New Tow Vehicle under 20k - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2021, 10:21 PM   #41

Name: Carl
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Given that you live in Colorado I would recommend something with AWD or 4WD. And given that you have 2 kids and a dog you need something spacious. I drive a Frontier 4x4 king cab mt and it works great for me. However, it would be too small for you. My dad drives a 4dr Toyota Tundra and that is perfect for 4 people and a dog. It has 4wd and can tow like 10k which is overkill for you, but it is so comfortable inside for everyone ,its great for long trips. And the fuel economy is about the same as my smaller Frontier. Plus they say you will do better in an accident in a bigger truck than a smaller vehicle.
Yellow Boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #42

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggRoll View Post
The Toyota Sienna is a very capable tug up to 3,500# and 350# tongue weight if equipped with the "factory tow prep" package and not just an aftermarket hitch installed, which includes and engine oil radiator, transmission cooler and larger radiator....
The 2015 3red generation Sienna has a 3500/350 rating without any package added. In fact Toyota does not (or did not) offer the supplemental towing equipment for the Sienna so hitch and wiring are aftermarket. The brake and lights are a bit of a PIA to add but doable and once installed, yes the Sienna does just fine with a FBRV up to about 3000 lbs and not overloaded, taken off road, etc. Earlier Sienna's (generation 1 or 2) might have had a factory tow package of some sort.. IDK.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #43

Name: Mark
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
VW Tiguan - option

We tow our 13' Scamp with a 2013 VW Tiguan. 4 wheel drive, 7" clearance, roomy enough and you can find them used under $20k for sure. By my calculations we are 700 lbs under what the manual says it can tow. It has towed well.
MSFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:06 PM   #44

Name: Carl
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I mentioned the Tundra because it is quite comfortable for 4 people. However, it might be out of your price range for low miles. The 4dr Frontier is a cheaper option if you like the idea of a smaller truck. Still has room for 4 but I don't think it is as comfortable as the Tundra. Right now in Canada the used Frontier has actually appreciated because they are not selling the 2020 Frontier here. I could sell mine for about the same price or more as what I payed for it 3 years ago. Also I see bolers are going for 3x what I payed for mine just 3 years ago.
Yellow Boler is offline   Reply With Quote