Hi Wendy

Look forward to exchanging ideas with you!

PS - I figured out that my trailer is indeed a BOLER! YAY! It was manufactured in Peace River, Alberta, in 1970 and according to some of our other esteemed bolerites, that should make it offically a Boler.