We picked up our 91 Casita
just 8 days ago, on a Monday, and been working like a slave to get it ready to camp in. Of course when purchased, seller said "No Leaks" but the first night we had a "monsoon" storm and an "made for auto" sunroof may not have been even there.
There was water over the newly replaced floor.
Tuesday a trip to my RV dealer go purchase a sky-light to cover the whole of the sunroof and a few other obvious parts took up most of the day but weather report was for no rain for next few days. Wife got the curtains in and washed them and I inspected the trailer a little closer. Checked fridge
operation, Good: Furnace
operation, Good: Electrical
system, Good. Will need to check plumbing and water heater, after I get water into system.
Wed: Wife and I got an early start but still took almost 6 hours to install the sky-light with each and every bolt needing to be cut to the perfect length to accept acorn nut and squish the butyl tape enough so I know it was sealed
36 bolts in all. Needless to say up and down on ladder down to my shop in basement....Leg cramps tonight for sure...I was right!!!
Thurs: Took the day off. Too beat up to work on it.
Fri: A little over night rain showed my sky-light was a 100% fix but found a drip where previous owner built out the door but this drip was outside the fiber glass but was still landing on new floor so Dicor on this seam and "what the Hell" may as well take all roof vents off and re-seal with butyl tape.
I then found extensive floor damage under a draw in front of camper which needed immediate attention as the body to frame mounting bolt was rusted right off. Got rotten floor all cleaned out and cut new board to fit area.
Enough for today.
Sat: Saturated board with poly and made a u-bolt to re-attach body to frame. While wife was sanding down birch table top to refinish.
While under the camper noticed gas lines just hanging. and waste plumbing pipes were loose and not even glued at some points. Got water into system with bleach to clean tank. No leaks
in pipes and water pump acts as should. Water heater heated on Elec. and gas. OHH HAPPY DAY.
Sun: Took day off to move my big 5th wheel down to lot on highway so it may sell if people can see it. Need to get some personal stuff out of it and took the convection/microwave out because wife wants it in the house so we just put in our small microwave
in it's place.
Mon: Wife wet/cleaned all walls and ceiling in camper while I covered gas piping with rubber hose to protect it where it snakes it way under the iron frame and re hung it all. I then tried out the masserator pump and it worked fine just to pump water out, then I drained bleach/water after locating the 3 leaky joints and glued them and make sure all was secure to frame.
Another check of list of things to-do.
Tues: Wife finished on table and I did a bit of rewiring to make pig tail longer. When picking trailer up every right hand turn ripped the plug out of the Tow vehicle socket. I also rewired some sloppy wire job inside one of the cupboards so when packing we wont hit them and cause a short.
OPPPS should have un-hooked battery
while making pig tail longer...blew the fuse.
Today: Think all work is done but will repack bearing and wife will do general cleaning inside then I will wash and wax outside and later today woll spot seal all the pop rivets and bolt that may be potential leaks
with Dicor self leveling roof patch. I swear by this stuff.
Got to get ready to camp, leaving on Friday for 3 days for trial run.