new small fiberglass bodied motorhome - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2018, 05:47 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
new small fiberglass bodied motorhome

i don't often think about motorhomes but, when i do, from now on the The Chausson Flash 634 will be in my brain. it's small (21ft), built on a ford transit platform and has a fiberglass cabin. now, here's the (for me) bad news...those power assisted beds, that rise to the ceiling when it's not sleep time. i travel solo (and like it that way). the thought of cramming 4 more people into that small space doesn't seem to me a recipe for a good night's sleep. also, i'm a bit of a skeptic regarding the power system involved...sounds expensive to fix. i'm wondering if a custom build could be arranged? yeah, it's pricey especially if you spring for the upgrade model which adds more engine power and air conditioning. that's not an "option" but a necessity as far as i'm concerned.

you can check out the propaganda here... https://newatlas.com/chausson-swiss-...torhome/56783/

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick crawford View Post
i don't often think about motorhomes but, when i do, from now on the The Chausson Flash 634 will be in my brain. it's small (21ft), built on a ford transit platform and has a fiberglass cabin. now, here's the (for me) bad news...those power assisted beds, that rise to the ceiling when it's not sleep time. i travel solo (and like it that way). the thought of cramming 4 more people into that small space doesn't seem to me a recipe for a good night's sleep. also, i'm a bit of a skeptic regarding the power system involved...sounds expensive to fix. i'm wondering if a custom build could be arranged? yeah, it's pricey especially if you spring for the upgrade model which adds more engine power and air conditioning. that's not an "option" but a necessity as far as i'm concerned.

you can check out the propaganda here... https://newatlas.com/chausson-swiss-...torhome/56783/

p@
This motorhome is being manufactured in France. It is not available in the USA.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Pretty innovative. More than the 3 beds raise and lower. The rear furniture box cranks up to enlarge the garage. It "comfortably" holds 4, & can accomodate 5 (cot). Standard is a 123hp 2 liter. A 168hp 2 liter is optional. Expensive gas. It heats space & maybe water with gasoline, appears cooking is propane.

The 3 or 4 lifts are loosely analogous to slide outs [up]. Because they don't protrude to the exterior it might be much tighter than slide units. There are domestic units with beds that raise, but this raises it to a new level. Sure, the pun was intended. Why do people say, pun not intended?

Anyway, if the system works well, it will spread. I think its chances are good.

PS, I guessed, and my guess was wrong. I read about the space heater running off the engine fuel. I was curious about whether there was also propane on board. I looked at stove pictures and went to Chausson's website. I should have figured that it was a diesel engine, being Europe. But as I recall it said fuel. My Sprinter is diesel, and in Europe the default van fuel is diesel. Of course gasoline is too volatile/combustable. I was politely informed these are diesel units. Tip of the hat to Brian.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 05:50 PM   #4

Name: J
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Old thread but howz about Canada? Home of the Boler.
doogymon is offline   Reply With Quote