I’m coming up on my 3 month anniversary of owning my 1992 13’ Scamp
Some thoughts from this newbie:
1) I’m glad I jumped in with both feet because I had absolutely no idea about towing/owning a trailer. I paid $4,000 and although I thought it was a fixer-upper, it really wasn't in too bad of condition. Buying used allowed me to start this adventure and not be too financially invested if I decided it's not for me.
2) I’m glad I bought a fiberglass trailer, I do believe in their structural integrity.
3) Adding a city water inlet is the bees knees!
4) Attending a fiberglass rally
gave me upgrade fever, so I’m nursing that now and hopefully I can keep my checkbook in check.
5) I love jalousie windows
and didn’t even know what they were when I bought mine, and am now glad it has them.
6) I am surprised at how much dirt I track in, it’s easier to see on the vinyl flooring I installed, I’ll need to get a throw rug.
7) Wires shorting out can make a person tear things apart. I’m glad my wiring issues are behind me.
8) I’m SO glad that my tow vehicle can handle the Scamp
. I have to be careful when turning right because I got close to clipping a curb due to forgetting the Scamp
9) I want a front dinette that can easily turn back into a sofa/bed when needed.
10) If this had a corner toilet/shower enclosure (this would take away from the dinette idea above), I doubt I’d ever long for another trailer.
Come say hi if you ever see this rig on your travels: