New Scamp owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
I brought home my NTM 2002 16 foot side dinette Scamp today.

The inside is immaculate. Hardly looks used. I don't think the shower has ever been used. The outside looks like it has been sitting out in the sun for 8 years. Looks like it hasn't been washed in 8 years either.

I think a little elbow grease, polish and wax will spruce her right up. Although, the bottom half seems to have a little yellow tinge to it. Suppose the sun has done that.

I'm quite pleased and think I have gotten a good deal on a nice rig. I'll post some pictures in a few days.

Donna and Jane, thanks for your input and assistance with this. I'll be talking to both of you.

Guess now I'm really a member of this board. Yippee !! (now I gotta figure out what to do with my Coleman Taos tent trailer. I still love that rig too !).

Charlie

charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congratulations Charlie! A little sweat equity goes a long way to improve the appearance. Now you can change your RV type from None to 2002 16' Scamp!!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 13 ft Scamp
Congratulations!! I just got a NTM baby last week. I Get up every morning and check to see if she's still there and really mine!! I am planning a test night in the yard soon-let us all know how your first sleep over goes.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth TXorMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Welcome Charlie! Congrats on your new glass egg! Enjoy it!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
I still have the excitement for my trailer(s) even though it's been a number of years! I peek out my window every night before I go to bed just to make sure all is well and that there are no critters around my trailer of the 2-legged kind. They are safely in my fenced back yard but you just never know these days.

Elizabeth, have you bought a hitch lock yet? It would give you a little more peace of mind knowing that someone would have to go to a lot of trouble to break that lock off in order to hook up the trailer. We use the Gorilla locks which are very sturdy. Helps us rest easy when we leave the house for any length of time.

Also when you get time, look into insuring your trailer. It's not very expensive and would also make you feel better about your new investment. My 13' insurance runs about $88 for six months which isn't bad and my 17' is just a little over $100.

I'm so happy for all you guys with your new or new-to-you trailers - the fun is just beginning!

Patty
Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp