New Que - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 17.7 ft Sunline Que SE (Ice Queb) / 2005 Ford F-150 V-6
Hello everyone, I've been reading topics and posts here for quite some time now trying to decide on what little TT my wife and i would go with, we seriously considered a Casita but in the end were so impressed with the new Sunline Que SE that we went for it and pick it up in Colorado next weekend. We appreciate this site because it has been very informative Thanks Que site http://sunlinerv.com/images/files/quebrochure_lo.pdf
Dave Schaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Glad you guys got a trailer. Sorry you didn't buy a fiberglass rv!

My wife and I looked at some stick built trailers but we just didn't want one because we plan to have our trailer for a very long time and our experience with friends and family who have traditionally constructed travel trailers is that they all have problems with roof leaks and frame failures of one degree or another.

Yes, you make some trade-offs on space, but we felt we could exist comfortably in the space provided by a Casita. We were right.

Congratulations on the Que. It looks like a very attractive trailer!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Dave

Your Que looks like a nice trailer - roomy and very well planned. I know you will enjoy your Que as much as we enjoy our Casita. You researched for what you needed and wanted and found it.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Sorry you didn't buy a [b]fiberglass rv!

our experience with friends and family who have [b]traditionally constructed travel trailers is that they all have problems with roof leaks and frame failures of one degree or another.
The QUE has aluminum framed walls with [b]fiberglass sheet skin.
(gotta love a trailer named after a STAR TREK character!)

Well, judging by the Casita Liberty that has been gutted out and offered for sale on eBay, Molded fiberglass isn't immune to leaks, either. ...and an aluminum frame just might be a better choice than wood. Think of all the vintage Airstreams still around.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Glad you guys got a trailer. Sorry you didn't buy a fiberglass rv!

My wife and I looked at some stick built trailers but we just didn't want one because we plan to have our trailer for a very long time and our experience with friends and family who have traditionally constructed travel trailers is that they all have problems with roof leaks and frame failures of one degree or another.

Yes, you make some trade-offs on space, but we felt we could exist comfortably in the space provided by a Casita. We were right.

Congratulations on the Que. It looks like a very attractive trailer!

Actually they have a aluminum frame work with a fibergass skin, but it was still a tough decision going with something other than a Full fiberglass such as a Casita, but we were also very impressed with the warantee of a Que, 12 years on the roof alone, 2 on the TT and it's fully transferable, But we have learned alot here Thanks
Old 02-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #6
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Congratulations. Well, since you didn't go with a molded fiberglass unit, I think you've made a good choice. Sunline trailers seem to last a very long time. I must admit they look like great trailers and are a very good size.

I notice that you are in Oklahoma. I didn't think there were any Sunline dealers in this area. Where'd you find one????

Again, congratulations, and happy trails! I'll wave if I see a Que passing me on the road.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Congratulations. Well, since you didn't go with a molded fiberglass unit, I think you've made a good choice. Sunline trailers seem to last a very long time. I must admit they look like great trailers and are a very good size.

I notice that you are in Oklahoma. I didn't think there were any Sunline dealers in this area. Where'd you find one????

Again, congratulations, and happy trails! I'll wave if I see a Que passing me on the road.
Actually they are pretty hard to come by right now, the Kansas dealer has none so i got one in Colorado, In Seattle they had a RV show which sold 3 on site and 3 more on order, so even though we may have to drive a little we'll be set for summer instead of a waiting list.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #8

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Looks like a nice trailer! Anxious to hear more about it after you have it.

Happy Travels---

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:21 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Dave supplied a link for the brochure; here's the regular web page: Que 5.4

It does look like a nice unit. The option of rear or side door placement is certainly novel, and the lounge/storage configuration in the front of the side-door variation is interesting. The wood looks great, the finish seems very nice in the images, and there are some thoughtful touches (such as the reading lamps in the corners of the lounge in the rear-door model on the website).

The "concealed" propane storage gives it a very tidy appearance. I didn't realize until I read the feature description that it was the lack of stuff scattered on the tongue - in addition to the curved front panel - that makes it look good to me.

With all of the "European" comments in the brochure, what appears to be a Dometic stove/sink unit, and the surprising (for the U.S.) use of a metric designation for the model ("5.4", as in 5.4 metres long), I have to wonder if it is a European design built in North America, like the T@B.

It does seem heavy for the body size: it is about the same length as any of the 17' units (Boler, Casita, Burro, Bigfoot...), and between the Casita and Boler in width, but it's significantly heavier than my Boler.

I wonder how a moulded fiberglass rendition of the same shape, size, and configuration would compare, such as in weight and price?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	maiden_voyage_0002.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1768
Actually the sink stove combo are made in Germany, and the cherry cabinetry is very nice and quite sturdy, i saw a 220 pound salesman hang from the upper cabinets, another factor in deciding on the Que was i believe their warantee is one of the best in the business, But we are enjoying it and are totally satisfied with it.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:19 AM   #11

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
[quote]
Attachment 1768

That is okay, I am sure you are satisfied with your purchase, and that it meets your needs and price range at this point in time.

I am thinking, though, that it is like going on an Mac/Apple site and saying you've decided on Microsoft! Best of luck!

Personally, I am in a mixed marriage: my husband is Microsoft and I am of the Mac religion. He buys a computer that is half the price and full of spam so must be replaced every two years, while my Mac costs twice as much and lasts at least twice as long. And is (almost) spam-less for four years, or more.

The Boler we bought is mine: all fibreglass, no leaks, lasts a long long time. Thus the need for a forum like this, where owners help owners.

Embrace the Plaid!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #12

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Nice looking camper there Dave especially the interior. From their website, it looks like a lot of the Que's standard features weren't available as options on our Scamp and maybe not even from Casita. Hang around here and let us know how everything works in the field.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #13

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
I dont know about any one els but I would like to see it looks grate ! Any chance you might go to the bluebonnet fest in April ? WE are and going through mcallester on the 5th of april . jakebrake said that hav a few that weren't mftt even a motorhome last year ,and that every one is welcome .
Old 03-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #14

I'd like to thank those who have shown interest in a new type of fiberglass TT's But on the other hand it appears by some of the posts if the TT isn't a MOLDED FIBERGLASS TT there are those who take offense at posting on this site
Old 03-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #15

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
... it appears by some of the posts if the TT isn't a MOLDED FIBERGLASS TT there are those who take offense at posting on this site

Sorry if I offended you, Dave, with my lame Macintosh/Microsoft joke, was trying to be funny.... (where's the smilie that's all red in the face with embarassment?)

Again, my apologies, all fibreglassers welcome!

Char
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Dave, we aren't offended about your postings. But, this site IS about molded lightweight fiberglass trailers. Even a molded motorhome/truck camper doesn't fit into that category in the puriest sense. There could very possibly be questions you have, that we can't answer. And that's the rub. Dave, then too, do not be offended if anyone points you to another site that may better suit your needs. In the meantime, hang out and share your camping experiences, etc. ...you'll find we're a pretty helpful/friendly group

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #17

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
FIBERGLASSRV, THAT'S WHERE WE ARE. On the Home Page it gives a list of fiberglass travel trailers, but it doesn't say that it is limited to owners of those TTs listed. The first TT listed is Amerigo, and I believe they made truck slide-ins.

The new Que owner might not be able to have specific questions answered here, as it is not molded fiberglass, but we would still like to hear about his adventures, I am sure.

It is because I have a molded fiberglass motorhome that I first came here, but reading about the 'eggs', made me want one. I even visited the Casita factory here in TX, but decided on 'baby steps' and start with a used fiberglass trailer.

This is the place to find out how to feed, care, and repair molded figerglass rigs, inside and out, so that's why we are here, whether we have a truck camper or motor home or genuine 'egg'.
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I think I'll get myself in trouble and jump in on this one.
Most of the conversations are about Fiberglass Travel Trailers. That kind of makes it a fiberglass travel trailer site. That doesn't mean that others are not welcome. I don't Donna in any way meant to imply that.

This conversation makes me think of some of my early days cross country skiing. One my favorite places to go was a place the local snowmobile club groomed trails for their use. They did all the work and I got to play on their trails. I never lost track of where I was, I was using their trails, their warming cabin, their wood stove and wood for fire in the cabin. I do thank them very much for allowing us to play on their playground. They were nice to me and I was nice to them and we all had lots of fun playing in the snow, but I always remembered it was their playground.

The lesson here is let's all try to be nice to each other, we do have RV camping in common as above we all had the desire to play in the snow.

(stepping down from soap box now.)
Old 03-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #19

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Dave,
Well, all I can say is that when we sold our Casita, they said we could stay on this forum---good thing because I think the people here are great.

We loved our Casita, but we are now looking at buying a pop-up truck slide in camper that is a metal frame with a fiberglass cover (Outfitter)---we think it will fit our next travel plans.

I really hope to hear more about your trailer, and your travel experiences.

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote