Newbie just saying hi - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 13 ft Scamp
Hi all!

My DW and I just recently (Thursday) ordered a Scamp 13. I've been lurking here for a few weeks doing my homework. Thanks for all of the great information and wonderful humor.

What lead us to a fg was the decision to not have tenting. Our last camper was a Coleman pop-up which we sold a little over two years ago. I had almost entirely decided on getting an A-liner but my DW was hesitant to get another camper we had to pop-up to load. My tug is a Jeep JK so I'm limited in what I can get. One google search lead to another and I followed a link from a Jeep forum to here. The big bang happened when her eyes lit up seeing the eggs. We were lucky to find a local seller with a 13 but it just was missing alot of the features we wanted. Getting to see that camper was all we needed.

I'm sure I'll have questions as we begin our own adventures. I just wanted to extend a big HELLO!

-John
John Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Hello and welcome to the world of fiberglass trailers. You will find lots of information here and this is a great group of people. Questions----------just ask, someone should have an answer for you. When will your Scamp be ready? Thanks for introducing yourselves, and hope to see you on the message boards with news when the new camper arrives. Coming to Mn to get it, or having it shipped to you?

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Hello and welcome to the world of fiberglass trailers. You will find lots of information here and this is a great group of people. Questions----------just ask, someone should have an answer for you. When will your Scamp be ready? Thanks for introducing yourselves, and hope to see you on the message boards with news when the new camper arrives. Coming to Mn to get it, or having it shipped to you?
Should be ready beginning of next month. I'm sure I'll be here daily and I'll post a "It's Here!!!!" topic.

We decided to have it shipped. I may be brave enough to endure hurricanes but I'm not brave enough to make that round trip especially through cold climate conditions. That also gives me more time to get the brake controller etc.. added to the Jeep.

Since we've been away from camping for a couple of years we forgot how exciting it is. We spent the day taking inventory and picking up some essentials. Thanks for the welcome!

-John
Old 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Welcome!
So glad that you saw one and was able to order just what you wanted. Lucky you, you live where you can camp year round!

We'll look forward to hearing from you.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Welcome!
So glad that you saw one and was able to order just what you wanted. Lucky you, you live where you can camp year round!

We'll look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks Suz.

It took a little while to decide on what we wanted but since our pop-up was used we always wished for some of the other options. We normally like to buy used to save the $$$$ but this time we decided to treat ourselves.

Year round camping is one of the perks as long as you can stand the heat! We'll probably camp less in the summer due to the humidity ---- yuck. Once I get comfortable towing distances with the Scamp we may head further north for those summer trips. Mostly North Georgia and North Carolina.

-John
Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Congratulations on your new trailer. You will love the experience and soon wish you could do it every weekend. As you head north, there are some very nice areas to visit in eastern Kentucky, too. We stayed in the lodge near Prestonsburg at Jenny Wiley State Park and it is wonderful... lake, trails, golf, theater company, etc. We didn't have our trailer with us that trip, but we wish we had!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome Kevin and DW to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here. Yes please, when your trailer is delivered we'd love to see pictures! As an FYI, I'm sure you've see the group gathering that's planned in your area in April, but if not here's the link: First Annual Southeast Spring Eggscursion, April 24-26, 2008. Join us in Townsend, TN

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: John and welcome. We love to see new "Hatchlings" so take lots and lots of pic's of the little cutie and let us know the moment of arrival...
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #9

Thanks everyone!

I'll be sure to take plenty of pics and share here. I didn't see the gathering in Tennessee. We'll have to check our schedules!

Kentucky is also on our list then hopefully a long trip out to California. Of course those will be a few years away but it's never to early to start planning .

-John