New TV?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Red face New TV??

Picking up our new E21 this spring and planning on ordering a 12volt TV/DVD combo to have installed on pickup day. What brands do you all like? Hate?
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
I'm assuming you are not planning to use your TeleVision as a Tow Vehicle.

My Oliver had a 12 volt Furion TV with a separate Furion DVD player. The player failed in a very short time and I replaced it with a cheap generic 120 volt model that I ran on a cigarette lighter inverter. The new one worked better in every way and was only about $30.

My new HQ19 has a Scepter brand TV with built in DVD player. I don't like it for watching movies. It will suddenly go to low resolution and/or get the sound out of time with the picture. This seems to happen in just about every movie. Very annoying. And it is not Blu-Ray, which seems to be a good thing to have. The Scepter is also not 12 volt, so the on-board inverter must be on to run it.

When you find one you like, please report back with what it is.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Read the various reviews on Amazon. When I was looking, they all had issues. In the end, we just don't watch TV when camping. #1 common complaint is sound level (lack of). I added a small sound bar to solve that problem.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Our “TV” is a tablet with a small Bluetooth speaker. Doubles as a rear seat entertainment system on the road. Content is pre-loaded from our streaming accounts. For news we use the tow vehicle radio, and we’re not big sports consumers. Like Bill we don’t watch a lot of video entertainment when we’re camping, but it’s nice on a cold, windy, and/or wet evening when a campfire or walk under the stars doesn’t appeal. Table games followed by a movie with popcorn.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote