Newbie questions re: used Scamp 16' Deluxe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #1

Name: Charley
Trailer: Scamp
California
Newbie questions re: used Scamp 16' Deluxe

Folks -- Any opinions on whether $12,500 is a fair price for a camper with the following description:

2005 Scamp Deluxe with all wood interior (birch); all deluxe features including vinyl flooring, toilet/shower, sleeps 4 (2 bunk beds/converts to sofa and larger dining table/converts to double bed), awning, furnace, outside 110 V outlet, inside 12V outlet, power roof vent, 4.6 ft3 refrigerator, dual propane tanks, front window cover, and pre-wired for A/C; new battery and fairly new tires; will include about $300 worth of accessories; used only 22 times in 9 years; immaculate and in excellent condition.

I spoke to the owner but haven't seen it in person yet.

The only damage is a blowout that put a small hole in the floor, which has since been repaired.

He said some of the door/window/roof seals are looking a little tired. Is that a problem? Hard to repair or replace?

Do the deluxe models have brownish/green stickers instead of red? I haven't see that before.

Thanks!

Charley
Attached Thumbnails
scamp.jpg  
charleypartanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
The asking price seems to me reasonable.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleypartanna View Post
Folks -- Any opinions on whether $12,500 is a fair price for a camper with the following description:

2005 Scamp Deluxe with all wood interior (birch); all deluxe features including vinyl flooring, toilet/shower, sleeps 4 (2 bunk beds/converts to sofa and larger dining table/converts to double bed), awning, furnace, outside 110 V outlet, inside 12V outlet, power roof vent, 4.6 ft3 refrigerator, dual propane tanks, front window cover, and pre-wired for A/C; new battery and fairly new tires; will include about $300 worth of accessories; used only 22 times in 9 years; immaculate and in excellent condition.

The only damage is a blowout that put a small hole in the floor, which has since been repaired.

He said some of the door/window/roof seals are looking a little tired. Is that a problem? Hard to repair or replace?

Do the deluxe models have brownish/green stickers instead of red? I haven't see that before.

Thanks!

Charley
Based on the description and the photos only, I would say it's a good price.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
It is 10 years old and at 12,500 is about 2/3rds the cost of new, just about. I think a little high, but that is just me. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleypartanna View Post

Thanks!

Charley
I see by the pictures that you are referring to a Scamp16D. The stripe is Gold. Scamp has finally come out with a new door gasket ($26)which you will want at any rate.
Ask if the A/C prep would necessitate moving the Fantastic fan to install the A/C.
I would not appraise a trailer without seeing it in person, but I will say that all things being good, it will sell quickly at or about that price, so move it or lose it!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Just depend on what you want. I sold a regular 2002 Scamp a few years ago for $7500.00. It was in excellent condition and no air. This is a deluxe which is a little higher. If the window seals are worn they can be replaced for around $200.00 material only. I replaced all of mine due to being stopped up with mud daubers. Took a couple of evening to remove old and replace with new. Being a deluxe and a 2005 my guess would be worth about $10,000-$10,500 maybe $11,000. But have to agree with Floyd it will probably sell for close to asking.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #7

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Yes, I think its a fair price.
I would want to check out the area where the blowout occurred to make sure it was repaired well and that there is no rot in that area.
Good luck, love the deluxe models. As Floyd says the deluxe have the gold lettering.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #8

Name: D. Jim
Manitoba
2005 16 ft delux

I just bought a 16 ft side dinette last year new from the factory. After pricing new and looking at the used market I came to realize the on going value of these FG trailers. They are structurally long lasting. We love ours. I agree with the others. Don't waist too much time. Make up your mind if this is a floor plan you love.
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #9

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Like some of the othersI think that is a little high but it will probably sell for that. I would not pay that especially with no air. Just me, but if I was going to pay that much I would go ahead and pony up for a new one exactly like I wanted.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #10

Name: Art
Resale so good I decided to go new. I don't regret it while I'm putting my personality in it. WHAT A CAMPER.
art warner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp