New old owner, or old new owner? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
In about 8 more hours, I'll be taking a 573.5 mile drive from my home in Oklahoma to inspect and hopefully (95% sure) pick up my first egg. It's a 1985 U Haul, the 13' camper model.

The pics of the inside look very good. The outside is old and tired. Hey, we match. But, I just paid my sons truck repair bill. So I have some free labor coming. He can polish it up for me!

First stop is the tire store. Actually, the service truck is coming straight out to me. New shoes.

Second on the list, bug bomb time. Third, haul to KOA, 2.5 miles away. My son and I expect to sleep in it Friday night without being eaten alive by hitch-hiking critters.

One pancake breakfast later and back to Oklahoma. Hope all goes well. Pictures to follow.
drews60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Best of luck to you, hope EVERYTHING works out 100% to your satisfaction. safe!

Soon you'll be able to change RV type from "None" to "U-Haul" through My Controls! Maybe add a signature as well

When you get the opportunity, post some pictures...we all like to

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
Congrats and have a great trip! Exciting isn't it? You and your son will have a blast cleaning up your trailer and you can get great ideas from this site regarding all kinds of fix-ups and modifications!

When you get back, give us a post regarding the trip and your new-to-you trailer!

Happy Trails Ya'll
Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
So glad you found your egg!!!!! We are excited for you and with you. Keep us posted and have a safe trip.

Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU

Yep, I'm an egg owner. I bought that 13' U Haul from a very nice couple in New Mexico. Stayed the night in it at the local KOA. Thanks God for inventing Mr. Heater. We didn't have time to verify the propane system. Mr. Heater kept us nice and warm.

Towed back home 573.5 miles. Best towing trailer I've ever owned. The rooftop a/c swamp cooler cover broke off. But I recovered it. Will have to fix it. Just something else to add to the list. Short list too. The CT is in good shape overall.
drews60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
Quote:

Yep, I'm an egg owner. I bought that 13' U Haul from a very nice couple in New Mexico. Stayed the night in it at the local KOA. Thanks God for inventing Mr. Heater. We didn't have time to verify the propane system. Mr. Heater kept us nice and warm.

Towed back home 573.5 miles. Best towing trailer I've ever owned. The rooftop a/c swamp cooler cover broke off. But I recovered it. Will have to fix it. Just something else to add to the list. Short list too. The CT is in good shape overall.
Glad you made it back safe and sound. I have a 13' Scamp and you're right... They tow fantastic. My wife and I love ours to death. We live about 30 miles from Glacier National Park, but sadly don't get a whole lot of time to take it out... Next year...

Stay in tune with this site because there is a wealth of information here as well as a whole bunch of really good people who can and will help you through anything...
Pat R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Drews60 and congratulations on that good looking U-Haul. We love our Scamp 13, and know you will have great adventures with your Egg, too. Hope to you out 'n about in the future ... be sure to attend one (or all) of the FG rallies - Oregon Gathering in July is terrific.

Wishing you safe journeys and a blissful retirement, doin' Egg-actly what you want to do! L 'n D
Old 11-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:

Hi: Seems like you have invested in the best retirement "Nest Egg" Enjoy the next 2+ yrs. and remember...when every one is up to their @$$ in alligators your job is to drain the swamp Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote