New Video For Happier Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2016, 05:26 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New Video For Happier Camper

I'm on the mailing list and Happier Camper has made a new video. They are really neat. Being older though, I do wonder about opening the back door and I wouldn't want to be carrying cubes outside, but I really like being able to arrange the interior the way you want, everything you want and nothing you don't.

https://vimeo.com/162621984
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:28 AM   #2

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
I see more this concept to people who perform hiking several days, being assured of good weather, which is not necessarily the case in our region ...

I do not know how long it would take me to get familiar with the location of each module and the weight of some of them?
But all seems very well orchestrated.

I'm not getting any younger ...
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #3

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Nice video. The trailer is not one I'd choose, but I look forward to actually seeing one at a rally some time.

Walt
Old 05-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Reminds me of having to put the kid's Lego away when they were done with it.
And, speaking of getting older, this grimacing camper appears to be in her late 20s.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 8.40.26 AM.png  
Old 05-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Thanks for the video! Kind of retro/space age; not as charming as a real vintage rig, but it'd start out in perfect shape. Must be very light for that woman to just roll the whole thing along by herself...lifting the various cubes, though, would depend on what you put in them. Wonder how comfortable the built-in padding is for the beds. The versatility is impressive.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Thanks for the video! Kind of retro/space age; not as charming as a real vintage rig, but it'd start out in perfect shape. Must be very light for that woman to just roll the whole thing along by herself...lifting the various cubes, though, would depend on what you put in them. Wonder how comfortable the built-in padding is for the beds. The versatility is impressive.
Kai the cusions are 3 inch latex foam with 1 inch perforated memory foam fused together ,covered with authentic sunbrella material , makes for a very comfortable cushion.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Kai the cusions are 3 inch latex foam with 1 inch perforated memory foam fused together ,covered with authentic sunbrella material , makes for a very comfortable cushion.

That does sound pretty comfortable.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #8

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
Quote:
Must be very light for that woman to just roll the whole thing along by herself...
Oh yeah, like the time I tried this with a tent trailer and dang near lost it to the ocean.
2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #9

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I think it is a terrific camping trailer. If I had the money it would be mine

I love the configurable interior concept because I am not a good fit lifestyle wise for the typical camper interior setup. With that large back opening there are so many options for people who custom make things to also use it for a delivery vehicle. Say someone who makes custom rocking chairs, dollhouses, art pieces, all of which don't fit well into smaller cars. This way your RV is also your delivery vehicle but you are not stuck with a big van or truck as an everyday driver or second vechicle.

You can go to a craft fair in it, set up your booth, unload and still have a place to camp that night. Or you can open the tailgate and use it for your popup store booth if that works for you. That big back opening is just right for a plein air landscape painter to work in out of the sun.

Stackable cubes, stove, sink, ice chest....think doing demonstrations of cooking for selling your products at a Farmer's Market Turn stackable cubes on their side with an open face used for product shelf display. a tall table for setting out those toothpick try me samples. That white clean and sanitary, easily washable fiberglass cube thing is a distinct advantage for food sales.

Honesly Happier Camper sales people you should consider showing up with one of these at a Farmer's Market just to show vendors how it could work for them. When vacation time comes they can switch right over and get away from working.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
I think it is a terrific camping trailer. If I had the money it would be mine

I love the configurable interior concept because I am not a good fit lifestyle wise for the typical camper interior setup. With that large back opening there are so many options for people who custom make things to also use it for a delivery vehicle. Say someone who makes custom rocking chairs, dollhouses, art pieces, all of which don't fit well into smaller cars. This way your RV is also your delivery vehicle but you are not stuck with a big van or truck as an everyday driver or second vechicle.

You can go to a craft fair in it, set up your booth, unload and still have a place to camp that night. Or you can open the tailgate and use it for your popup store booth if that works for you. That big back opening is just right for a plein air landscape painter to work in out of the sun.

Stackable cubes, stove, sink, ice chest....think doing demonstrations of cooking for selling your products at a Farmer's Market Turn stackable cubes on their side with an open face used for product shelf display. a tall table for setting out those toothpick try me samples. That white clean and sanitary, easily washable fiberglass cube thing is a distinct advantage for food sales.

Honesly Happier Camper sales people you should consider showing up with one of these at a Farmer's Market just to show vendors how it could work for them. When vacation time comes they can switch right over and get away from working.
Thanks KC I can tell you about a third of of our sales have been for the reasons you have stated ,not to many trailers you can work out of then take it camping and write it off as a business expense kinda takes the sting out of the cost.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #11

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
I can vouch for the mattresses. Two stage comfort foam. The density was fine tuned after feedback on the prototype. This mattress is more comfortable than my Tuft and Needle at home. Don. 6'5" 250 lbs. 65 years old. Using the trailer makes me feel young.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #12

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
I have to admit the HC1 does look awesome. Great innovation with super clean styling. Well done.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #13

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I like it but when I tried to figure out a good camping arrangement for me I couldn't. The location of the side door is such that you end up either using one or the other if you want to leave the bed up- you can't really set it up and then use both. Not sure how to change that, though, but a regular back door would work better for me. What I do like is the idea of being able to use it as a cargo trailer when not camping.

But then Washington State Ferries decided it for me by lowering the "no surcharge" height for trailers from 7'6" to 7'2" (for no good reason) so I'm sticking with the Campster.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #14

Trailer: Boler 1977
Registry
This trailer is genius! If I had the cash and didn't have a Boler already, I'd buy it in heartbeat. I'd like to see one in person.

Love the big back door, especially for loading and bed making. I'd probably not move the cubes inside/out, not wanting to bring dirt inside, instead use camping chairs and small portable table. Love the front table that switches to a lounge. Love the overhead bins for storage and the lights all around. I would consider moving the kitchen area to the front of the trailer, leaving the sides for two twin beds/lounges, and the wide open back for cargo access. Love the jacks that lower in the back.

I do worry that it can really be pulled with a small car. Cute for the video, but highly unlikely on freeways and coming down over mountain passes. Never underestimate the real-life towing ability of your car.
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #15

Registry
"Never underestimate the real-life towing ability of your car."

Do you mean overestimate? We're having this issue now, as we begin to replace things in our 73 amerigo...what does everything weigh, what did we take out, how can we rebuild it with 43 year newer material and keep the weight similar...tongue weight was at 90 pounds when gutted. With a plywood floor and two deep-cell marine batteries on the tongue, it's up to 210 already, and we don't even have walls up yet! Our limit is 350...what if we exceed that? Do we forget about it and sell it where it sits? Or load the back end heavier and get to a scale and find out what our front to back to tongue to total ratios are? Or what?

It's darn good advice to not destroy your car trying to do more than it can.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbails View Post
This trailer is genius! If I had the cash and didn't have a Boler already, I'd buy it in heartbeat. I'd like to see one in person.

Love the big back door, especially for loading and bed making. I'd probably not move the cubes inside/out, not wanting to bring dirt inside, instead use camping chairs and small portable table. Love the front table that switches to a lounge. Love the overhead bins for storage and the lights all around. I would consider moving the kitchen area to the front of the trailer, leaving the sides for two twin beds/lounges, and the wide open back for cargo access. Love the jacks that lower in the back.

I do worry that it can really be pulled with a small car. Cute for the video, but highly unlikely on freeways and coming down over mountain passes. Never underestimate the real-life towing ability of your car.
Thanks Jamie and yes you are correct on on your concern for tow limits for the HC1 .although some will think we are towing with just any Mini Cooper that particular mc is the only one with the tow capacity to tow the HC1. I have towed with that mc personally through mountain passes and slick conditions and with the trailer brakes which I would recommend for any trailer it Tows as well or better than our fj cruiser or my ridgeline. One of the reasons we use that vehicle is we plan to sell many HC1 s overseas and it represents the average vehicle there .Our advice to any potential customers is to use good judgement on what they-expect to actually tow and use it for their tv capacity.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #17

Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
The HC1 and Towing with a 4cyl

Just finished towing the HC1 over about 1500 miles with a 4 cyl Subaru Outback with the the CVT. Up Highway 5 from Sacramento into Oregon over the Siskiyous. (To about 4500 ' elevation). Then up into the Columbia River Gorge and later into middle Oregon and back over the Cascades and out to Weed (back on Highway 5) near Mount Shasta. I had plenty of power. The downhills were fine, using the downshift mode of the CVT to use engine breaking on the steepest hills. (Trailer has brakes and I have the Prodigy 2 controller). I also believe the owners have done big mileage trips using the Mini Countryman. They also pull one quite a bit with a 4 cyl Subaru Forester. So far I think these are good tow combinations.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0016.jpg   IMG_0019.jpg  

IMG_0020.jpg   IMG_0039.jpg  

IMG_0068.jpg   IMG_0073.jpg  

Old 05-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #18

California
Moving the HC1 and Cube Weight

Quote:
Must be very light for that woman to just roll the whole thing along by herself...lifting the various cubes, though, would depend on what you put in them.
As most owners with a 13 footer probably do, when we are ready to hook up the trailer I just grab ahold of it and pull it too the car. This works well on pavement and hard packed gravel, but not so good on loose gravel. At home I use a tongue dolly, from Harbor Freight, so I can steer it more easily up the slightly sloped driveway and into my garage. There is hardly ever the need to back the car directly up to the tongue.

The cubes can get heavy as you say. To travel we take two cubes into the house and pack them like a suitcase. It is still manageable to take it back out to the trailer once it is full of clothing and personal items. The sink cube could get heavy since there is a 5 gallon water tank inside of it. I have not found the need to take it outside yet though. Now that we have used the trailer a few times we are going to pull everything out of it and fool around with other configurations. OHBOY, adult sized Leggos.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #19

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Impressive video, love it.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #20

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
It is cute, but can you actually register it as an RV, or must you register it as a Utility/Cargo Trailer?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote