New tow vehicle - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
When I bought our ARE cap the carpet lining was included at no cost. I also bought the rubber mat for the truck bed to help keep stuff from sliding around. I have some of those foam floor pads, the puzzle piece type that I use to kneel on when climbing on the tailgate, and also as padding between cargo and bikes.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #22

Name: ROY AND BETH
Trailer: BIGFOOT 21 FB
Florida
Registry
Are Czar very good camper tops and thanu's. I had one for my last truck and it was far superior to the ranch model I have now
nefldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #23
vin

Name: vince
Trailer: escape
Georgia
Angry 2019 Ram tv DUD.

I purchased a new hemi in nov. 2019. In may 2020 and 14,800 mi. later the ram was gone. The dream vehicle turned into a nightmare. after 12,000 mi. the truck went into limp mode 4 times and each time it was taken to the Ram dealership in Gainesville Ga. where it was purchased and the computer recorded nothing. It went to arbitration. The conference call held at the dealership was with the arbitrator, dealer service manager and FCA rep on speaker phone. The old arbitrator issued a very dis-oriented final report, the RAM rep. said we got average mi. and the truck preformed as designed. In her mind being disabled on the side of a hwy. is designed performance??? She also stated that it was under warranty. So what. They won't do anything now to try and fix the problem, so am I to believe they will later. She being the rep. for ram should be an embarrassment to a company that cared about its customer. Obviously Ram does't. The Ram service mgr. lied to us at the meeting by agreeing to install a monitor until the truck misbehaved again, and changed his mind and said three weeks when I went to have it installed. That was the last straw for my wife and myself. We are in our seventies and this was my SEVENTH and last Dodge over 35 years and not the first with this dealership.
My opinion is that both have gone to hell and need to stay there. The Ram is gone. Sad because I loved that truck when it ran, but when it got sick there was NO interest in helping especially from FCA and their CEO Reid Bigland who sets the tone for the company. I hope your Ram experience is a good one.

t
vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:08 AM   #24

Name: ROY AND BETH
Trailer: BIGFOOT 21 FB
Florida
Registry
Ram nightmare

I purchased a new 2014 EcoDiesel and in short order I was on a first-name basis with the service department technicians. The diesel exhaust fluid system malfunctioned four or five times. There was two recalls on some of the electrical system and there was a part need to be replaced in the steering column. with only 52,000 miles on the odometer the air conditioning system leaked all of its Freon out in the span of one afternoon. The car was just out of the warranty. And Dodge was not going to help me at all.. they gave me an initial quote or really a guesstimate of 25 to $3,500 and they would need to keep my truck for a week or two. I should have known better than to buy a Dodge. they are one of the most unreliable car companies out there. Check consumer reports before you buy your next car. That's why I have a Toyota tundra now..

Oh and all the forums on Dodge problems told me that the transmission will be going at about 70,000 miles

One good thing I will say is that it actually got 30 miles per gallon at 80 miles an hour
nefldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:30 AM   #25
vin

Name: vince
Trailer: escape
Georgia
Smile 2019 Ram tv DUD.

I now drive a 2020 Tundra.
vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #26

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks for your comments, former Ram owners. We'll see how we do with our purchase over the next months/years. I know that every car/truck we have owned had some bad experiences/comments somewhere, so maybe we got a good one. No issues yet and it is a 2018.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:41 AM   #27

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Good choice on going to a 3/4 ton truck. We have a BF 25RQ and tow with a Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Like buttah we roll. Have seen Tundras and American 1/2 ton pickups towing 25’s. We wouldn’t. And we average 15 mpg when towing.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:29 AM   #28

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead517 View Post
Good choice on going to a 3/4 ton truck. We have a BF 25RQ and tow with a Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Like buttah we roll. Have seen Tundras and American 1/2 ton pickups towing 25’s. We wouldn’t. And we average 15 mpg when towing.
We are anxious to try it out, but the Silver Cloud is covered for its winter nap right now.
Waiting for delivery and installation of a topper right now. I can't get used to those wide towing mirrors though. I wonder how many times it will be that I hit my head before I learn to watch out for them.

CindyL
Old 01-29-2020, 10:11 PM   #29

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
The main thing is that you stay to the right a bit while driving. I didn’t and whacked tow mirrors with an oncoming vehicle. Embarrassing, minimal damage but a noise like you wouldn’t believe! I’m way more careful now.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:58 PM   #30

Name: Cliff
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead517 View Post
The main thing is that you stay to the right a bit while driving. I didn’t and whacked tow mirrors with an oncoming vehicle. Embarrassing, minimal damage but a noise like you wouldn’t believe! I’m way more careful now.
Not too far right, hitting a parked car will make almost as much noise😁
Cliff Hotchkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:23 AM   #31

Registry
We got the topper on our pickup.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
topper.jpg  
Old 02-07-2020, 07:22 AM   #32

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Looks good! Nicely contoured to fit the back of the cab.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:37 AM   #33

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Nice fit , nice paint match , looks great
When we bought our new 2019 Ram we looked at a FG topper but held back
mainly due to cost ( The topper from our 2014 Ram would not fit new body style)
Your photo has got me thinking again
I wish you all the best with your new truck & trailer combo

PS ; My fishing partner recently purchased a new 3/4 ton Ram truck and sold off his old 3/4 ton Ram
His old truck was pretty well rusted but with 425,000 miles it was still going down the road
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #34

Registry
Thank you. We really like it. Kevin found that it dropped the level of the back enough that we are not likely going to need to buy a new hitch part from ProPride to give more drop.

It almost makes the pickup not seem so huge. It looks finished now.

This is a Lakeland Voyager cap. We had it put on in Oak Creek, WI. We found it to be the most economical choice relatively near to us.

CindyL