New Parkliner 16 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #21

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
$29,988 (before taxes and fees of course)

Little Guy 2017 2017 PARKLINER 16
That price seems to be the base price, without options. I wonder what is included in the base price. When I ordered my 2017, it didn't include the flush toilet, awning, refrigerator, furnace, dual burner range, water heater, air conditioner, screen door, etc. Those were all options that you had to pay more for.
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #22

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
Price

This is what happens when dealers get involve. Now it's a free market and prices will be all over the place. That's why mf campers are also so attractive cuz when u buy direct the price is the price. This lg thing ain't gonna work.
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #23

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
30 grand for a 16 foot trailer, base price. Hmm, not for me. A new Escape 19 nicely loaded with options can be had for less than that to US buyers. Yeah, I know about the insulated hull, but to my mind it's overpriced for the size.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #24
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The link says the manufacturer is little guy?
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #25
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
30 grand for a 16 foot trailer, base price. Hmm, not for me. A new Escape 19 nicely loaded with options can be had for less than that to US buyers. Yeah, I know about the insulated hull, but to my mind it's overpriced for the size.
Way back when we ordered and then cancelled an Escape 15. Why? Not enough ventilation especially when it rains. Here in the Northeast there are no hookups so air-conditioning is useless. What works for some doesn't for others. We were going to look at the Parkliner, when the price was $17k but they never returned out email.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy54 View Post
That price seems to be the base price, without options. I wonder what is included in the base price. When I ordered my 2017, it didn't include the flush toilet, awning, refrigerator, furnace, dual burner range, water heater, air conditioner, screen door, etc. Those were all options that you had to pay more for.
You know this makes Escapes, Casitas, and Scamps look really Good, deal wise.
I toured one of these new Parkliners at the “ Eggshells on the Outter Banks Rally” that they had on display. Buetifull looking rig but not 30,000 before options buetifull. Little Guy Max, another real nice rig. Well thought out. But in the same price range, with maybe all the potential problems as other stick builds. Time will tell.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #27

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Little Guy built our previous camper T@B. We bought it new in 2013 and it served us well. But we could see short cuts that were taken and sloppy workmanship as we had it. It was our first camper so we learned a lot. When we first picked up the camper from the RV dealer the right side break lights on the camper wouldn't work. The dealership tried blaming it on our TV not being wired right, but we took it to a dealership near us and the camper was wired wrong! The potential future problems, leaks etc were extremely high. We sold it and will be picking up our new Snoozy soon. If I was considering a new 2018 Parkliner by Little Guy, I would go over one with a fine tooth comb just based on our past experience with their workmanship! Just my 2 cents.
Little Guy does not build T@B's, Little Guy was just a distributor of the brand, much like nüCamp now (NuCamp is owned by Pleasant Valley and is just their marketing and distribution arm). T@B's are still manufactured by Pleasant Valley at the same plant.

Members of my family own two T@B's one is a 2007 purchased new, the other is a 2015 purchased used (two years ago). Neither have had any real problems.

The 2007 has had its converted changed twice over the last 10 years, unknown if it was a fault in the converter or bad camp site (same owner took their new 2017 27' limited edition airstream on a trip and the camp connection went up in smoke and killed the converter), I think they just pick shady sites. The converter in the T@B is $130 and it took me 30min to replace.

The only real problem is that the jack is a very poor design, it uses a turn handle to hold it in place (you can adjust the height even before cranking it). It is prone to wiggle loose on the rood and drop down, ripping off the rubber tire when you are going high way speeds. Most people I see just use a chain or bungee cords to hold it up.

No leaks, no maintenance to stop leaks. Double layer windows, very nice heating and cooling system (I really like the coolcat heatpump they use).

No short cuts or sloppy workmanship. I have been very impressed with the T@B's quality.

They also have very good resale value. The 2007 was 13k when new, same model year goes for 10k now. New ones are pricey though, 20-22k is a lot for a little trailer.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #28
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Just out of curiosity.....
Here is the sticker price for a similarly equipped unit that has been quite favorabley recieved on this forum. What are your thoughts here?
Attached Thumbnails
E517A335-FBBA-4E11-98D8-8B02AD5BF3BC.jpg  
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #29

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Here is the sticker price for a similarly equipped unit that has been quite favorabley recieved on this forum. What are your thoughts here?
Not for me (too small, no tanks, etc) but seems like a well built and innovative design. To each their own. With no AC it's also a non starter in South Texas, unless you park it for half the year or camp elsewhere.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #30

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
New Parkliner 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
The obvious... It shares certain similarities with the new Parkliner: double hull, composite floor, high-end price. Beyond that, though, they're targeting a different style of camping. The Parkliner is a cleverly packaged, full-featured RV. The Happier Camper is more of an outdoor recreation pod.

It did strike me that a base Scamp 13 starts at $10K and a Scamp 16 at $15K, about 50% more. A base Happier Camper 13 starts at about $20K and a Parkliner 16 at $30K, also about 50% more. In that sense, the two high-end offerings are comparably priced at roughly double an entry-level Scamp. I realize that's a very crude comparison, as the base S13 comes with more standard features than a base HC1, while a base S16 has fewer features than a base P16.

Quote:
Not for me (too small, no tanks, etc) but seems like a well built and innovative design. To each their own. With no AC it's also a non starter in South Texas, unless you park it for half the year or camp elsewhere.
A/C is available on the Happier Camper. I don't think that would change your mind in any way, but it might influence someone else's decision.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Lots of stuff is available for HC1 as options. Appears there is no plumbing for sink, toilet, propane. All those are "portable", running off little bottles.
You can buy a one-burner butane stove for less than $30 at any Korean or Chinese grocery store.
Pic is "Add Ons".
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 7.44.00 PM.png  
Old 11-02-2017, 07:02 AM   #32

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
some folks

some folks would not consider a scamper with a 10k starting price but they would love the other at the 30k starting price!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #33

Name: Ray
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (Pick up in April 2018)
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
some folks would not consider a scamper with a 10k starting price but they would love the other at the 30k starting price!

bob
Not sure I understand Bob.
MrBig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #34

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
reasons

for the same reason some people like mercedeees and bmws. the higher priced the better!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #35

Arizona
Registry
If folks are looking to make a status statement with their trailer, I really don't think Parkliner is where they'll be looking. A certain shiny aluminum make pretty much has that segment wrapped up.

None of that mass-market stuff for me, though...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bowlus.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	113452
Old 11-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #36

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Base price of the Escape 17' is $20,000 USD at current exchange rate with Canada ($25,500 CAD). http://escapetrailer.com/trailers/the-17-foot-escape/
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:35 AM   #37

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
None of that mass-market stuff for me, though...
Jon,

Great choice! And, we will certainly want to acquire correspondingly nice tow vehicles to go with our new Road Chiefs! And, one of the other great things is how these trailers seem to come with their own spots located right on the ocean shore, apart from the unwashed riff-raff, or nestled on the lakeside, with nary a bent blade of grass in site!

Getting back to the subject at hand, I don't see that anyone has mentioned the MSRP aspect, emphasizing the "suggested" retail price. RV prices are traditionally discounted, what, some 20 to 30% off the top in the broader industry? Does this apply to these newer entries from these smaller manufacturers? I don't know.

Also, for what it may be worth, I saw Little Guy providing what I considered to be exceptional after-sale service a few years ago when they were on our radar for a potential teardrop purchase. They were addressing some product flaws with what I thought to be tremendous integrity. Mind you, I haven't followed whether the ownership and policies are the same at this time. But I was very impressed by what I saw a few years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
bowlus-road-chief-xl.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #38

Georgia
There is no msrp traditionally on molded fiber glass. That's what has been so great about this part of the industry. Price is price but once you bring in the dealer i.e. Middle man then you get the wheel and deal. Yuk
Old 11-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #39

Georgia
Manufacturer direct to public i meant
Old 11-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #40

Arizona
Registry
I think that's the point here. Parkliner is now selling through a dealer network.

Will there be "wheeling and dealing"? Certainly not at first, I think. Perhaps some later, depending on inventory. Bigfoot also sells through dealers and there is discounting from what I see. Will there also be padding with dealer adds- the RV equivalent of window tint and alarm systems- to make room for "discounts"? Dunno.

Tags
parkliner