newbie confused..which trillium to buy,,Outback (canada) or Trillium u - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
I need someone's help making a decision....After giving up on an Airstream Bambi ($$$) I decided on a TAB until my search landed on FGRVs with bathrooms. I narrowed it down to Scamp, Casita and Trillium. Ruled out the Scamp and Casita since they don't seem to have a nice window in the front when the bathroom is installed. The Trillium/Outback has one but I am not sure which one to focus on. The Outback is made in Canada and made by Team Trillium. Then the Trillium is made in Sacramento, California. Which company should I go with? Who makes a better rig? Which has a nicer interior? Do both have bathrooms? I can't find one in Ohio to look at. What should I do???? I appreciate your help...this is my first post.
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Arrow

I can not help on the Trillium-Outback Canada or US question, however, Scamp has a side bathroom option, Layout 4 which would still give you a large window in front.
http://www.scamptrailers.com/Showroom/16Tr...FloorPlans.aspx

AW
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The US Trillium was/is using the fiberglass bodies that are made by Team Trillium in Calgary. I have yet to see a photo of the US made one .
Old 08-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #4

Quote:
I can not help on the Trillium-Outback Canada or US question, however, Scamp has a side bathroom option, Layout 4 which would still give you a large window in front.
http://www.scamptrailers.com/Showroom/16Tr...FloorPlans.aspx
I checked out the floor plan and you are right but I forgot to mention I am looking at a 13 footer which doesn't give that option....could it?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Concerning a 13' Scamp, they seem to make one with a front bath, but not with a large window in front. But does the Trillium have a shower in their bathroom? I believe the 13' Scamps have showers (?). From a Bambi or TAB to a 13' Fiberglass, a big jump in down sizing. Good luck in your search.

PS: Backus, MN would be closer to Ohio in picking one up, just a thought. Call them, they might even put one together with the large window in the front for you....might be worth a try? 800.346.4962 (toll free)

http://www.scamptrailers.com/ContactUs.aspx

Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #6

Just a toilet in the 13ft trill---Its a option
Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #7

Thumbs up

Chester, how about the Escapes, do they come in 13', do they have bath/showers, with larger front windows? I know the Escapes are really quality trailers. I got to see a 5th wheel when it came through Las Cruces last year. Very nice workmanship.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #8

I don't think Escapes come in 13ft. but I sure am looking for something with an upscale contemporary look...not crazy about oak cabinets and carpeting. I seem to be attracted to euro models like the IBOD but it may be pricey and I cant seem to find any euro caravans sold in the us or canada....thats why we like the Bambi and the TAB but one is too expensive and the other no bathroom....help!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #9

Get a Scamp without the carpet, paint the cabinet doors after you pick it up. The cabinets themselves are white fiberglass. Or, I believe there is a travel trailer made in China with an upscale contemporary look, but can not remember the name, nor the length of them.

I found them: http://www.roamingtimes.com/a/consumer/ica...vel-trailer.asp

I did not look to see if they come in 13'.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Chester, how about the Escapes, do they come in 13', do they have bath/showers, with larger front windows? I know the Escapes are really quality trailers. I got to see a 5th wheel when it came through Las Cruces last year. Very nice workmanship.
No they do not make a 13ft. My 17ft Escape is fully loaded. At present time they just make the two models.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #11

Thumbs up

Well, it seems the iCamp Elite is just a little longer than 13', 14'7" long, and they do NOT have a front window. But they do have a shower and the bathroom is in the rear. It looks a lot like the TABs and are very upscale contemporary looking. Happy hunting.

Oh, yes, it is NOT fiberglass......you can not beat molded fiberglass trailers! But again it is upscale looking! Remember Retro is also in these days. Ha!

Thanks, Chester.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #12

Adrian, are you kidding......I spend hours on the web looking at rvs and I never knew about ROTI or the I Camp Elite.....it may be the answer to our needs and pocket book....thank you so much.....Lloyd
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Get a Scamp without the carpet, paint the cabinet doors after you pick it up. The cabinets themselves are white fiberglass. ......

scamp allows you to order without the sidewall carpet? Has anyone else ever heard that this was possible? I never have, it's interesting.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #14

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
The US Trillium was/is using the fiberglass bodies that are made by Team Trillium in Calgary. I have yet to see a photo of the US made one .
Last I heard, they are now two completely separate entities each making their own everything .
Old 08-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Last I heard, they are now two completely separate entities each making their own everything .
Has anyone really seen one?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #16

Thumbs down

Quote:
scamp allows you to order without the sidewall carpet? Has anyone else ever heard that this was possible? I never have, it's interesting.
Ken, I never mentioned sidewall carpet, for one thing Scamp does not use carpet on the walls & ceiling it is a marine fabric and the second the context had to do with the floor. At least, it was what I understood in Lloyd's entry.

Edit: But going back and looking at the post: ".....not crazy about oak cabinets and carpeting." I see, he could have been speaking about the walls and ceiling, but I do not think of them as carpet in the Scamp, I was and am assuming it was the floor carpet.

Additional Thought: Concerning the iCamp Elite with a Base MSRP - $15,600 (without options) price, if I am not completely off, the 13' Scamp would be less expensive, and a 16' about the same, perhaps a little less as well. Has anyone seen an iCamp Elite?

AW
Old 08-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #17

Dear Trillium owner,,,,is it an Outback (Canadian) or a Trillium made in Sacramento, California? Did you consider the Casita or Scamp? Why did you decide on the Trillium or Outback? Are they worth the additional cost? Do you feel it is an upgrade from a Scamp or Casita? Do they really have decent size front window and a toilet? What do you wish they had that they don't.

Thanks for the help....

Lloyd
Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Dear Trillium owner,,,,is it an Outback (Canadian) or a Trillium made in Sacramento, California? Did you consider the Casita or Scamp? Why did you decide on the Trillium or Outback? Are they worth the additional cost? Do you feel it is an upgrade from a Scamp or Casita? Do they really have decent size front window and a toilet? What do you wish they had that they don't.

Thanks for the help....

Lloyd
I had a 2004 trill made in Calgary. Yes they have a flush toilet and good size windows. I am not in a position to comment as to whether they are better than a Scamp or Casita.

Tags
trillium